Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG EVENT in Conan on MAY 23 [Title edit Drest]

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Is the kraken dropping t2 gear? Or still just T1?

Yes, this slows your instance down, but the game has needed this sort of thing for a while.
    Idea itself is great and really great to see so many players gathering up.. feels like years since ive seen so many people bunched up. Unfortunately one time for me is enough. Too much waiting and reward is bottles of booze or some other pots.. rarely some T1 stuff. I know its not about loot but still...

I have seen not one unjustified qq regarding the bosses so far. So ignore at your own loss.

If we had more stuff like this the expectations would be lesser (as well as the fear of missing out on something temporary and unique) and the knowledge how they are triggered, how long you wait, what to do etc. would be better too.

So making this a weekly thing (permanent addition will just make khemi or other zones unplayable, but these pve things might spawn in any reclusive area throughout hyboria) might not be such a bad idea (especially when the engine gets optimized). You can even add quests like that or loot back to the epic bosses in the resource areas (altars that spawn epic waves, epic demon boss, epic horsedemon boss in poitan etc.). Agree with Scythie on the need for more random things definitely. Just please make them more transparent and in a way no people get left out and every player has a chance to experience them sooner or later.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th May 2013 at 17:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I have seen not one unjustified qq regarding the bosses so far. So ignore at your own loss.

If we had more stuff like this the expectations would be lesser (as well as the fear of missing out on something temporary and unique) and the knowledge how they are triggered, how long you wait, what to do etc. would be better too.

So making this a weekly thing (permanent addition will just make khemi or other zones unplayable, but these pve things might spawn in any reclusive area throughout hyboria) might not be such a bad idea (especially when the engine gets optimized). You can even add quests like that or loot back to the epic bosses in the resource areas (altars that spawn epic waves, epic demon boss, epic horsedemon boss in poitan etc.).
    So what you are saying is that because something cool happened the thing deserves QQ because it hasn't happened before? Come on!
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

That was not what i said. I was saying letting people wait for hours and then crash as well as giving random loot only for a celebration was NOT cool and avoidable besides. Are you saying something is cool because it never happened before? I doubt that. Otherwise "cool" is purely subjective. Consider yourself lucky your experience seemed a lot better than mine so far (and i mean this without grudge! )!

For me it was not very impressive so far, because giving no ingame hint or announcement on global shows a certain lack of respect to players real life schedule and time.
    Making only random loot shows that they expect people to repeat killing the bosses...but then again it might be something at the end of the event chain...so i am not really complaining here (yet).

Also from the feedback in my raid and on global i was not the only one with that opinion and lag. So saying all these peope are "qqing" shows another level of disrespect.

It might be nice to see something new and figure out things that are new ...but there is a limit to that, when the excitement turns into disappointment (like after hours of waiting, crashing while trying to zone because someone said "there is a boss" (when not waiting), missing the whole fight and tactics because of lag, getting griefed on a pvp server, because big guilds already "claimed" the bosses on farm status). This might not be so harsh, IF you could postphone it to a time when you are in a better mood, have more time and friends available etc.. But this is supposed to be a timed event for a few days only.

And yes, both dragon and kraken spawned today.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th May 2013 at 17:59.

That was not what i said. I was saying letting people wait for hours and then crash as well as giving random loot only for a celebration was NOT cool and avoidable besides.

Because giving no ingame hint or announcement on global shows a certain lack of respect to players real life schedule and time.
    Making only random loot shows that they expect people to repeat killing the bosses...but then again it might be something at the end of the event chain...so i am not really complaining here.

Also from the feedback in my raid and on global i was not the only one with that opinion and lag. So saying all these peope are "qqing" shows another level of disrespect.

It might be nice to see something new and figure out things that are new ...but there is a limit to that, when the excitement turns into disappointment (like after hours of waiting, crashing while trying to zone because someone said "there is a boss" (when not waiting), missing the whole fight and tactics because of lag, getting griefed on a pvp server, because big guilds already "claimed" the bosses on farm status).

Btw we are waiting on Rage server already 40 min for dragon to come :P

For once cryers are right. Putting this sort of event in a hub must be among the dumbest thoughts ever thought. Game can't handle such crowds and hubs allow far too many players in without spawning more instances. Noble District was all right, but the higher number of players allowed and the lower number of instances means this Kraken business is a piece of ****.

That was not what i said. I was saying letting people wait for hours and then crash as well as giving random loot only for a celebration was NOT cool and avoidable besides.

Because giving no ingame hint or announcement on global shows a certain lack of respect to players real life schedule and time.
    Making only random loot shows that they expect people to repeat killing the bosses...but then again it might be something at the end of the event chain...so i am not really complaining here.

It might be nice to see something new and figure out things that are new ...but there is a limit to that, when the excitement turns into disappointment (like after hours of waiting, crashing while trying to zone because someone said "there is a boss" (when not waiting), missing the whole fight and tactics because of lag, getting griefed on a pvp server, because big guilds already "claimed" the bosses on farm status).

Well it is the first time any of this happened. It is great and my hope is that it will be made a permanent thing. And what do you expect on a PvP server? This is a PvE event and hence a lot of targets for gankers.

So rather than only focusing on what is wrong always, maybe put on your dancing shoes and fire some bottlerockets at the Kraken.

It'is there for a fun out of the ordinary thing. And by golly, it is bringing people together and the dragon and Kraken is getting killed so problemize all you want, but for me i am hoping this is an indication of a more involved and creative game director.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

I'm happy for those who enjoy the event, I spent 1h yesterday watching paint dry then another 1h today, not seen a boss yet. I've given up personally and doing something else for the weekend.

Personally I would have liked to see new rare trophy rewards and double AA weekend instead as that would get players to play the game instead of hanging around in hubs.

Bit hard to accept that so much dev time went into this just for a 1 time thing, when we've waited 5 months for a simple add fix on the newest dungeon in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by paulson View Post
    I'm happy for those who enjoy the event, I spent 1h yesterday watching paint dry then another 1h today, not seen a boss yet. I've given up personally and doing something else for the weekend.

Personally I would have liked to see new rare trophy rewards and double AA weekend instead as that would get players to play the game instead of hanging around in hubs.

Bit hard to accept that so much dev time went into this just for a 1 time thing, when we've waited 5 months for a simple add fix on the newest dungeon in the game.
    fc has a hard time making everyone happy