Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Off line levels

Well, I have an understanding for people who miss offline levels, but I have stopped using them some time ago, probably around the time they have introduced Purist achievement :-) Since that time, I use my low-level characters to help others fill 6-mans for purist runs and I have discovered that playing purist dungeons is a lot of fun :-) In fact, that +30% XP bonus is annoying in this regard because my purist-targetted chars level up too fast :-) On the other hand, this bonus is great for faction points and mastery/prowess. So it would be great if XP bonus would be switchable like Blessing of Asura was.

At least I know some players are waiting their bonus points to stack up and going to buy extra char slot to use their offline lv, giving them the bonus points after revamp is too late.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

well, nothing will chanege in low lvl zone.
    ppl who want lvl80 will pl in kheshata and will be 80 in 2 days, they will not pay for insta. lvl80. becouse there is always will be some friend or guild mate who will say: f..k that, come to khesh, i`ll help you.
    f2p will still lvl with no bonuses and boosts.
    ppl who like pre 80 content will play their alts same way as was b4.
    a few noobs that have read:
    ""Here by popular demand, the Ultimate Level 80 Bundle grants you the ability to create a new Level 80 character with all the extras! You receive Max ranks of Combos and Spells, the largest inventory bags, complete mount training (plus Purebred Tarpani Stallion), a set of Tier 3 raid gear, an additional specialization, 100 Expertise Points, 20 Teleport Coins, and even 4 Royal Treasure Chests! Jump into the fray with your friends and hit the ground running!""
    will buy and will be kicked form every 2 or 3 group, becouse no 1 need noob that asking "Guys, what this button do?"

I am very disappointed that offline levels are gone. I think it is reprehensible that the offline levels we already had "earned" through paying for a sub even when we couldn't play very often were taken away. Funcom should have at least left our earned levels available to use, even if they stopped any further levels from accruing.

I know I have paid my sub for a few months now, even when I couldn't play because of time commitments, just because I knew I would gain the levels for my alts. I feel completely ripped-off now because the very reason I was paying for a sub when I couldn't even play was taken away with no notification I ever saw.

As far as I am concerned, the taking of offline levels that I PAID FOR WITH HARD CURRENCY is nothing but stealing. I will say it again--I feel I have been ripped-off and Funcom is no better than a thief. I will say this again too--I PAID for those offline levels by subbing when I knew I could not even log in. The only thing I got for my monthly sub fee was the offline levels--I knew that and paid for those levels.

Now what did I get for paying that sub and keeping it running even when I could not play--nothing! Not a damn thing! Damn you all, you thieving bast***s! Thief! Crook! Robbers! Swindlers! Cheats! Filchers! You deserve all this and more.

Stopping the program going forward is one thing, but taking what we already PAID FOR is a dastardly act that deserves to be condemned in the strongest terms. I will most likely keep on paying my sub because I hate any restrictions when I play, but I will promise you this: For the next 12 months, I refuse to spend one red cent beyond my basic sub fee in the marketplace. And I always did spend money there before--weapons and armor every ten levels for all my alts among other things like mounts, etc.--but not now. I promise to give you exactly what you gave me for subbing the last several months when I couldn't even play--nothing--not a damn thing. It is exactly what you deserve.

Read eula. Youre paying for an access to game. Funcom have all rights to even delete your characters because it is not a thing belongs to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Read eula. Youre paying for an access to game. Funcom have all rights to even delete your characters because it is not a thing belongs to you.
    It doesn't have to belong to you. If you are told that if you pay, you will get <something> to use in the game, so you pay, are given <something>, and then after you paid, the same <something> is taken away, then what you paid has been taken from you, period. That's not even debatable.

If you go to the equipment rental shop and pay for access to a backhoe for a week, only to have them take the backhoe away after only one day, would that be alright with you? After all, you do not own the backhoe, right? You only paid for access, and since they own the backhoe, they can just take it away, right?

Would you pay Funcom a sub fee for months when you knew you would not be able to play unless there was some benefit for doing so? I think not. Yet that is exactly what I did, but only because I knew I would be getting the benefit of offline levels when I could play again.

Stopping the levels from accruing at some point is one thing, but taking away all the levels we had already earned is something entirely different. Gaining those levels was a part of the agreement made between Funcom and the players. It was spelled out clearly. Taking them away is, at the very least, a breach of trust--if not an outright breach of contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Braciaca View Post
    Stopping the levels from accruing at some point is one thing, but taking away all the levels we had already earned is something entirely different. Gaining those levels was a part of the agreement made between Funcom and the players. It was spelled out clearly. Taking them away is, at the very least, a breach of trust--if not an outright breach of contract.
    Funcom retains the right to modify the game in any way without permission from the audience. While I agree that it may cause uncomfortable situations (like making the game easier and faster in progression), it is something to which we agree when we sign the agreement. And Jerohn is right: characters belong to Funcom, which is why we cannot trade them for real money or give our accounts to someone else. If Funcom wants, it can delete characters too.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I don't care about offline levels. I'm more interested in content.

I'm currently subbed, but when this runs out I'm going to f2p since all I do is pvp anyway. All other games I see gives new content. We have been in a content drought for YEARS. Dragon Spine was the last we got (for free) but did someone say they had to buy it now?

You sub not for having the ability to spend money (gold) in a game. You pay to support the team to work on content for the game you are subbing for. Common sense, sadly funcom instead uses AoC money and adds it to other games that they feel has better opportunities to generate revenue for them. As a result, the game dwindles. AoC players has supported Funcom for years, but don't really get content in return. Its why so many have left.

You pay money for access to stuff they can take away and yet they take away the money for other stuff you don't have access to unless you pay more money which can also be taken away. The conundrum of Funcom.
    Last edited by Brazza; 13th July 2016 at 00:08.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Quote Originally Posted by Braciaca View Post
    It doesn't have to belong to you. If you are told that if you pay, you will get <something> to use in the game, so you pay, are given <something>, and then after you paid, the same <something> is taken away, then what you paid has been taken from you, period. That's not even debatable.

If you go to the equipment rental shop and pay for access to a backhoe for a week, only to have them take the backhoe away after only one day, would that be alright with you? After all, you do not own the backhoe, right? You only paid for access, and since they own the backhoe, they can just take it away, right?

Would you pay Funcom a sub fee for months when you knew you would not be able to play unless there was some benefit for doing so? I think not. Yet that is exactly what I did, but only because I knew I would be getting the benefit of offline levels when I could play again.

You are right. If it were plainly only modifications to the software or game, the others would have a point. But the offline levels were actively used in marketing and were part of advertising the subscription. Also the EULA is not necessary law, there are many examples of eula/terms of use that actually are against the law. That's what the "salvatoral clause" is for. Even though they might have the right to modify software and the game (which makes sense), they could still be accountable for false advertising. Even if it is completely legal, it is still a bad marketing move, because if they have the right to modify, every modification leads to the customers right to unsubscribe extraordinary (this is actually common in every real life contract).
    Just because no one sues them, does not mean they are in the right. And i doubt anyone really liking the game would go as far as that and they know it. Even if a lawsuit would win, what value are you fighting about? There have been worse things when it comes to kickstarting or receiving subs for an online game and then go offline with all servers but taking the money (as other companies have done. But again, i am not sure if they got sued or if they paid something). So basically bringing us back to a really bad marketing move and the risk (and drawback) of a longterm sub model in general (they would have lost NOTHING by simply notifying that offline levels will be gone in 12 months and removing them, when no one with an old sub would be able to complain about it (since every new sub and contract would have been under the new conditions)).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 12th July 2016 at 19:31.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast