Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom plz tell why Most players have unaceptable pings

I'll answer the title of this thread...somewhat.

EU has higher latency than before for one reason. Had you read the monthly Game Director Letter, you would already know this, but since it's still such an issue, I'll quote the letter.

Phase One - Moving the servers physically to the same location. This allows us to consolidate the EU and US realms into the same physical server set, which paves the way for the single server tech.
    This is the reason they were moved. Plain and simple.

Funcom did testing (as they always do before any game change) and determined that the latency change would not ruin the playability of the game by moving all servers to the US - something required to do in order to advance to single server tech.

Now whether or not you think the latency you are experiencing is unacceptable or not is something only you as an individual player can answer. People all over the world play this game, and whether we live in the US or abroad, latency varies for everyone.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

I think I remember reading what Craig Morrison said about merging US and EU before. He all but said it was impossible. I'm glad he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post

EU has higher latency than before for one reason. Had you read the monthly Game Director Letter, you would already know this, but since it's still such an issue, I'll quote the letter.

Funcom did testing (as they always do before any game change) and determined that the latency change would not ruin the playability of the game by moving all servers to the US - something required to do in order to advance to single server tech.

Now whether or not you think the latency you are experiencing is unacceptable or not is something only you as an individual player can answer. People all over the world play this game, and whether we live in the US or abroad, latency varies for everyone.
    thx for the anwser

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    I think I remember reading what Craig Morrison said about merging US and EU before. He all but said it was impossible. I'm glad he was wrong.
    i know we shouldnt talk to much about that guy, but he said there was lots of impossible things

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    i know we shouldnt talk to much about that guy, but he said there was lots of impossible things
    impossible? or 'currently unachievable given reasons x, y, and z'?

he might not have had the time/manpower/expertise in his team to attempt the relocation/single server stuff

whereas Joel now does for whatever reason

or maybe Funcom thought about the financials again and determined that is was now worth doing from a cash flow perspective?

I had luck of getting 167ms "antispikes" this morning for 3-5 second thrice. Then, it got over 250 again. If only 167 were constant...
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    Two options:
    1) Lower latency however you know FunCom
    2) If you can't do above then return servers to EU.

As one Roman Emperor once said... Funcom, Oh Funcom give me back my latency (to 60+) after his general was defeated in Teutoburg forest due to having 200+ ms and being unable to execute orders in timely manner. And as such he and his legions have been ganked in pvp for days.
    I would be happy if I had 150-170...

"That includes ... the quality of life improvements that we can bring to the game."
    A hoax! Maybe they are trying to make us quit so that we have better lives? We might lose more subscribers than we might obtain from the mergences.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    but if you remove even more skill from pvp (after the gear, AA, CS...) there is really no point and no enjoyment for me.
    I agree completely. Unchained minigames are not for me (I prefer progression in PVP), but the majority might like it.

...EU has higher latency than before for one reason...

Funcom did testing (as they always do before any game change) and determined that the latency change would not ruin the playability of the game by moving all servers to the US....
    Funcom deemed this fine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TwCL4YcbTM Seems like someone was quite underpaid and did something in a hurry.

Plus, not all of the players are in Europe. Rothat and Two Eagles were Asian and European (AS/EU) (Russia occupies Europe and Asia).

Previously welcomed Asians were just not taken in account during the hastened estimation, I guess.

PVE is playable. PVP is unfair now.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 16th May 2013 at 05:29.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Unhappy

I played several mini-games yesterday with my BS. HV was fine (ping = max. 150). But JS was cruel. More players on a map = more lags (ping 250-500)! Unfortunately, the game is currently for PVP unplayable.

P.S. sorry for my english

Unfortunately their testing has proved to be inaccurate as its has significantly downgraded most EU players gameplay.

The most important thing is that you even made this response. In past it would be highly possible that devs would not comment anything at all
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast