Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – August 2013

Maybe that race would make sense as a trap to the exploiters and cheaters, if constantly checked by gms and tools and giving permaban if proven guilty...

But then again...a cheaper thing than fixing at least a few of the general pvp problems???

@Chillee: Yes, having charbound rewards on a char that will be stuck for a couple of more months on a B&G server, will not suffice for the majority i guess.

For the merge, might i suggest that before the merge you globaly cancel all pending gold mail if possible and return to sender. This will at least stop lost gold. You cannot cancel a gold send sadly.

Also for the rewards for this great race event, are those rewards only available to the character on the BnG server? If so then I cant see why a lot of people would bother as it will be on a toon they will seldom play. Now if you made it a good item that was /claim on any toon. Then there might be incentive for some to roll on BnG.
    Last edited by Vaere; 5th September 2013 at 13:13.

Lol another newsletter full of nothing.Still no dates on mergers or when these unchained minigames will be implemented and lol @rolling a new toon and seeing who can get to 80 the fastest as new pvp content is more fail. We don't need to roll new toons for a race. Make our pvp weapons and armor better for pvp than any Pve gear and give us new minigame maps. Its so freakin simple. Stop feeding us junk as new content or you will lose even more of what's left of this small faithful population.
    Nojoda pvp 10 Barb
    Pooba pvp 10 Pom
    Elosso pvp 10 BS
    Kotech pvp 10 DT
    Deeky pvp 8 Necro
    Beefstikk pvp 10 Guard
    Beefchief pvp 10 Conq
    Denoid pvp 8 Ranger
    Mousecop pvp 9 Hox

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    +1

As far as I'm concerned thats a very below average letter.

The Hyborian race, not quite what I was expecting for the B&G ruleset. I will not be partaking, dont want to make another character, I have too many already. I was hoping for some NEW game systems, instead its the same content rebranded with "Hyborian race". I'm sure nearly all vets let out a huge sigh and did either a single or double facepalm at Funcom. Getting us to roll another character on yet another server... Shame.

1.Can you give us news on the merge? Date/Times, the letter didnt tell us anything new at all.
    2.Can you give us news on crafting revamp? Date/Times eta?
    3.Can you give us any real information because this letter is lacking in fact and intention.
    4.Can you tell us definitively what EXACTLY are your short term and long term plans for pvp. No more messing about now, we waited too long already. Because if you have no plans tell us so we can fvck off to another game. And if you have plans but dont tell us until you put it on testlive then regardless of if its crap or not we all know it will be pushed to live. So start talking now, it will only benefit you in the end.
    Lol first of all at the implication that I am somehow hiding information. I have been as upfront with you guys as it is possible to be, without making things up just to "have something to say".

1. http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...6&postcount=47
    2. No. I'd be talking about my hopes if I gave even a tentative estimate and then people would make it a promise.
    3. Yeah, sure. I'll make sure next letter I stop adding "false information".
    4. You have been told. Multiple times. Minigame in Dragonspine, Unchained Minigames. Great Hyborian Race. General fixes as we have time and see fit. That you expect more is fine, but that is what we have on our worklist.

You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

I am telling you the state of development and the plans for development.

This is very very dissapointing. What about a screenshot from new minigame map? what about a teaser from the palace of cetriss raid?
    what about Crafting? This is letter contains nothing of value as usual, and is just another proof that TSW gets most of the resources, and we are left with nothing.

So the merge is most likely weeks away still? Any chance you could open transfers again before that? I will gladly pay

BTW, what happened to the slithering chaos dungeon in Dragon spine? you didnt mention it at all? will it be realesed in 2013?

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    BTW, what happened to the slithering chaos dungeon in Dragon spine? you didnt mention it at all? will it be realesed in 2013?
    Yes it is still scheduled for 2013. I also thought I mentioned it in my original letter...hmmm. In any case, the animation work it was waiting on is done and it is in the development queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post

You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

I am telling you the state of development and the plans for development.
    I know you can tell whatever you want because you are a God of the forum and I respect that but please I beg you that dont invite people to leave the game if you are not prepared tu refund the months of sub they could allready had paid.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Unchained PvP is the new minigame mode that I have mentioned in the past where we are aiming to even out the stats for all classes and make skill be the deciding factor over gear
    Does it mean there will be a class rebalance (nerfs/ups) before Unchained Minigame comes ?

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast