Page 33 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Hey all, thank you all for submitting your feedback and concerns regarding the new item store and the 4.10 update! This is clearly an important matter for a lot of you. Just wanted to make sure you all know we're listening.
    No matter if you ''listening'' or not. Fact is, since you joined aoc as cm, a lot of things goes wrong.. Reminds me of legendary Sill.. >.<

Looking forward to what they have to say. Not like I have high hopes after all this years, but still lets see.

Also, I really pity Odonoptera. He most likely had little to nothing to do with such pricing of itemshop and he is taking the wrath of the community all alone. This can be extremely unpleasant. Hope we can get through this problem without any harm.

Quote Originally Posted by ltburns View Post
    Odon just said on Crom Global that Funcom will reply today on the forum, i look forward to reading this reply...
    I doubt it will make any difference if they reply or not,I can guess from now how it will be.They will try to apologise and say that this fail p2w is good for the upcoming membership change.
    Other than that we are talking to a wall because they just arent going to roll back anything and they will never admit that they have no clue what they are doing.
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by Ingen175 View Post
    Looking forward to what they have to say. Not like I have high hopes after all this years, but still lets see.
    I ll give you a preview since it's so easy to guess !

"Hello,the increased prices on item shop mean simply getting ready for the subscription revamp since it will reward 6x the points every month".Also we will be adding more vanity stuff so stay tuned.This pay2win up to t5 gear will stay though as it gives lucky people with silly amounts of money to spend a chance to catch up to the end game really quickly.We listen to everyone!Thank you for being suckers and keeping your subs or using the shop"."Finally we humbly apologize for breaking the last raid boss in the game in our sincere effort to balance it and fix some issues with the encounter ,expect a hotfix hotfixing the hotfix really soon!"

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    ... QQ ... (:P:P)
    Ye ye, drama queen, you'll be back, as always. We always take a u-turn somewhere down the road

The funniest thing with this thread is that Funcom actually tries to make us believe they care I they had they would have tested not only this junk but all other crap such as Vanaheim on testlive, listened to the comments and not released it. Dear Funcom can't you just pull the plug on AOC instead of killing it slowly as you do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ymnir View Post
    The funniest thing with this thread is that Funcom actually tries to make us believe they care I they had they would have tested not only this junk but all other crap such as Vanaheim on testlive, listened to the comments and not released it. Dear Funcom can't you just pull the plug on AOC instead of killing it slowly as you do now?
    As long as people give them money, they will continue to string whats left.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Ymnir View Post
    Well, some time ago they had a larger team that did care. Unfortunately the players seemed to be too passionate about their characters and the toxicity on these forums surely didn't persuade any of the former devs to stay. Good work, us (playerbase) - including yours truly

Funcom

Hello!

Thanks for all the feedback on the store changes. I wanted to take a moment to answer some concerns you have raised. We will take your feedback into consideration and will incorporate that into future updates. I also wanted to take a few minutes and explain some of the upcoming changes and how the store revamp fits into those. We are trying to make the entire experience of the game better and I feel it will be noticeable once we have introduced the membership changes and added the raid finder.

First up is the membership changes Romain has mentioned in his Game Director’s letter. Since we launched the Unchained version of the game we have had a lot of feedback on the free-to-play version of Age of Conan. We really want to improve the experience for both free to play players and members! One of the biggest complaints is that if you purchase the expansion and drop your membership you can no longer use the expansion. We will be removing the membership requirement to access any of the content that you have purchased. In addition, we are making the Alternate Advancement system accessible to anyone that plays the game. You don’t need to buy the expansion or be a member to gain AA xp or use AA points.

In addition to the above changes members will receive the following bonuses:

• Bonus XP and PvP XP (for normal XP and AA)
    • Free Teleports – Members will receive a stipend of teleport coins each month
    • Increased Token gains from Raids, PvP, and Khitai tokens (excluding rare trophies).
    • Increased Faction gain
    • Purchase AA with time starting at level 20
    • Double rewards from Unchained Caches
    • Members get a free AA point per level gained
    • +7 Characters slots
    • Increased Quest limit size
    • Unlimited gold capacity

Members will also be included in a Loyalty Rewards program. After you have been a member for 30, 60, 90, 180, and 360 days you will receive an exclusive Loyalty item. Additional rewards will be added for every 180 days of membership past 360 days. We will start revealing these rewards in the next few weeks. Finally, we will be lowering the price of the 30 day membership!

We will also be introducing a daily login bonus and daily challenge system that will have free items for everyone (F2P and members). The daily reward bonus can be claimed once a day and includes shop exclusive items like the new shop potions, teleport coins, resurrection potions, gilding tokens and a lot of other great items. The daily challenge system will include a list of challenges that will reward you with similar items to those listed above.

The raid finder will also be launching at the same time that we roll out the membership changes. Each week you will be able to group up with your fellow members and fight through one of nine raid instances (made up of the already existing zones). We will launch with some unique rewards that are only available from this system and will be adding new rewards every few months.

To answer a few of the common questions in this thread:

1) Why did we remove several of the items on the old store?
    The old store had a lot of items on it that were no longer purchased and made it hard for us to gather data on what people wanted to buy. In addition to this a lot of players had a huge surplus of gilding tokens that they were not spending on the current gilding vendor. To solve both problems we moved all of these old shop items onto the in game gilding vendor. With the daily login / challenge system we will be giving out gilding tokens so we want to make sure there are items on the vendor that people want to buy.

2) Why are you selling so much power in the store?
    There are two main reasons for this. The first is that raid participation has been decreasing over the past few years and we were receiving a lot of feedback from new players that they found it hard to get up to the point where they could contribute in the higher Tier raids. We wanted to make it easier for our newer players to catch up with people that had been playing since launch. The second is that we will be releasing the Raid Finder very soon and we want to make sure that the amount of people that participate in that is as big as possible. We have some pretty cool rewards lined up to give out with the Raid Finder so it is important for us that we have a large healthy community participating in it.

3) Why did some of the items in the store increase in price?
    The value of a lot of these items are new and their usefulness has been increased compared to the items in the old store. In addition, we will be giving out most of these items for free in the membership change update.

Andy, Romain and I will be available today and try to answer questions. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done so we can get the rest of this content out to you! We hope you will like everything once all the changes are in. If everything goes well we should have a version of the raid finder on the test server soon!
    Scott 'nophex' Junior
    Live Team Producer
    Funcom, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by nophex View Post
    Hello!

Thanks for all the feedback on the store changes. I wanted to take a moment to answer some concerns you have raised....

Thank you for responding.