Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE adjust Stall the Advance in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by TwinBoss View Post
    To hard to do 3 white hits it seems.Rotating shields to hard to be seen as well?
    show me how i can do 3 white hits when the guard activates sta while i am midcombo.

Btw, sta is already up and running way before the actual visual can be seen. if you just look for this, you will be doomed.

its just ridiculous defending this bug. its just an pvp problem. in pve it doesnt proc this much (thats not why it produces so much hate). Its absolutely the same bug Cunning deflection had once and this was fixed too. STA is nothing more then Cunning Deflect three times and obviously they used the old cunning deflection code to programm it...

and yes, a pve perk for tanking cant be seriously the best damage tool a guardian can have.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    No
    What u guys want is that every class should fall like a pack of cards infront of ur damage
    U spam Crit and damage and want to kill every class in seconds
    ^ This is y Soldiers depend on retributive damage for survival
    It is not the Guardian killing u but UR OWN DAMAGE
    Most good PVP soldiers do not rely on retributive damage. I've had DT's one shot me because I was debuffed. That's 8k burst, not retributive. Most conqs I know use that BFC or Assail and Charge KB and debuff the hell out of you and then land huge hits. Most guards use that ridiculously long ranged combo and can't be CC'd. The ones who stack retributive get CC'd and ignored because they aren't going to hurt me anyway.

Edited by Arishanya to remove flaming/trolling comments.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 18th March 2013 at 21:06.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    Soldiers r supposed to kill Rogues
    Rogues r the only thing they can kill in AoC
    Attack a healer if u r a Rogue
    A Rogue has no business fighting a Soldier
    If u want to Fight a Guard during StA CC him
    Umm no that's not true.

Soldiers can kill any class in PvP and rogues can kill soldiers (Facepoker melted my guard when I had the flag one mini game... he did apologize in advance though lol), it's no longer a rock paper scissors game, sure some players are harder to kill than others same goes for classes but generally speaking if they are hard to kill then they are hard to kill for most classes attacking them the days of soldier duels lasting for hours and needing toilet breaks are over (I've left fights that are going to be like that on my guard), check out you tube and see how quickly carnage conqs are able to burst down another carnage conq I think it was Samael that posted several duels showing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    Umm no that's not true.

Soldiers can kill any class in PvP and rogues can kill soldiers (Facepoker melted my guard when I had the flag one mini game... he did apologize in advance though lol), it's no longer a rock paper scissors game, sure some players are harder to kill than others same goes for classes but generally speaking if they are hard to kill then they are hard to kill for most classes attacking them the days of soldier duels lasting for hours and needing toilet breaks are over (I've left fights that are going to be like that on my guard), check out you tube and see how quickly carnage conqs are able to burst down another carnage conq I think it was Samael that posted several duels showing that.
    Facepoker melting you had more to do with AA and gear capping than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    Facepoker melting you had more to do with AA and gear capping than anything.
    agreed, i watched his vids and his tankability and dps is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    soldier duels lasting for hours and needing toilet breaks are over
    today i dueled a keyboard turning DT, he didnt land a combo yet essencially won, his defensive protections are just to much to handle, i could only imagine DT vs DT

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    today i dueled a keyboard turning DT, he didnt land a combo yet essencially won, his defensive protections are just to much to handle, i could only imagine DT vs DT
    Valkiyre or whatever? Not many DT's still spec like that, and when they do, they have zero damage. She literally does more damage from the defensive procs than her actual damage, and even the defensive procs take forever to kill anything. Not OP unless you're dueling, which this game's balance is not built around.

im playing sin and agaist guards that use STA its just first TW = 200 dmg wait 2sec do FH = 200dmg then snapkick 200x2 i think and sta gone and full nuke cant be that hard.. ppl just should watch buffs more carefuly. Removing STA from guards makes them alot worse in pvp what they are now.. it might be op but every other class has enough op skills

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    agreed, i watched his vids and his tankability and dps is ridiculous
    I have no tankability. I get away a lot because I time cooldowns or just get lucky. A good portion of the time I don't get up from a KB. I have like 7900? hp. Giving up all that hp/survivability for the burst I have is a decision I made with gear/spec, but it's not worth it compared to the hp/survivability/burst of tanks like dt or carnage conq or even a guard with counterweight and good gear. That's all a discussion for another topic though, this is about STA.

I will agree with spaartacus that it is not "gamebreaking" but it is VERY annoying and combined with good gear and a smart guardian, it is very close. They can sit in frenzy with the extra deflection and extra retributive damage while STA is up and can 2-3 shot my sin while I have to kite around white hitting, nearly impossible to avoid their giant polearm range. If what Zatochi said is true then that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by spunq View Post
    im playing sin and agaist guards that use STA its just first TW = 200 dmg wait 2sec do FH = 200dmg then snapkick 200x2 i think and sta gone and full nuke cant be that hard.. ppl just should watch buffs more carefuly. Removing STA from guards makes them alot worse in pvp what they are now.. it might be op but every other class has enough op skills
    You have no smart guards that will pop sta middle of your combo to give you 3k damage? And continue to hit you for 2-4k damage in frenzy while you wait to remove their shield? Then usually have last stand up after that for 5+ more sec of immunity all while still doing combos/cc's on you?

edit - its very easy to get away from a guard too, yes I realize, but if you are trying to burn flag carrier that is not always an option.
    Last edited by Fuzzyy; 19th March 2013 at 07:43.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast