Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello, Funcom Great Job

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    And some one PLEASE fix Thunder River. Why is everything an epic boss requiring a 6man group? Such a wasted zone. It's not as if all the running around was enough to piss people off already, you have to have Lunn the Warmaster, Zeno and the Croc a 6man quest for 60's to complete achievements.
    Funcom success there is to give you enough incentive to do content that pisses you off in a video game because and solely because of the reward. It's like a bad wifey or hubby, you don't dare to quit because of what could be in your mind but will never be in reality, to the point your only happiness is in a dream or aoc 2.0 heheh.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobody View Post
    Funcom success there is to give you enough incentive to do content that pisses you off in a video game because and solely because of the reward. It's like a bad wifey or hubby, you don't dare to quit because of what could be in your mind but will never be in reality, to the point your only happiness is in a dream or aoc 2.0 heheh.
    Regardless, TR, and most zones for that matters but mostly TR, could use a once-over revamp. The 6 manning of L68 bosses in the world maps is already ridiculous and then the insult comes from having them as achieves you can't obtain as a levelling player.

And I'm still not getting my toons who are on separate servers register as L80 account wide.

I should start a toon afresh and just log everything. The list is phenomonal., and most are easy fixes.
    Last edited by stiiixy; 1st December 2016 at 00:46.

This is because the reward for Achievements sucks.

Just look at the RF and Chaos. People done them over and over again
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    This is because the reward for Achievements sucks.

Just look at the RF and Chaos. People done them over and over again
    Rewards for achievement sucked but when they came up me and my friends in game had the best fun spending countless of hours every day for weeks doing the time trials to be first with the title without exploiting any dungeons like Ai for example. On the other hand RF and the route funcom is following with content for afk players and bots despite having the precious rewards, made a nice amount of us quit and just logging to do few guild raids from time to time when needed. Rewards are nothing if a content is fail like RF and content can be enjoyable to some people if it gives you challenge with even meaningless silly rewards showing you can finish it.Some of us werent doing 6 men raids or 2-3 man dungeons or silly setups on dungeons and raids because the rewards but because of the fun it was bringing.
    Every update after Cirith left the company is a big fail wich even destroying the nice updates Cirith did with revamping the pvp gear !!
    Last edited by zeuss; 30th November 2016 at 15:57.
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    Rewards for achievement sucked but when they came up me and my friends in game had the best fun spending countless of hours every day for weeks doing the time trials to be first with the title without exploiting any dungeons like Ai for example. On the other hand RF and the route funcom is following with content for afk players and bots despite having the precious rewards, made a nice amount of us quit and just logging to do few guild raids from time to time when needed. Rewards are nothing if a content is fail like RF and content can be enjoyable to some people if it gives you challenge with even meaningless silly rewards showing you can finish it.Some of us werent doing 6 men raids or 2-3 man dungeons or silly setups on dungeons and raids because the rewards but because of the fun it was bringing.
    Every update after Cirith left the company is a big fail wich even destroying the nice updates Cirith did with revamping the pvp gear !!
    I still haven't finished purist on my primary account. It just got hard to find people who wanted to do HoEF. Ah well =D

Cirith introduced in the game a lot of nice things. However, he ignored aspect of rewards.
    Although some individuals do not want to admit it, the reward is very important for many players. You not need to look far for evidences ))

I believe that the decent content must be combined with a good reward. Fancom failure is that they produce either a pleasant content with meaningless reward either weak content with high reward. If they improve the reward for the old content, it will certainly give very good results. I am here talking about the Achievement system, Unchained dungeons, PvP Festival, new craft recipes for old dungeons, PvP arena.
    Last edited by Ernests; 1st December 2016 at 09:20.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

We have been giving feedback (on testlive) that they should give the new RF tokens to old content too. No response. They don't even give us a reason to why...

My guess is the RF spamming type of player spend more money in the overpriced shop, so they don't care about anything else. The actual well-being of the game? LEL. Why bother. It's not like tons of players would return if they did a patch purely to redeem mistakes, and fixing annoyances (sarcasm, actually, there is)

Would be cool if someone from FC could talk to us about what's going on? Why should I bother with this anymore? We all love(ed) the game at one point, and would like to keep playing it, but you are ruining it by forcing players into the dreaded raidfinder?

I understand there is a playerbase that like it, and they deserve their content. They deserve rewards too, but handing out exclusive god-tier loot in a raid that has a (exploitable) wipe-buff, and dumbed down mechanics...
    It's just not what an MMO should be about.

Not only that, but those items mess about the PvP too! Right after the stat changes. Nice of you to take piss on all Cirith did. Appreciate it.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 1st December 2016 at 11:59.

I came to the point where regardless of how wrong it is I couldn't care less if FC would gave t6 set and legendary ring on claim right after killing Saddur, if that makes majority of players happy, fine they still won't be any better though.

The problem I see here is that some highly educated and skilled scientist at FC decided to force players into doing the most mind numbing / anti-social content for the best rewards in game, managing to kill every other part of AoC on the way.

AoC is among the best designed MMO worlds, unique, the best classes and combat system but somehow they decided not to promote all the quality stuff it has that sets them apart from other games but rather force everyone into the worst watered down, embarrassing recycled crap such as raid finder.

The intention is clear though, give the best reward and force decent players to carry afkers, trolls, noobs and all other incompetent anti social players that hate improving on the way to their precious loot. That's how Funcom envisions creating social interactions in AoC, isn't that great?
    They are afraid of letting players get Atlantean Shards in any alternative way, because apparently there would be no good players left to carry RF dwellers to their shinny pixels.

But have we all forgotten about the Arena fiasco already?
    Just another short sighted addition that did nothing but destroy more any social activity. It was 'fun' looking at hordes of zombies waiting in queue to solo farm the same pet all over again and get their shinny necklaces. 'Some' players predicted the outcome that once everyone gets their necklace it will be abandoned and forgotten. It was just another way to waste resources and deliver the content that was cheap, unpolished, useless, anti-social with no real reply value. Should I remind you that they literally ignored all the feedback on TL?

It was an opportunity to create some interesting multiplayer experience but instead it ended up being boring solo grind fest with the best rewards.

Regarding RF, many of us gave suggestions to provide alternative ways to get Atlantean shards that would revive 6 mans and normal raids across all tiers, but again it felt like talking to the wall. The most important thing is to maintain RF as the most dominant feature in game at all costs. Who cares about other aspects of the game, guilds, meeting and communicating with other players, doing 6 mans, raids, achievements, challenges...

I can see the pattern here, the worst content gives the best rewards, no alternatives for players that enjoy normal groups and raids. Funcom logic.

AoC in 2016 = rush to lvl 80 (or buy one) >> farm WB to get epics >> farm arena to get the best neck >> farm raid finder to get legendary rings and T4 gear >> go forums and whine how T5 and T6 should be nerfed casue too hard! (the rest of the game is rendered useless)

PvP has been dead for years, but now you can safely say that they destroyed PVE as well.
    Good job, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by ReddsGhost View Post
    I came to the point where regardless of how wrong it is I couldn't care less if FC would gave t6 set and legendary ring on claim right after killing Saddur, if that makes majority of players happy, fine they still won't be any better though.

The problem I see here is that some highly educated and skilled scientist at FC decided to force players into doing the most mind numbing / anti-social content for the best rewards in game, managing to kill every other part of AoC on the way.

AoC is among the best designed MMO worlds, unique, the best classes and combat system but somehow they decided not to promote all the quality stuff it has that sets them apart from other games but rather force everyone into the worst watered down, embarrassing recycled crap such as raid finder.

The intention is clear though, give the best reward and force decent players to carry afkers, trolls, noobs and all other incompetent anti social players that hate improving on the way to their precious loot. That's how Funcom envisions creating social interactions in AoC, isn't that great?
    They are afraid of letting players get Atlantean Shards in any alternative way, because apparently there would be no good players left to carry RF dwellers to their shinny pixels.

But have we all forgotten about the Arena fiasco already?
    Just another short sighted addition that did nothing but destroy more any social activity. It was 'fun' looking at hordes of zombies waiting in queue to solo farm the same pet all over again and get their shinny necklaces. 'Some' players predicted the outcome that once everyone gets their necklace it will be abandoned and forgotten. It was just another way to waste resources and deliver the content that was cheap, unpolished, useless, anti-social with no real reply value. Should I remind you that they literally ignored all the feedback on TL?

It was an opportunity to create some interesting multiplayer experience but instead it ended up being boring solo grind fest with the best rewards.

Regarding RF, many of us gave suggestions to provide alternative ways to get Atlantean shards that would revive 6 mans and normal raids across all tiers, but again it felt like talking to the wall. The most important thing is to maintain RF as the most dominant feature in game at all costs. Who cares about other aspects of the game, guilds, meeting and communicating with other players, doing 6 mans, raids, achievements, challenges...

I can see the pattern here, the worst content gives the best rewards, no alternatives for players that enjoy normal groups and raids. Funcom logic.

AoC in 2016 = rush to lvl 80 (or buy one) >> farm WB to get epics >> farm arena to get the best neck >> farm raid finder to get legendary rings and T4 gear >> go forums and whine how T5 and T6 should be nerfed casue too hard! (the rest of the game is rendered useless)

PvP has been dead for years, but now you can safely say that they destroyed PVE as well.
    Good job, keep it up!
    I agree with Mr.Ghost !

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    I agree with Mr.Ghost !
    Hmm yep. Great summary!
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast