Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom plz tell why Most players have unaceptable pings

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    Funcom did testing (as they always do before any game change) and determined that the latency change would not ruin the playability of the game by moving all servers to the US
    Ok you just forgot the pvp players.. anway Goodluck with this decision, i will guarantee you this was the worse choise for Funcom..
    you will see it soon
    I personaly really think lets say 1000 subscribers (or way more) that are cancelling sub now can "pay" servers in stockholm. just a thought
    Spunqe's SuperStream!

Ping last night peak time in JS 250-350, used to be 120 max...

The experience is terrible, found trouble targeting and chasing casters around.

The whole fun aspect is gone for me, combat is no longer fluid.

Never said "I am considering quitting" until now... I only do minis, and that element of the game is ruined for me.

im a paying customer btw, although i could be F2P since i only do pvp) but i decided a long time ago that FC need the money for more content and stuff...

I still can't believe they made such a detrimental decision, but hey, that's Funcom.

My ping used to be under 50ms... now it is around 140-150ms. I dont see much difference in performance, but i do see that some of the opponents have more difficulties to target me when i kite and move fast...so now its for me more easy to avoid attacks than before. The only positive thing is that the frequent 4800ms lagspikes and following disconnects seems to have reduced. Still get some random few sec 1800ms spikes but not so long as before.

All in all i still think moving the server to US was a bad decision as a very big part of players live in russia and many EU player also dont have super nice fibre connection so this will hurt too many players who will get 300+ pings which is simply too much to do PVP. Playerbase will be getting smaller and smaller unfortunately.
    Last edited by SelfRez; 17th May 2013 at 05:58.

Ping between 150 and 200 ms from Paris.

It's pretty much ok for raiding, although one can really see a difference now between players.
    I guess after gear imbalance and AA imbalance, AoC needed a new PvP feature, hence the latency imbalance, PvP content for 2013.

What bugs me though is that there are some weird delays in combos, even with a stable ping, i often see that my combos get triggered almost one second too late.
    I used to notice that kind of thing on my pom, when casting repulse i think, but now it happens on any character.

Funcom is giving up with AoC and don't care about AoC veteran players which are basement of AoC existence. By moving servers to US its unplayable for many pvplayers which love combo system in Conan.
    If I wont love this combo system I would play another mmorpgs whoch are cheaper and new stuff is often comparing it to AoC as polish gamer
    I will say that this is the most expensive subsription and Funcom is
    making another game (TSW) for my money and nothing with AoC.
    You cant fix it or maybe when you will build server platform on the Atlantic Ocean for both continets and u will make some new stuff for Conan)

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    I'll answer the title of this thread...somewhat.

EU has higher latency than before for one reason. Had you read the monthly Game Director Letter, you would already know this, but since it's still such an issue, I'll quote the letter.

This is the reason they were moved. Plain and simple.
    I understand and support the reasoning. However, that also could have been achieved with a move of the US server to the EU, where the player base is higher. Have missed the explanation why it was decided that the majority has to suffer.

You still could move the consolidated server to the EU, you know

Quote Originally Posted by Hedge View Post
    I understand and support the reasoning. However, that also could have been achieved with a move of the US server to the EU, where the player base is higher. Have missed the explanation why it was decided that the majority has to suffer.

You still could move the consolidated server to the EU, you know
    You may have missed the explanation from Joel.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...&postcount=106

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Why the US and not the EU? We pay for our server farm in the US and it supports AO, AoC and TSW. The US server farm has the newest hardware and it has more connection links than the EU servers. It is, in short, technologically superior.
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    You may have missed the explanation from Joel.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...&postcount=106
    Bye premium

Not gonna pay for 150 MS.
    iGank

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Ping between 150 and 200 ms from Paris.

It's pretty much ok for raiding, although one can really see a difference now between players.
    I guess after gear imbalance and AA imbalance, AoC needed a new PvP feature, hence the latency imbalance, PvP content for 2013.

What bugs me though is that there are some weird delays in combos, even with a stable ping, i often see that my combos get triggered almost one second too late.
    I used to notice that kind of thing on my pom, when casting repulse i think, but now it happens on any character.
    Yes, even with only 120-150ms the combos and abilities often feel grossly delayed, it's like the latency meter is lying. I mean in other games 120ms doesn't feel as bad, sure I can't beat great players in a fps (or a game like Mount & Blade, Chivalry, Jedi Academy...) with 120ms BUT it's still smoother and more responsive than in AoC. Some of my friends noticed that too. I suppose that's a flaw in the netcode that COULD potentially be fixed.
    Maybe it's just very short latency spikes that the meter doesn't display because it doesn't refresh fast enough or something.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

150 ms? So you're one of the lucky ones? 200-200ms and such an ignorant answer to the community. GZ!