Thread: Red Lotus Grand Auction!

Default Red Lotus Grand Auction!

The Red Lotus trading company is proud to announce its very first grand auction, to be held this Saturday at the Sailor's Den in Tarantia, at 1 AM GMT / 9 PM EDT / 6 PM PDT! For offer will be gear of excellent blue quality for those exploring the world, fine silks and metals for those seeking to craft goods, crafted material for those who are seeking to put their craftsmanship on display, and more! Food and drinks will be served as well, and after the auction, an evening of dining and discussion will be had! All are welcome!
    "A wise old man once said 'You must find the way'. And I have found it. It is exceedingly simple. I will chop off your head. Then you too will know the way." - Diary of a Khitan Madman

Age of Conan Roleplay Community

I would like to announce that this event was a resounding success! I would like to thank everybody who came and invite everyone to the next auction, to be host either next Saturday or the one after, to be held much earlier in the day to accommodate the EU crowd this time. If potential attendees could please note prime times on Saturday for a two-hour event to be held, that would be extremely helpful.
    "A wise old man once said 'You must find the way'. And I have found it. It is exceedingly simple. I will chop off your head. Then you too will know the way." - Diary of a Khitan Madman

Thank you very much for pulling this together. Was much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    I would like to announce that this event was a resounding success! I would like to thank everybody who came and invite everyone to the next auction, to be host either next Saturday or the one after, to be held much earlier in the day to accommodate the EU crowd this time. If potential attendees could please note prime times on Saturday for a two-hour event to be held, that would be extremely helpful.
    Somewhere in between 8-11 PM CEST would serve me well, personally
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

Really enjoyed it. Thank you for putting it together.

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    Somewhere in between 8-11 PM CEST would serve me well, personally
    8 PM - 1 AM CEST (6 PM - 11 PM UTC) would be fine for me if I can make it,
    but chances are not good for saturdays in general
    Set for president! Why vote for the lesser evil?

Glad to hear back from everyone. I will see about getting the Saturday after next as the next auction time. I found after the first event that a good variety of high-demand goods and more organization would definitely help (That bidding war for those Potent Daggamalts, whew!). Also, a less high-maintenance venue than the Sailor's Den would be good (having to gong fighters out of the ring and cater around the entire circle was fun, but a one-time thing I think)

I am thinking to make either Purple Carp Tavern or Armsman's Arena the next venue, and from what I am reading here, 9 pm CEST (3 PM EDT, 12 PM PDT) would be the time on Saturday as a potential start time, adjusted earlier or later by an hour or two depending on more feedback that I get.

In the meantime, I am very open if anyone has any items they would like to see at the auction, or have any items, services, or people(!) they'd like to see offered up on the auction block!

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    or people(!) they'd like to see offered up on the auction block!
    Set for president! Why vote for the lesser evil?

I am aiming for this event to be held next Saturday (that is, a week from tomorrow) at 9 PM CEST / 3 PM EDT / 12 PM PDT.

HOWEVER:

I am having a shifting work schedule that is throwing this and future events into doubt. I hope to make the event regardless and be there. I will update as my schedule is made more certain.