Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: fixing PvP crowd control imbalances

Quote Originally Posted by lonetac View Post
    Been playing since tech beta. Sure you can play without LtP, fact of hte matter is we invested in a skill for AAs and continually nerfing it because bad players are bad is bad game design. Every class has money abilities, pom is far from most op class in the game and doesnt need more nerfs, enough is enough.

Edited by Arishanya - watch the flame bait.
    the point of my post was no class should have instant CC, and repulse is one if not the best instant CC, yes ppl resists it but heck that happens with every CC, Conqs BoA is OP but well thats just because they get it back when someone dies (i dont play conq so im not 100% on that) but back to PoMs LtP, that does not only give PoMs instant Repulse but also resets their CD on their fear, that means you can run around and be fearing everyone since you can just use LoM and get LtP 24/7. and YES alot of AA points have been put into it but so what? as i said i play PoM myself, but not so much anymore because of this CC ****. i mainly play ToS now and yes ToS is not bad but atm PoM is better. and before you rage like a madman just look at both classes...

ToS: Silence/Slow 0.5Sec Single target. Stun 1 sec Single target. Root AoE 8M 6 Targets 1 sec. Stun AoE 5M 6 Targets 1 sec.

PoM: Stun 1 sec Single Target. Knockback AoE 1 Sec 6M 6 Targets (instant with LtP). Slow/Fear(demons or undead) AoE 1 Sec 6M 6 Targets. Fear/slow 1 sec Single target (Instant recast if LtP procs). Stun/Fear(Demons or Undead) AoE Selfcentered (hits everything around) 1 Sec.

Ok, after taking a look at the classes we or atleas i can se that LtP is somewhat OP, and i feel a nerf should be in order, not a hugh nerf but make repulse 0.5 sec or something. because when funcom revamped CC one of the points was no more instant CC's and for demos Detonation they need to put a Dot on before they can use it so thats OK. as for rangers... do i need to say anything? remove instant traps, they should have casting time like everyone else.
    Last edited by Zychic; 15th March 2013 at 13:31.
    Smurfina
    Tempest of Set
    Member of
    Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    Located on Crom PvE EU
    | Zychic Priest of Mitra | Zycoz Herald of Xotli | Zychology Bear Shaman |
    Raid Progression | Apply to Audenets Fortuna Juvat | Recruitment Status

Thumbs up

I Agree.
    Remove instant CC in this specific case.

Quote Originally Posted by clenghat View Post
    Dude, come on. Barbarians are one of the weakest classes in pvp. Yes we can trade, if the trade consist of more features.
    I don't know if you're joking or not. Either way, thanks for the laugh.
    Last edited by Mathieulombardi; 15th March 2013 at 17:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    I don't know if you're joking or not. Either way, thanks for the laugh.
    Mmmh i prefer slith's "snapkick is so bad" joke personnaly
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Zychic View Post
    but also resets their CD on their fear, that means you can run around and be fearing everyone since you can just use LoM and get LtP 24/7. and YES alot of AA points have been put into it but so what?
    Repulse is fine the way it is unless we are going to rework the whole class. Nuff said.

And you obviously dont know much about poms after calling for a nerf to them if you think we can go around fearing everyone. Take a look at how much mana it costs to cast the spell

I think mods should just start modding every post that has "nerf this class in it" as that statement always seems to come from people who have no business saying it in the first place.\

I would like to now talk about nerfing HoX's and all the other classes i dont play, this way i can fit in!

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Mmmh i prefer slith's "snapkick is so bad" joke personnaly
    I didn't say it was bad. I said that it has it's disadvantages so it doesn't really belong in the list of OP knocbacks like instant AOE KB or charge + KB. And I even agreed that animation could be toned a bit.

But hey, seems like I am cracking jokes even when I am not trying.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I didn't say it was bad. I said that it has it's disadvantages so it doesn't really belong in the list of OP knocbacks like instant AOE KB or charge + KB. And I even agreed that animation could be toned a bit.

C'mon, you know that putting a complete list of disadvantages in order to dramatize the skill situation can be seen as a QQ, especially if right after that you want to compare with the barb kb and launch a flamewar (not intended i suppose) between barbs user & sin users

I know it was not on purpose, but you can make a list like that on almost all skills of the game (even bubbles). I played sin a little and i know snapkick is like you described but no matter the stance i get when i read your answer i consider it like an attempt to point another class-kb like it will make yours underpowered.

No offense, he ^^
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

oh assassin is far from underpowered...just not because of snap kick.

I am puzzled that my post came across as attempt at flame war 0_o

wasn't my intention
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by lonetac View Post
    My point was every class has cheese moves like repulse, not exactly repulse. Demo skill is 9 times more powerful than repulse.
    1. It can be applied from a distance
    2. You can wait and detonate whenever you want
    3. It has the same ability to knockback an entire group like repulse.

When i started my demo i couldnt help but think this skill was way better than repulse because you can control it and where it goes. You also dont need to feet several 100 AA's and spend months training it to get it there. There is the reality, its not skewed in my favor. Its we are nitpicking on nerfing poms again and its BS when other classes are doing things just as similiar.

Sins can knock back a pvp 8 pom and that pom is dead without much they can do if against a similiar geared sin. Even with repulse, explain that?

conqs charging, knocking back and bursting you down to 30% health isnt cheese? At least this requires ass loads of AA's like LtP does and rightfully so.

Barbs can knockback 10 ppl as well if they all line up perfectly. One button. I dont think barbs need tweaking but im just saying. I hit one button on my barb and 5 ppl can go flying.

Ranger traps are instant and can be 10 times more effective than repulse.

Im not butthurt, if you want to have a rational conversation then lets do it. PoMs and repulse are not the issue here and if we are going to go on about them then lets talk about everyone else, they have skills just as useful.

Im tired of players every 4 months crying about repulse and then the GD's look at it and they nerf us again because some players are just incapable of playing a game where they dont have a severe advantage. And repulse does not make poms the most powerful class in the game, take it away and nerf LtP some more and you change the scope of this class tremendously.

Like a broken record, PoMs have seen more nerfs to it than any other class since launch. So when someone starts screaming for more then yes, i am going to interject and argue that out. Enough is enough already.
    I actually forget CC ranges went back to 15 meters for most and still CC within 5 meters like it's 1.6. I can't break that habit it seems.

lol, and repulse is not OP, LtP has already been nerfed, and unless you are running heavy Divinity (which I don't enjoy) you need all kinds of gear to start getting those 3-4k DPS hits.

It's only OP when your toon is geared out, like any other ability.

And lol at Snap Kick, the only reason you see so much QQ about this ability is because it works on everyone now, not just clothies and lights like it used too.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post

It does belong on the list just as much as any other knockback. Repulse and LtP have their disadvantages too. one of it requiring 100's of AA's and the other it procing based on chance to get instant.

Repulse is NOT instant off the base. It isnt even instant with LtP feated. It becomes instant after 5 ranks of an AA skill. None of the other skills anyone mentions in this thread suffer from BOTH of those problems. They get the skills inately and they dont need to invest AA or take AA slots up to get those abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post

And lol at Snap Kick, the only reason you see so much QQ about this ability is because it works on everyone now, not just clothies and lights like it used too.
    Thats exactly what happened with repulse. Nobody cared after the initial nerf it saw in the first 2 months of the game. After that it was left alone until it could knock heavies back that were wearing heavy gear. Then the crying started. Its been nerfed 3 times since launch.
    Last edited by lonetac; 15th March 2013 at 23:29.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast