Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: tali tanking

Quote Originally Posted by sardanapal View Post
    no i just feel sad what this class has become,you just spam 2-3 combos rest is taken care for you in the background,i dont think is so difficult for you to understand this
    Agree

/10char
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

I went into a Wing 1 raid for fun with my Tali Dread build and tanked pretty much the entire thing in no stance. And my gear is less than stellar. Khitai Purples and Blues mix matched. blue sword and tali. I think I'm only a 13% crit chance with 240ish dps and 300ish magic damage, so I can only imagine what you guys are able to do with gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

I think that DT so far is the only class that I've played where I can parse for 1400 one straw man, then 1600-1700 on the next one without changing anything. My spec is mostly desecration with stone/iron skin maxed for tanking, cunning deflection blah blah blah...
    Is the variable dps my fault? or...

well it depends how long your parse is.

Alot of the dps comes from random procs and random crits.

Sometimes you can get the +125% crit bonus then get a big string of crits after while the buffs is going which would drastically increase your dps, and sometimes you just don't get it.

Are you guys tali tanking melee bosses and mobs mostly or casters too? How do you stand up to bosses in protection needy fights? I'm at a place now where I don't have enough protection gear in standard sword/board tank mode to be a viable main tank.

Thoughts? I'm at 50% mitigation with current gear and about 35% magic protection. If I can tali tank both melee and caster and forget about protection gear, that will save me a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeco View Post
    Are you guys tali tanking melee bosses and mobs mostly or casters too? How do you stand up to bosses in protection needy fights? I'm at a place now where I don't have enough protection gear in standard sword/board tank mode to be a viable main tank.

Thoughts? I'm at 50% mitigation with current gear and about 35% magic protection. If I can tali tank both melee and caster and forget about protection gear, that will save me a lot of time.
    Well to tank magic bosses you need protection also in tali spec..

Anyway a viable tali spec for protection fights that works decently for me is something like this:

http://goo.gl/VzOQlS

For T4 you probably need all the points in Iron Skin (I use it like that).
    Highly reccomended the Sepulcher tali.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Well to tank magic bosses you need protection also in tali spec..

Anyway a viable tali spec for protection fights that works decently for me is something like this:

http://goo.gl/VzOQlS

For T4 you probably need all the points in Iron Skin (I use it like that).
    Highly reccomended the Sepulcher tali.
    Hum... Do you really think that "Improved Defensive Stance" is really efficient? (I'm asking just because I'm not sure... not to criticize...)

Quote Originally Posted by Khyziss View Post
    Hum... Do you really think that "Improved Defensive Stance" is really efficient? (I'm asking just because I'm not sure... not to criticize...)
    For me its a must. You loose a lot of mitigation without a shield and Improved Defensive Stance is compensating for that.
    Its just sweet to get 55+% with tali. You can also try to tank in nonstance if u can get 50+% with it, its really fun
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Khyziss View Post
    Yes, it is very efficient.

But the correct answer is: if you need to spec it or not, it depends on mitigation threshold of the fight you have to tank, and on your gear.

Basics: damage you take is not a linear function of your mitigation.
    Each boss fight has a "mitigation threshold": if your mitigation is below the threshold, you take significantly more damage than expected by the mitigation %, so it is very important that your gear / spec meets at least the mitigation threshold (more mitigation is not strictly needed, it's usually better trade-off the extra mitigation for more DPS).

In T4 mitigation is a value around 54% (not exactly sure, I still have to check some stuff and tune spec accordingly). In HM 6men dungeons around 50%.

So for T4 you almost need Improved Defensive Stance fully feated, for other instances.. it depends.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast