Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Raid gear, world bosses and Solo'ing and Small groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselconq View Post
    for last half year i saw "learning" in lfm spam 2 or 3 times. ones it was t3.5 raid, don`t remember others. but every day, everyone asking for xp/aa/gear. last 2 you can get if you have xp but i`m not so dumb to think that if i looked a few vids on ytube i have xp, not working this way) problem is not in gear, problem is that no one want help get some xp. why ppl from "cool" guilds not making learning raids? 12-18 ppl in t4-t6 gear can easy show to 6-12 half noobs t3 raid. no) xp/aa/gear
    Hope you guys will think about this befor here will be no one to fill yr high tier raids. also i think will help a lot just cut raids cd to 3 days. 3-4h for full t1 run and then 7days cd))))
    afraid to considered how much time will take to get full t2 set only in raids) wb not always help( for 2 weeks my dt got 1x t1 sword, 1x t1 shield(not funny))) a bit better with armors in same time guy from guild got about 5x t1 swords and 3x t2 but not got any helm)))

p.s. what better? give fish to hungry man or give a fishing rod and taught how to fish?)))
    Our guild Rogue Angels (US Guild), while we don't pug very often, but when we do, we do not require aa/exp/gear. With that being said, you never know who is going to join and I can say we've had players from both ends of the spectrum. While we don't mind explaining things, some people choose NOT to speak up when they don't know what to do, refuse to get in Vent, and end up causing a wipe.

I used run a Pug T3 on Sunday nights and occasional t1/t2 raids. I took whoever wanted to join regardless of exp level. While most were good listeners, I think I only kicked 3 people in a 2 year span. People that blatantly don't listen, consistently screw up, and just waste time is why the reason most guilds ask for experience. They just are tired of bone-heads.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Johara does learning runs all the time,including taking anyone in t3.5 and t4 ,then she gets questioned on her tactics ."Turn the dragon or we are all dead".Then the dragon isn't turned ,is killed and it's still "You just got lucky" ."You kill YI-Qin along with adds and not at the entrance?CRAZY TACTICS I AM OUT" and so on...It would be nice if majority of the non xp players would like to get the fishing rod,instead they prefer to be proud and right.At least some do
    I remember that Vistrix raid. The dude was adamant about someone turning the dragon and was in true disbelief when it went down that was pure Luck. People can't stand to see different strats work or are so used to the lazy strats to prevent paying attention.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

always funny to see that people just don't (want to ?) know how the boss-specific mechanics work ! vistrix bane is a good exemple of that.
    actually, i think many people forming raids and who speak decent english don't mind explaining tactics they are gonna use, when the new guys also understand english correctly, and say they don't know the fight.

anyway, the bigger the group is, the better should be the rewards, as an incentive to play together, form groups and raid, meet more guys et cetera.
    if we can just /claim everything, where is the interest ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselconq View Post
    for last half year i saw "learning" in lfm spam 2 or 3 times. ones it was t3.5 raid, don`t remember others. but every day, everyone asking for xp/aa/gear. last 2 you can get if you have xp but i`m not so dumb to think that if i looked a few vids on ytube i have xp, not working this way) problem is not in gear, problem is that no one want help get some xp. why ppl from "cool" guilds not making learning raids? 12-18 ppl in t4-t6 gear can easy show to 6-12 half noobs t3 raid. no) xp/aa/gear
    Hope you guys will think about this befor here will be no one to fill yr high tier raids. also i think will help a lot just cut raids cd to 3 days. 3-4h for full t1 run and then 7days cd))))
    afraid to considered how much time will take to get full t2 set only in raids) wb not always help( for 2 weeks my dt got 1x t1 sword, 1x t1 shield(not funny))) a bit better with armors in same time guy from guild got about 5x t1 swords and 3x t2 but not got any helm)))

p.s. what better? give fish to hungry man or give a fishing rod and taught how to fish?)))

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Our guild Rogue Angels (US Guild), while we don't pug very often, but when we do, we do not require aa/exp/gear. With that being said, you never know who is going to join and I can say we've had players from both ends of the spectrum. While we don't mind explaining things, some people choose NOT to speak up when they don't know what to do, refuse to get in Vent, and end up causing a wipe.

I used run a Pug T3 on Sunday nights and occasional t1/t2 raids. I took whoever wanted to join regardless of exp level. While most were good listeners, I think I only kicked 3 people in a 2 year span. People that blatantly don't listen, consistently screw up, and just waste time is why the reason most guilds ask for experience. They just are tired of bone-heads.

This is a big point toward this thread. Yet there is mention I am the being a Gear whore in this thread. Vets who don't have the time or want to go back to teach old raids or gear up someone who didn't stay in the game, shouldn't have to. But if they know the game. They can use this way to play catch up. Again it won't be fast. But it gives them something to not just throw in the towel. An When ready guild mates or even pugs will consider these players. That's if Funcom implements it right. With change there is always fear. But until tested it can only be feared what anything can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    always funny to see that people just don't (want to ?) know how the boss-specific mechanics work ! vistrix bane is a good exemple of that.
    actually, i think many people forming raids and who speak decent english don't mind explaining tactics they are gonna use, when the new guys also understand english correctly, and say they don't know the fight.

anyway, the bigger the group is, the better should be the rewards, as an incentive to play together, form groups and raid, meet more guys et cetera.
    if we can just /claim everything, where is the interest ?
    This game has a lot of learning and not enough teachers. Kinda like some schools. If a raid goes well people learn. If it gets no where. Your not learning much. Take what Halfdead said, Tired of taking bone heads. An after a certain point in this game, it just dies for certain player types. Even that some players aren't interested in it. An in the past I have made the statement, some guilds have a lot of players that want to raid. Yet not enough to fill a 2nd raid. An they could end up sitting out. An by choice they don't want to deal with the "bone-heads". So they wait to get into a raid with the guild. Sometimes wasting money on the game and end up logging out, eventually it gets old and they stop playing period. Yes they could join another guild, but the same thing could happen in that guild. An they still have to build trust that the raid will be a success.

Now in America, we had issue where raids went on and nobody was running K6. Or just like the bone-heads in raids. Some people just wanted to get the K6 done. So they stuck to a preformed group. Yet some players knew what they were doing. An had the gear.
    Nothing needs to be free.. But just equal advantage in for all players in games. Even said that this is a MMO. Many might play with the mass, but some bring friends into the game and that's where they play more, with friends. Many factors to think of, and you cant force people to do something they don't want to.

An to those who disagree with my post thinking I'm saying give out free raid gear. If funcom has to keep nerfing raids. What is really the difference other than joining a raid. If you can knock out a raid fast because it was dumbed down. Well those who said free gear. Not to far off from the thread here. Just ways for people who don't get in a raid to keep up.
    Last edited by Kellisia; 8th January 2016 at 16:26.

Guys stop giving attention to this troll,this guy will open the same thread over and over asking for the same thing, funcom anyways wont please him no matter how much he will cry.What he is asking is to destroy pve aspect of the game the same way pvp trolls with same mentality destroyed pvp years ago.

And as shinken already said Johara doing weekly t4 and erlik pugs and she is taking players all the time who never been to these raids before and she has all the good will to explain every single thing while teaching them.And its always annoying when she is getting questioned sometimes if she use a proper working tactic instead of tactics that less experienced players have been using because for some strange reason they find it better(same thing is happening in dungeons).
    Last edited by zeuss; 8th January 2016 at 16:58.
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    And as shinken already said Johara doing weekly t4 and erlik pugs and she is taking players all the time who never been to these raids before and she has all the good will to explain every single thing while teaching them.And its always annoying when she is getting questioned sometimes if she use a proper working tactic instead of tactics that less experienced players have been using because for some strange reason they find it better(same thing is happening in dungeons).
    Johara is a great person and player.
    Anyway, I don't understand why you and Shink are making a case on official forum about the behaviour of some.. not well behaving player.
    Just kick him from raid and put him on ignore list, so you remember he is not one guy to get again in your raids.

This is a MMORPG game, it's full of every kind of person.
    It's not that every casual or newbie player is like you are describing.
    You just have to manage with those, and it's perfectly normal when you get random people - that's why in general people tends to chose the people to play with.

Big +1 to Jahara for all that she does for this game, but what you describe is normal in every pug.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Johara is a great person and player.
    Anyway, I don't understand why you and Shink are making a case on official forum about the behaviour of some.. not well behaving player.
    Just kick him from raid and put him on ignore list, so you remember he is not one guy to get again in your raids.

This is a MMORPG game, it's full of every kind of person.
    It's not that every casual or newbie player is like you are describing.
    You just have to manage with those, and it's perfectly normal when you get random people - that's why in general people tends to chose the people to play with.

Big +1 to Jahara for all that she does for this game, but what you describe is normal in every pug.
    Dieselconq pointed out big guilds etc don't bother to teach people...i am pointing out that when they do, not everyone wants to learn.And to give you a more general example,you can explain how zaal works and what needs to be done every week ,you still get the same number of people never paying attention and never understanding because they cba to do it .We replied to something that is relevant to our behavior ,do you understand now ?

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    Guys stop giving attention to this troll,this guy will open the same thread over and over asking for the same thing, funcom anyways wont please him no matter how much he will cry.What he is asking is to destroy pve aspect of the game the same way pvp trolls with same mentality destroyed pvp years ago.

For Starters.. Who is Johara? An I don't see a weekly raid yet this person hosting them when I am on at the "TIME" that I am on. Hmm wonder if that will help you understand.. Theres different time zones. Different amount of stuff going on and not just Euro. Lets not forget the servers were merged some time ago and Not everyone is on the hours you are on. Thanks for calling me the troll, yet your the one whos not thinking all the factors threw, you and those people who don't like this post.
    Should I say more about time differences? Please give it some more thought before you go thinking that everyone is on during these raids and what could really be going on. Maybe those who are actually commenting on it are in the same situation and seeing the same issue.

My post says 04:24... MY time 11:29pm..

So I been asking around about Johara raid, an I guess it doesn't happen my time. Seems nobody but you few know of it. AN a mate said most of you who troll this post are TS and believe you are EU time. So I guess I'm correct on time.

Everyone is so scared of this.. yet all this is toward content that needs a sub to access.. As Mention if done right. It could be a huge help to this game. You guys think this is free gear.. AN will make raids die. But if this is free gear.. People have to buy a sub to get it.
    overall that's money. AN hope that Funcom puts it toward Age of Conan. I'm just not sure if anyone has remembered the game isn't free. Yah for those who are left it and sub'd already. But if it brings back players.. They are going to see this and see it as a incentive and are more likely to sub. Some of the players have been subjected to sitting and watch their money just waste away. We need them as much as we need new players.
    Last edited by Kellisia; 11th January 2016 at 15:25.

I did not read all the pages of this thread...but would adding khitai rares to t3.5 plus raids help? Putting more gear drops on the t3.5/4/5 raids might open up more pugs...which would increase the chance for the less raid oriented players to get into raids.

Maybe even put one on Toth drops. Not for every boss in t3, but the top two?

More pug interest means more pugs get the higher end gear

Quote Originally Posted by Kellisia View Post
    For Starters.. Who is Johara? An I don't see a weekly raid yet this person hosting them when I am on at the "TIME" that I am on. Hmm wonder if that will help you understand.. Theres different time zones. Different amount of stuff going on and not just Euro. Lets not forget the servers were merged some time ago and Not everyone is on the hours you are on. Thanks for calling me the troll, yet your the one whos not thinking all the factors threw, you and those people who don't like this post.
    Should I say more about time differences? Please give it some more thought before you go thinking that everyone is on during these raids and what could really be going on. Maybe those who are actually commenting on it are in the same situation and seeing the same issue.

My post says 04:24... MY time 11:29..

So I been asking around about Johara raid, an I guess it doesn't happen my time. Seems nobody but you few know of it. AN a mate said most of you who troll this post are TS and believe you are EU time. So I guess I'm correct on time.

Everyone is so scared of this.. yet all this is toward content that needs a sub to access.. As Mention if done right. It could be a huge help to this game. You guys think this is free gear.. AN will make raids die. But if this is free gear.. People have to buy a sub to get it.
    overall that's money. AN hope that Funcom puts it toward Age of Conan. I'm just not sure if anyone has remembered the game isn't free. Yah for those who are left it and sub'd already. But if it brings back players.. They going to see this and see it as a incentive and are more likely to sub. Some of the players have be subjected to sitting and watch their money just waste away. We need them as much as we need new players.
    My last post in this thread, if fc wants to kill the game and enrage the raiders, then this is the perfect way, if not, dont urinate on the most loyal subscribers.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast