Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Player Returning - questions

Default Old Player Returning - questions

How is the population these days? I quit playing back in 2010, and even back then it was starting to feel pretty dead. I cant even remember which server I was on. For some reason it somehow seems I had different toons on different servers? How is the Demonologist class doing? What about Necros?

Quote Originally Posted by Reapzz View Post
    Haha, as dead as ever I see.
    Well the fact is, a thread of this exact question is asked about every single week.

Probably people are getting tired of repeating the same answer.

Crom - pve is the only active server. Rage and Fury, the pvp servers are very low.

As far as necro/demo, they are mages and probably 2 of the easiest classes to play.

Only thing else I can say is, give the game a try and if you like it, buy a sub. If you don't, uninstall.

And next week someone else will ask the same question.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

As the guy above me said.. Try it if you don't like uninstall. the 2010 content is pretty much Free so yah give it a shot if you want to go any further sub.
    There are a few mini packs you can buy also if you sub.

Most the classes have had a revamp to them. But pretty much the same game. once you accomplish a few things all that left is raiding. Guild Raid (if you can get in)
    Or from Pugs which most people still dread because success could take you 4 hours.

But yah, give it a try.. They just dumbed down the Certain raids. Plenty of good ups in the shop and the packs.

I checked in yesterday for the first time in years and it was a lot busier than I expected... still quiet of course compared to how it was years ago... a little saddening but it was still encouraging too. It was the people that used to make the experience though, Tarantia really used to feel alive... not just like a lobby that people pass through. I might come back for a while...

I've never even been to Turan... I think finding a good guild will be key...

Yeah I logged in and was on my lvl 80 demonologist on Crom. Seemed stone dead..no one replied in general chat..just a couple people talking among themselves. Felt kinda weird and sad seeing it that way lol. Going to uninstall and hope they develop another similar but better Conan game soon. Seems all mmos are dead/dying/suck these days.

Yeah I logged in and was on my lvl 80 demonologist on Crom. Seemed stone dead..no one replied in general chat..just a couple people talking among themselves. Felt kinda weird and sad seeing it that way lol. Going to uninstall and hope they develop another similar but better Conan game soon. Seems all mmos are dead/dying/suck these days.
    Crom is usually a bit more lively than that. Could be you just logged in at a bad time.

One problem for all MMOs these days is that there are just so many of them. Used to be that MMO players were spread out over maybe half a dozen different games but now it is more like fifty different games - and then there are other online gametypes like MOBAs. This means that even if the total number of players have grown, the playerbase for each game has shrunk - leading to a perception that MMOs are dying.

Actually I was quite pleasantly surprised when I logged in on Crom last night and this morning, although all the chat that used to go in Global was in New Player Help now, and there were certainly a lot of people running about in Khemi... I've seen it a lot quieter... anyone remember 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    Crom is usually a bit more lively than that. Could be you just logged in at a bad time.
    I am getting the feeling it has been a bad time since 2005...Its not a problem of AoC but of MMOS in general. People just dont want other players in their MMOs any more. Ether they just do their horrorble PvP thing (I am sorry I understand that many players like that a lot but I dont) or they just want to advance to max level and get equipment.

I would love to play and socialize. I would love to play in a group just to share the adventure. I would love to talk to each other through some VOIP while playing. But I get the feeling most players have no interest in that. And god forbid that you are not max level, or you have a dumb character build so you might actually have a hard time in some areas. In that case you end up on your knees in the area chat for hours, sometimes with no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrapta View Post

I would love to play and socialize. I would love to play in a group just to share the adventure. I would love to talk to each other through some VOIP while playing.
    Stop lamenting and just do it . Join a guild maybe.
    What you say is like starving because there is no cooked meal wandering straight into your mouth by itself
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast