Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription offer live discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Yes, the new offer will extend the time you already have. So if you have 2 months left on your membership now and you buy the offer for 1 year you will get:
    The 2 months you already had + The 12 months from the offer + The 4 extra months from the offer

So your membership would expire in 18 months.
    Thanks for the answer!

While understanding that many vets are disappointed, the offer made me resub (have 3 undergeared 80s).

Cheers!

For new players it is also not very attractive to start from scratch in a old game where 95% of the activity is end-game. I bet many people /uninstall AoC after not seeing anyone the last 15 levels. Now they can go straight to the place where the action happens and Funcom earns some good money on it.
    You obviously haven't played a character from the beginning of the game up to level 80 any time recently. There are PLENTY of toons running around. I speak from experience.

Not knowing how to play a class because you did not level is complete bull. I only completely leveled my first char and I was 100% clueless when I reached 80. My 9 other level 80's were powerleveled rougly to level 50 and offlined from there. One of the last characters I did it with was a guard that had full T1/T2 at level 38 due to the worldboss. By the time I had some time to powerlevel and reached 80 I put on my T1/T2 gear, got a good build, talked for about 10minutes to a experienced guard and next day I was tanking in Coils.
    See my first response ... and; PowerLeveing a toon to 80 and talking to someone you believe is experienced is not going to make you good. TBH ~ that's the problem that's running rampant in Raids and groups lately. People not knowing their toons.
    L2P.

Lol at vets saying they don't get anything. Veterans play the game because they like PLAYING the game. If they need to be convinced with some vanity toys to buy more time they might aswel uninstall. The stronly reduced subscription time should be enough.
    "Vets" have been keeping the servers running and the lights-on ...

Whats the problem with these offers; there is a great disparity between what FUNCOM is offering and many other MMOs. Sure, they'll be a small spike is subs and in-game purchases ~ but I don't think anywhere near its potential. Good Luck FUNCOM.

shame the devs have to drive around in a Yaris instead of the TESLA.

Cool

At least yaris doesn't break on the road. It doesn't matter what we get as campaign offers, there's always people whining about something.. If nothing else then it's wrong color on their new rat mount.
    I liked this what we got now, even if it was only 4 months free time... Better yet, i can roll new alt with good gear so i don't even need to l2p it

Did the year offer myself and created a new ranger, since it's the only class I haven't really played, in an empty slot that had been locked as FtP. I'll echo what was said above, Tortage was full of people. Actually had to compete for spawns and when I headed up to kill the bat demon there were three other people also on the way so we grouped up and mashed him.

I haven't been in Tortage in a long, long time so this may be normal but it was a pleasant surprise either way.

Figure the claim set of armor will be perfect after offline leveling the ranger to 80. Then I'll see just how bad a name I can give to rangers in general.
    Last edited by Raeil; 13th December 2014 at 09:16.

Great offer! Thanks Funcom. Resubbing for a year when my salary ticks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    You obviously haven't played a character from the beginning of the game up to level 80 any time recently. There are PLENTY of toons running around. I speak from experience.
    I have done Tortage several times last year since you have too in order to get out of there. Yes, it looks like there are plenty of people there. About a year ago I decided I wanted to level the normal way again. As soon as I got out of Tortage and went to Khopsef Province to do some leveling there was nobody playing anymore. Around level 30 I had met about 3 other levelers in my levelrange and decided to screw it and powerlevel/offline the rest
    So no, there are not in any way PLENTY of toons running around. Not even in Tortage where it looks like there is plenty but that is only because it is a relatively small area where everyone has to start. Tortage should have several instances at all times to have enough people to make the leveling lands after it seem active. If you don't believe me just do a player search at any time of the day in wildlands, khopsef, gateway and conalls. There are rarely more then 5 people leveling per zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    See my first response ... and; PowerLeveing a toon to 80 and talking to someone you believe is experienced is not going to make you good. TBH ~ that's the problem that's running rampant in Raids and groups lately. People not knowing their toons.
    L2P.
    I know you are probably just baiting me but I'll bite. Just for the record, with that guard I have successfully maintanked all of T3 and tanked a bit in T4. With that same guard I have succesfully solotanked the hardest 6mans in game like T'ian'an and Demigod.
    My DT albeit a bit older has not been leveled the normal way either and I have literally tanked every possible boss in game including all of T5. If you think you need a leveling process to learn how to play your character end-game in raids and groups I wonder who is the one that needs to L2P here.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 13th December 2014 at 14:43.

Is it intended that non level 80's can wear the accessories gained from the raider gear pack? A lvl 73 could equip all accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Is it intended that non level 80's can wear the accessories gained from the raider gear pack? A lvl 73 could equip all accessories.
    Oh no! Now people will cheese Halls of Eternal Frost!

What we need instead of a sub offer for new ppl is also a "RESUB" offer for vets with things vets want and or need. Not many need t1 armor... pve or pvp. As usual vets get screwed.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast