Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Update 5.1: Slithering Chaos Consolidated Feedback & Known Issues thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-Zarathustra View Post
    there is another CONAN game coming after the Conan EXILES early access...
    ...Secret World gonna have a big expansion in 2017....
    Age of Conan gets Slithering Chaos and no road map for the future...

http://massivelyop.com/2016/11/02/fu...in-early-2017/
    AOC + the dreamworld engine should be open sourced so that the community can fix funcoms bugs and create expansions.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    AOC + the dreamworld engine should be open sourced so that the community can fix funcoms bugs and create expansions.
    that would be best
    there is people who actually cares for the game
    meh...

Is it intended that Chaos gems cannot be removed from the new rings?

Gems can no longer be removed from an EQUIPPED item.
    so i guess it will work if you out it in your inventory and work from there.
    reading no easy -.-
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Just leaving here a situation I had in Slithering Chaos yesterday.

On Wednesday, my Necro got bound to the 1st and 2nd Boss and I relogged to a different character to do the last.

Yesterday, Thursday, my Necro joined last a group stuck on the 2nd Boss. When entering the instance, I had a complete new one with the adds. Tried change of lead, reinvite, same situation.

I relogged to my Sin, which never entered Chaos before, joined the group and when I entered, the owner of the instance, also new, was my own Necro.

There was no ID on any of my toons.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

was it more than 4h after the group instance was created ?
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    was it more than 4h after the group instance was created ?
    According to the other elements of the group they still had over one hour for the instance to reset, and two in group had joined less than ten minutes before I got the invite.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Feedback after many many Chaos run´s:

Dungeon and Boss Mechanics:

Little nice Dungeon, with funny Mechanics.
    With a normal Group (from global) 15-20 Minutes.

Very easy with a DT as Tank, but also no Problem with Guard/conq (if the Healer a good)

Trash-Add´s on the Bridge are Annoying. Kick,Heal and Poison-Puddle´s, it´s "ok" but....^^

Loot:

Ring-Drop-Chance: Ok (all my Char´s have a lot of Ring´s)

Excavator's Kit: Maybe you get too often Level 80 Buff-Food from it.

Gem´s:

Good gem´s are realy rare!
    You get often good stat´s and bad Blessings (for Example Crit, Hate decrease and Hate increase) or you get bad Stat´s and good Blessing´s (for Example Amor/Prot, Ashur,Black Pharaoh, for damage dealer not the best combination)
    Some Combinations are good for all Classes! For Example: Ashur-Blackpharoh. So if one good gem drop, all roll for it...
    All my classes have a lot of Ring´s but not enough good gem´s (or the gem´s they i want)

Bug´s

Sometimes you do not get the Protection-Buff on last Boss.

Question

Melee DPS get : 225 CombatRaiting from Fierce Chaos Gem and Caster get : 50 Magic Damage and (Ratio: 4,5)
    From big damage Potion´s (for Rare-Trophy´s) you get 732 CombatRaiting or 80 Magic Damage (Ratio 9,15) Why?

Conclusion

I like this Dungeon.
    A Lot of Fun.
    Short ini, you get Rare-Trophy´s,Ring´s and gem´s.... soo all good!
    Last edited by Xpunishment; 4th January 2017 at 14:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Glad to hear that you, personally, like it. Some people like jam on cheese.

And now the question you seem to forget: Do you think that most people share your skills and l33t sk1llz?

It's the same fallacy each time. Some new content comes out. A hundred players look at it. Ten like it. Ninety don't - and leave. The ten players feel totally l33t. Then they start complaining that there're too few players in the game. Getting tired of this.
    What's the point of an instance so easy everyone can do it at the first attempt? There's a lot of dungeons in this game that offers different levels so you takes your pick. This is a top tier ring with equivalent gems so it should be challenging. I know a lot of players just like to park their character somewhere and spam a couple of spells and rely on someone shouting out what the boss is casting but there's no skill in this and they shouldn't be rewarded for it either. You see enough of them in raid finder failing to master the art of reading their own name in targets target.

Secondly, it's not a problem to get a pug group for this dungeon so I guess either many people like it or like the rewards it gives.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    And then there is that one guy that complains when he feels challenged for a change, when literally every single piece of content produced in the last year has been casual solo garbage. Making Slithering another solo-pug-no-mic dungeon would just be more of the same.

You are right that content that pleases everyone does not exist. Different people have different taste. Lately we have had tons of one type of content to please the 'instant gratification crowd' that only cares about the reward in the end, and not about the fun of the content itself.
    The majority of my friends that enjoyed to play the game the way it was meant to be played have quit for that reason in the last 6 months but I guess that is good cause they were only ruining it for the 90/100 with their '1337 Sk1llz'. They totally weren't the ones paying and playing for 6+ years, creating and leading guilds, writing strats, making community websites, leading raids and starting groups... /s
    Now we get a small bit of harder content that would appeal to those people and suddenly it's elitist and destructive to enjoy challenges and strive for constant improvement of yourself and your team. As far as I'm concerned Slithering Chaos is way too easy and should get a buff.
    and winner of the gold medal is....

I totally agree with this. AOC lends itself to complex and tough instances so why not produce some very difficult instances that challenge the best and give something for people to strive towards. The argument against this seems to be no different to saying university degrees are too difficult, make them easy so everyone can do them. They become worthless then.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    And loose a slot for another buff? Why would anyone want that?

Offhand chance and heal rating are also fine? What class can benefit from BOTH buffs?
    You do realise you're not limited to winning one ring in that dungeon? So, for example, on a tank you can have a ring with a gem that has hate increase and decrease and two other rings, one with hate increase and the other with decrease gem. Switch those rings to +hate when in brute to -hate when in carnage and you got an easy and usefull buff. Most people have their ideal gem combination but you can use other combinations until your preferred gems drop.
    Last edited by Anzu; 4th January 2017 at 17:37.

If it was too easy then no one would be doing it.

The biggest issue I had on the dungeon is that I didn't start right away so it was harder to find a group that would take a bear that had read but not done the fight. I went with some guildies a few times so now I am pretty comfortable with it. One was a good group of guildies only and another was a half pug that had issues. But the pug one got me a decent legendary gem (heal rating and hate decrease) and a purple ring that I could put another heal rating purple gem on.

Plus I have 30 tainted potions just waiting for a better gem.

Still wonder where the last gem will come from. The infamous subscription offer?