Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: steam players

I was running around Tesso doing something with a buddy and it had about 20 or 30 people there..... That's the first time I have seen that since 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

something had better change to retain these players, otherwise they will be lost

Its definetly a pop increase, I was always conscious of finding another player in the game because it was like discovering an exotic animal... but now the game is bloated with newbies ... there is probably more newbs looking for lowbie dungeons then their are groups looking for high end content.

However, this is going to last maybe a couple of months until they all leave. Funcom must capitalize now...

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    something had better change to retain these players, otherwise they will be lost
    We stayed for 3 years. Just another round of rubes like us.

Adding the game to the Steam collection really was a great idea. It was what made me come back to AoC.

I'm really hoping for more players and I'm already suggesting the game (again). The f2p option really is good for people who just want to try it out and truth be told didn't we all fall in love with AoC when we first enjoyed Tortage?

Loving AoC only got harder after 20+ for me but as far as I see now, Funcom really improved the 20+ content.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Selescion View Post
    Adding the game to the Steam collection really was a great idea. It was what made me come back to AoC.

I'm really hoping for more players and I'm already suggesting the game (again). The f2p option really is good for people who just want to try it out and truth be told didn't we all fall in love with AoC when we first enjoyed Tortage?

Loving AoC only got harder after 20+ for me but as far as I see now, Funcom really improved the 20+ content.

Cheers!
    I wandered back of my own volition a few months before Steam, but this is still how I feel too.

Can't beat AoC's maturity, combat, zones. (Oh, and HoXes.)

And the new leveling content and Khitai retuning really has made my eight months back so far the best of my 3+ years.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NavinRJohnson View Post
    We stayed for 3 years. Just another round of rubes like us.
    a 99% attrition rate is not something I'd strive for.

i guess you could call me a steam player even tho i dont have steam dled on this comp atm i just have known about aoc for along time and finally have given it a try. Ive gotten to 54 now and have subbed, but id say for you vets it would be best to use lower lvls toons to help lowbies with dungeons because I for one do not like being ran through things not gaining an ounce of practice with my toon. Im sure there is some who enjoy being run through stuff but at the same time ive been trying to get groups for several different dungeons to no avail. I think this has to do with lvl 80s running everyone through stuff leaving pple who want to do 6 man stuff pre 80 in the dark.

Most will prolly not agree with me but i do believe to get these new players to stay, its guna take alot of patience and help from the vets and even the higher lvls toons whom are are not quite 80. I for one have already went back and helped pple in the lower lvl zones do things they cant.Also the nph chat is wonderful if pple dont troll it.

Quote Originally Posted by thecanadian99 View Post
    i guess you could call me a steam player even tho i dont have steam dled on this comp atm i just have known about aoc for along time and finally have given it a try. Ive gotten to 54 now and have subbed, but id say for you vets it would be best to use lower lvls toons to help lowbies with dungeons because I for one do not like being ran through things not gaining an ounce of practice with my toon. Im sure there is some who enjoy being run through stuff but at the same time ive been trying to get groups for several different dungeons to no avail. I think this has to do with lvl 80s running everyone through stuff leaving pple who want to do 6 man stuff pre 80 in the dark.

Most will prolly not agree with me but i do believe to get these new players to stay, its guna take alot of patience and help from the vets and even the higher lvls toons whom are are not quite 80. I for one have already went back and helped pple in the lower lvl zones do things they cant.Also the nph chat is wonderful if pple dont troll it.
    ur server?

I took a look on YouTube to see if any new interesting videos had been posted recently on AoC. I filtered my search to include just this week.
    I only watched a few but it looked like there were a lot more steam players giving their reviews/thoughts/feedback/etc..
    Again, I only watched a few and 1 guy liked it and 1 guy didn't, and the other video was a nice how to install a custom ui video.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast