Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Bylos' Silence

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I'm not employed to post on forums. I do that in my free time. Nobody at Funcom would give me any kind of grief if I never posted anything again because while this is something that I feel is valuable and good for the community, I am not employed for my skill in posting on forums (should be obvious from some of my more rancid posts). Plus the % of the playerbase I am communicating with here is tiny.

The point being, that it would be a cop out if this was in my job description. But as a "career man" I logged about 60hrs during my "holiday" and none of it was forum posting, it was design work that needed to be done.

The understanding that these forums need to have is that I will post when I can and give information when I am certain it will be correct.

I can't promise any more.
    This needs to be a sticky.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Any word on the progress for a fix on the huge problems people are having running Nvidia 600 series GPU's have a friend still getting black screens every 15-20 minutes?
    Would think a fix for this would be job # 1 as many are complaining about not being able to play the game.

Nobody at Funcom would give me any kind of grief if I never posted anything again ...

the crux of the problem.

And sometimes, I will be silent. My wife is going to give birth in May sometimes, and then you will probably get a long stretch of silence (I won't )
    That is awesome! Congratulations joel!

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    the crux of the problem.
    Nice play on his words, Twinklez. Don't forget all the stuff you cut out of his post - that's the stuff that matters.

He said he is not required to post on the forums as a part of his job description. Yet what was he doing? Posting.

Do you really want him to make promises he cannot carry out? I don't think anyone does.

Let's quit ragging on the man to get things done because he's doing everything he can, and will let us know what he can follow through on when he knows he can perform.

On a side note, I don't want to squash everyone's ability to post their frustrations, but he's posted several times now that he's going to get us an update when he has an update to give. If we keep getting posts about how silent he is, and how nothing's getting done, I'm going to seriously start closing out these threads (here and in F2P). You can only tell someone so many times to be patient before you lose patience yourself...
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

please dont feel resentment. we are a bunch of people still playing game. and love this game, conan lore. and we have been waiting for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    Nice play on his words, Twinklez. Don't forget all the stuff you cut out of his post - that's the stuff that matters.

He said he is not required to post on the forums as a part of his job description. Yet what was he doing? Posting.

Do you really want him to make promises he cannot carry out? I don't think anyone does.

Let's quit ragging on the man to get things done because he's doing everything he can, and will let us know what he can follow through on when he knows he can perform.

On a side note, I don't want to squash everyone's ability to post their frustrations, but he's posted several times now that he's going to get us an update when he has an update to give. If we keep getting posts about how silent he is, and how nothing's getting done, I'm going to seriously start closing out these threads (here and in F2P). You can only tell someone so many times to be patient before you lose patience yourself...
    you are right. I read his posts here and on the tsw forums. he is hot headed and vindictive towards his customers.

I definitely would instruct him to stop and leave it in more customer oriented hands.

I'm not employed to post on forums. I do that in my free time. Nobody at Funcom would give me any kind of grief if I never posted anything again because while this is something that I feel is valuable and good for the community, I am not employed for my skill in posting on forums (should be obvious from some of my more rancid posts). Plus the % of the playerbase I am communicating with here is tiny.

The point being, that it would be a cop out if this was in my job description. But as a "career man" I logged about 60hrs during my "holiday" and none of it was forum posting, it was design work that needed to be done.

The understanding that these forums need to have is that I will post when I can and give information when I am certain it will be correct.

DOnt worry. This so called "career" man seems to need that title. everyone needs and can have holidays. just stupid idiots are working everyday without breaks. dont matter if you are a GD, a programmer or just the charwoman. maybe you should hire him to be in the forums 7/24 and if hes not, you are free to kick his ass.

@twinkelz some customers are assh.oles. period. Just because someone is a customer doesnt mean he can humiliate others, can be arrogant and everyone has to listen to him. Just because in our modern times there are so many whimps in buisness that cant sell without a behaviour like this so amny customers really believe they can act like they want.

it is very refreshing to see, that joel can handle scumbacks like that.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 4th April 2013 at 16:13.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Anakhor View Post
    please dont feel resentment. we are a bunch of people still playing game. and love this game, conan lore. and we have been waiting for a long time.
    No not all, I just want people to understand the nature of how this works. People can accept the parameters of my communication or not.

Twinklez doesn't like my communication style and suggests I leave it to more capable people. I am completely fine with doing so if that is what people wish.

No not all, I just want people to understand the nature of how this works. People can accept the parameters of my communication or not.

Twinklez doesn't like my communication style and suggests I leave it to more capable people. I am completely fine with doing so if that is what people wish.
    maybe I should clarify my opinion so there's no misinterpretation. as a customer I should not be made to feel guilty that you are posting on your personal time.
    Either post, or don't. Just remember, we are the ones giving funcom money.
    Last edited by twinklez3; 4th April 2013 at 16:14.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast