Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

Quote Originally Posted by jh25737 View Post
    I asked it earlier without a clear response. What qualifies you for Dragonspine content pack? Do game box purchases of Khitai or AoC classic count? How about just buying prem? Please respond FundCom.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...t=#post2142620

"An active membership will not be required to enter *any* content you have already purchased. This means any Rise of the Godslayer or Dragon’s Spine playfield, including associated raids and Unchained dungeons. Dragon’s Spine will be sold separately in a new content pack. If you are an active Member at the time the new system launches, we’ll give you the Dragon’s Spine pack for free!"

"Dragon’s Spine will be sold separately in a new content pack. UPDATE: If you have ever made a purchase in Age of Conan up until the new system launches, you'l get Dragon's Spine for free!"

You can use Dev Tracker to find these things, I posted the link...does that help?

One of the biggest gripes I've read about the new change is talking away the offline levels. I can maybe see Funcom stopping the production of new offline levels, but removing them from the game just does not help out veterans.

I have 19 level 80s, most of the duplicates having ported over from Fury. When I came to Wiccana, I started over. Since I already leveled up each of the classes I 'duplicated', I did not see a great need to do questing again so I used offline levels.

IF I want to make pvp characters again, I'd rather boost up from 30 rather than having to do it all from scratch. Or 'buy' a full lvl 80 which I refuse to do.

Plus...I have a free lvl 50 upgrade yet. Do I need to use that before the change? Or will it still be available?
    Last edited by Anzu; 19th June 2016 at 07:17.

Quote Originally Posted by jh25737 View Post
    I would like to get that clearly stated by someone from FC. I sent him a PM so we shall see.
    well if you dont believe and i was talking about offical FC response go search dev tracker, im sure you will find your asnwer there
    Your Slam critically slashes Lozig for 2813.

Default Suggestion to purpose of Teleport Coins

•15 Teleport Coins, per character, each month for free.

In the current state of game, there is no purpose for teleport coins.
    1 suggestion is to change the use of teleport coins, either to unlock dungeons or uses in purchasing item shop.

So 15 teleport coin x 60 FC points = 900 bonus FC points monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoden View Post

In the current state of game, there is no purpose for teleport coins.
    This is not true. Assuming you have (!) Achievement Ports: In T4 Entity you change to another toon - you either travel to Paikang (30 sec+ loading screen Paikang (depending on your computer / connec) and then 1 min traveling in Paikang at least) or you port to Jade Citadel and save the time of 23 other people.

6-mans: 5 man waiting for 6th man: In Necropolis for KK Round: The 6th either travels to KK (loading screen), then has to walk by foot through the city, then mount, then travel, then gets knockbacked off his mount during an endless long ride through KK. He might get even killed by mobs if they knockback him off at the wrong place. At least he cant mount again soon. Or you use a port to Necropolis.

Enigmata of Yag: Dont need to say anything about this I guess.

The same applies to other 6-mans waiting for 6th, also Monastery. Teleports save time.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanLogan View Post
    What you describes can serve as a lockout and demotivation or pressure as well. "Letting 23 others wait" is not leading to a positive atmosphere. But the point is, that the demand might be there, especially amongst f2p players who are locked out of high speed transportation as well (not completely, but due to gold limit they can not earn things ingame). But exactly for these people, who are either vets worth waiting for (and who also have speedy mounts already or teleports unlocked) or inexperienced (the ones you might one to boost or get them to raid, since they show interest but lack means) these coins are way too expensive and it is not fair to put them under this "divide and conquer" pressure by other players. This would be totally different with other prices or a way to earn these coins ingame...(mind, f2p is unlikely to get 15 free tokens as members, so the value for money has to fit).
    People are not that social, if you can get there in a few mins by ingame means (like asura to nearest place and ride), they will do this in the majority (again, unless raidleaders put unfair pressure and expectations that will only lead to these people loosing interest in raiding ... and not buying tokens).
    At least for teleport tokens the idea is not that bad and the price monstrosity is not as big as for other "products" in the "shop" now. Quarteting or halving can do the trick, compared to dividing by 10 or 50 on other products. They seem also ideal for "rabatt"...e.g. the more you buy the cheaper they get.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 19th June 2016 at 13:01.

I've read through the comments in this thread and I think that the paid Membership has something to offer everyone, even the 8 year veterans. All players can use unlimited Gold (the 10 Gold cap for f2p is low), the monthly allotment of Teleport Coins, and the unique Loyalty Rewards even if you have nothing but capped level 80 characters in every class. Players that are still developing characters will benefit greatly from the Membership perks.

How much does a Membership cost? What, $6/month on sale? Unless you live in a poorer country or Mommy is your entire source of income, $6/month is completely reasonable for a game you probably spend hours a week playing.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    "Let them eat cake."

Seriously, where do your $6 come from? It is now 15€/month (unless changed and updated between last month and now) and sales values do not count. Besides, this is not what matters. This value is highly subjective anyhow (lost a lot of value to most in the world after reducing servers to North america only) and i am curious how you come to this conclusion it is worth the difference to f2p after this thread (especially since no official detailed info about the wonderful loyality is out).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 19th June 2016 at 18:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    "Let them eat cake."

Seriously, where do your $6 come from? It is now 15€/month (unless changed and updated between last month and now) and sales values do not count. Besides, this is not what matters. This value is highly subjective anyhow (lost a lot of value to most in the world after reducing servers to North america only) and i am curious how you come to this conclusion it is worth the difference to f2p after this thread (especially since no official detailed info about the wonderful loyalty is out).
    I purchased all of the sub time I have during promotions, so the 12 month option that includes 3 free months always worked out to about $6/month ($99/15 months = $6.60). $15/month wouldn't be that much either for a game someone plays regularly, unless of course that someone has to ask Mommy to increase his allowance. The concerns about selling power in the Store are legitimate but all of the complaining about the Membership terms is very petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    How much does a Membership cost? What, $6/month on sale?
    GBP 10.34 here.
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by Radek87 View Post
    GBP 10.34 here.
    Which is about $15 USD per month.