Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Achievements Guides & Resources

Seeing all these coordinates it would be soo helpful having them ingame as marks on the maps.
    And that preferably without having to transfer them manually from web pages and forums post onto the maps ingame.

Btw, these map marks you can make ingame, are saved in XML files per map on your hard drive.
    In order to find out which file belongs to which map just put a mark with the name of the region on each ingame and leave the game.
    Locate the directory where these XML files are (not much harder to do than searching a treasure chest ingame) and view them with notepad or an XML editor.
    The mark you made ingame tells you which regions map marks you are looking at and also shows you how the structure for a mark has to be in the XML file.
    (Of course you make a backup of the files before you edit them so you can rollback, if you busted the XML syntax.)

It is possible, including more or less editing, to copy/paste coordinates plus a meaningful description into these files.
    I tested it a while ago when I was doing the shrines and it works like charm.
    Files can be up- and downloaded .
    Nalianda

Quote Originally Posted by Leif0311 View Post
    Seeing all these coordinates it would be soo helpful having them ingame as marks on the maps.
    And that preferably without having to transfer them manually from web pages and forums post onto the maps ingame.

Btw, these map marks you can make ingame, are saved in XML files per map on your hard drive.
    In order to find out which file belongs to which map just put a mark with the name of the region on each ingame and leave the game.
    Locate the directory where these XML files are (not much harder to do than searching a treasure chest ingame) and view them with notepad or an XML editor.
    The mark you made ingame tells you which regions map marks you are looking at and also shows you how the structure for a mark has to be in the XML file.
    (Of course you make a backup of the files before you edit them so you can rollback, if you busted the XML syntax.)

It is possible, including more or less editing, to copy/paste coordinates plus a meaningful description into these files.
    I tested it a while ago when I was doing the shrines and it works like charm.
    Files can be up- and downloaded .
    I was thinking of making a program that adds/deletes waypoints. How hard can it be to make a program to add a few lines right but I never ended up trying since I have 0 knowledge in programming but hey how hard can it be?
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    I was thinking of making a program that adds/deletes waypoints. How hard can it be to make a program to add a few lines right but I never ended up trying since I have 0 knowledge in programming but hey how hard can it be?
    Not really hard.
    Java for example has built in XML features.

But as the data are already there, some mass copy and paste might be quicker than a program where you have to enter the marks one by one.
    If the data provided in posts and web pages would be in the same format, a simple XSL transformation would do the trick.
    Nalianda

Guild mates found "Sunken Treasure" from "Excavator": City of Tortage (1192, 649)
    Circle of Nine member since 20/10/2010
    Age of Conan player since 15/04/2009
    C9 Officer => http://www.c9-gaming.eu/

ToS FTW! Moar, moar power!

Quote Originally Posted by Leif0311 View Post
    Not really hard.
    Java for example has built in XML features.

But as the data are already there, some mass copy and paste might be quicker than a program where you have to enter the marks one by one.
    If the data provided in posts and web pages would be in the same format, a simple XSL transformation would do the trick.
    I was more thinking having a program with every single waypoint for achviements and all within the program itself. Like first of all you select which account you want to add the waypoints to then you select which waypoints you want to add, for example all Bane of Undead placeholders or all panoramas in x location. It would be faster than a mass copy paste because if you copy paste you first of all need to know which pfnumber each zone has, you need to know how to correct format etc. Ofcourse some have included these in files but it would be idioticproof to have a program with buttons to just click "add xx coords for xx category".

However Im too brainless to figure it out.
    Fass
    {Circle of Eternity}

Default Waypoints

I looked around a bit and found some good old stuff regarding waypoints.

The thing was that in 2008 the maps did not display ressource nodes as they do today.
    So the players made waypoint xml files to download etc.

Here one can find some tools and information: http://tman.be/WP/
    and here too: http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Resource_and_Gathering_Nodes
    Nalianda

boss frog in oasis dragonspine NOT FIXE

key for last chest in adzel NOT FIXE

blessing warrior (quest 11 weapons) NOT FIXE (if you have finish quest since long time)

ty funcom, realy what you fix today ?? ee yes nothing, good.
    " The only matter I do not take seriously, boy, is you.
    Your politics bore me. Your demeanor is that of a pouty child.
    And apparently, you have alienated my favourite game, conan.
    I will honour our agreement fool, if you bring me that i have asked you.
    But if you return to me empty handed again... I will bathe the starways in your blood."

and ther's no patch notes great job!
    Circle of Nine member since 20/10/2010
    Age of Conan player since 15/04/2009
    C9 Officer => http://www.c9-gaming.eu/

ToS FTW! Moar, moar power!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostworld View Post

blessing warrior (quest 11 weapons) NOT FIXE (if you have finish quest since long time)
    If you're referring to The 11 sacred weapons quest it updates when you talk to a chronicler. I updated before the hot fix and after the hotfix (I had checked it in on different toons before and after).
    Last edited by puckstop98; 22nd April 2015 at 15:15. Reason: Bad grammar.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Quote Originally Posted by puckstop98 View Post
    If you're referring to The 11 sacred weapons quest it updates when you talk to a chronicler. I updated before the hot fix and after the hotfix (I had checked it in on different toons before and after).
    Blessed warrior is the final achivement for finishing the quest from the guy in Heaven's Lake. It didnt update for neither my nigro and gaurd. The 11 weapons works fine but the 12th one doesnt.
    Fass
    {Circle of Eternity}

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast