Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Faction Armor Purchasable

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    I can add HoX BB belt to the list...

But I disagree with you...I believe the reason people are complaining they dont have these items is simple. Those dungeons are a little bit harder than the usual flame/vortex/palace noob farm run.

So ppl pls dont be lazy and do some more challenging HMs
    it's not always true.... for example, i still miss the tiger's shoulders for my main, and they drop in flame....
    now, i have done that instance so many times that i lost count looong ago.... still, no luck....
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

I don't think this should happen. 6 mans are most of what keeps Khitai going right now. Otherwise people would grind faction and then just HoC all day long.

The solution is perhaps in looking at the less popular 6 mans and making them more worthwhile for all classes. Maybe have them drop more insignias, rares or moas. Maybe some 6mans need to be made slightly easier.

Lately I've been doing Ai district with guild mates. It's not at all popular with pug's. I find it to be fun and challenging but you need good gear and AA's to do it, high critigation and protection. At the end you get purple pants same as yag. However to do yag you don't need to have the best gear and AA's. By the time you can do Ai, you no longer need the reward because you should already have it.

Take a look at coppice. It's right next door to Vortex and RoF, it's so conveniently placed but I have never heard anyone say "Hey let's do Coppice, it's right here", instead everyone gets on their mounts and rides halfway across the country to do Palace. I think there is a problem with that.

People like variety and if you are just doing the same four 6mans over and over it gets boring.

the problem of Ai is that it offers just the same rewards as another (easier) instance, so people preferes to take the easy path...
    while for example there are a lot more groups going to ardashir, that is more or less at the same difficulty level of Ai, but offers some unique rewards...

probably Ai would be a lot more appealing if the fat lady had a chance to drop a ring with the same budget of Soulbearer...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Starting a sin today, which gear should I give up hope of getting. Seems most comes from dungeons that I already do but which piece rarely drops?

I disagree with items being purchasable. There should be always something attainable through group quests.

For vanity purposes (stripped of all power), they could be sold for a few rares and gold.

Yawgmoth, we often do Ai runs for the crazy rewards in a short period of time. 7-9 rare relics, cloak, pants, and 50 silver. It is a great and often visited instance.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

pp, dont go to jade duggout or pagoda HM...
    each time i ask someone to go there and try it, after 1 simple wipe, everyone flees!!!!

why do they flee!? i think i know why - because they want easy stuff very quickly!!!

so, want that missing gear part?? start learning and playing the TRUE HM dungeons for it and leave the flame/vortex/palace shitty runs already if your good enough for the others, gear wise, because 90% of skills are learned by leveling - oh you offline leleved a char? - too bad for you!!!

funcom already gave players the legs to buy (dropped on enigmata of yag), and i only agree with that approach because there are too many different types of legs to drop from one single box, thus the apparent "unlucky" drop rates, if they simply changed the loot to be boss specific (3 bosses in enigmata) that problem would disappear a bit, but still everyone always goes for the easily fight against SPAWN boss then cry out to get the gear - as said and say it again, stop whining to get gear the easy way and start learning to do some real HM

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    For vanity purposes (stripped of all power), they could be sold for a few rares and gold.
    agreed, for vanity its a good way to spend additional rares, even when we have full gear set already but like the other faction style and so on, and it gives yet another reason to do group dungeons, both power armor and rares to buy vanity and the power ones that are there ONLY (not full set)

P.S.: need tactics for dungeons (pagoda, jade), just ask, i will gladly write them!!! (ai and tianan, cynara blog as them)
    Last edited by UnknownSoldier; 29th March 2013 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    pp, dont go to jade duggout or pagoda HM...
    each time i ask someone to go there and try it, after 1 simple wipe, everyone flees!!!!

why do they flee!? i think i know why - because they want easy stuff very quickly!!!

so, want that missing gear part?? start learning and playing the TRUE HM dungeons for it and leave the flame/vortex/palace shitty runs already if your good enough for the others, gear wise, because 90% of skills are learned by leveling - oh you offline leleved a char? - too bad for you!!!
    Actually you would be very mistaken with that answer for a lot of people. Take me for example over 2 1/2 years of doing one of the easiest dungeons out there Palace I have yet to see the BB belt drop and it's the only piece I need. So after grinding for over 2 1/2 years of the belt I'm supposed to just keep on grinding for the thing? Not a dang chance it's high time the sets were made purchasable via rares/moas.

Quote Originally Posted by TBird69 View Post
    Actually you would be very mistaken with that answer for a lot of people. Take me for example over 2 1/2 years of doing one of the easiest dungeons out there Palace I have yet to see the BB belt drop and it's the only piece I need. So after grinding for over 2 1/2 years of the belt I'm supposed to just keep on grinding for the thing? Not a dang chance it's high time the sets were made purchasable via rares/moas.
    i understand your point!!! and according to AOC>TV web site (where everyone goes to check where to go farm gear):
    - the barb and hox belt drops in jade dugout (never seen it drop)
    - the demo/necro drops in palace (never seen it drop)
    - the sin drops in malice (confirmed cause ive seen it several times)

but, to tell you the truth i dont follow that web site with 100% certain it is correct, not because the site has flaws or is not good (actually is very good), its because funcom does a lot of ninja changes (well known fact) and the site owner might not know of them all (it happened in the past with loots from coppice starting to show up on other easier dungeons)

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    i understand your point!!! and according to AOC>TV web site (where everyone goes to check where to go farm gear):
    - the barb and hox belt drops in jade dugout (never seen it drop)
    - the demo/necro drops in palace (never seen it drop)
    - the sin drops in malice (confirmed cause ive seen it several times)

but, to tell you the truth i dont follow that web site with 100% certain it is correct, not because the site has flaws or is not good (actually is very good), its because funcom does a lot of ninja changes (well known fact) and the site owner might not know of them all (it happened in the past with loots from coppice starting to show up on other easier dungeons)
    In my case I know it drops in there I have plenty of friends who have gotten it I've just never seen it drop.

I have geared up more toons than I care to admit. Every single toons is full faction(s) geared. The item you seek WILL drop at some point. It's about focus and patience. Even if it where to drop at first run, you still need to grind 400 rares for the other 2 pieces to buy. And even if you grind more than 600 rares and it still doesn't drop, you still need tons of rares anyway. My issue is the single dungeon which is _never_ done in PuG and rarely done by guilds: The Jade Dugout. This instance isn't particularly difficult. The setting requires VoIP communication to be succesfully done, also the only item of value here is the HoX item. Every other piece is not sought by any classes. Hence no tank wants to tank, no healer cares to heal, no other dps bothers doing this. The loot here could easily be redistributed to other dungeons, or the dungeon could actually get some of the more tasty loot (tiger's, blade's etc).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast