Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Funcom, whats going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    One of the first things I did as Game Director on AoC was have the guys paw through the old assets (such as the maps you are discussing) and tell me whether we could use them. The conclusion from the artists and designers was "these are old and **** and we'd be better off starting from scratch then wasting time trying to fix these maps".

That's pretty much the entire story - these are old, old maps.

How exactly did you access them for screenshots?
    The screenshots aren't mine. They are from Entenkiller which also had a picture with a blacked out GM name in one picture. If you would look closely you can see it's Waldgeist.. which probably means he ported this dude here. This guy also got some other places where you can't get to. Here's the picture I spoke about. You can see the top of w l d and bottom of g and CR tag. Last time I saw a CR tag it was a community manager tag. http://i.imgur.com/Jw9faRF.jpg
    Thanks for clearing the map situation up.
    Last edited by Fass; 21st August 2015 at 10:42.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

One of the first things I did as Game Director on AoC was have the guys paw through the old assets (such as the maps you are discussing) and tell me whether we could use them. The conclusion from the artists and designers was "these are old and **** and we'd be better off starting from scratch then wasting time trying to fix these maps".

It is very cool, because 90% of the game now are full with old maps. Except Khitai, Dragon Spine and maybe Ardashir.
    If we are here, about fixing the old maps subject. I would suggest you to fix the ground textures on T4 at Imp because there is no shadow of your character, same textures are in Ardashir at Sodabeh. Oh and one more thing, fix the facial hair on the character screen after 7 years, please. Thank you!
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

Too bad they couldn't use them for new mini maps because we still have the same 4 CTF maps from Launch. Each GD has promised new ones, yet year after year still hasn't been a single new one since Jeb Sag.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

It would be super cool if Funcom would allow players to waste their time on those old, unused maps. Making them ready for use on paid time might me economically unviable. Butting having them fixed by community members in their spare time might be possible. Web 2.0, swarm intelligence and so on.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    It would be super cool if Funcom would allow players to waste their time on those old, unused maps. Making them ready for use on paid time might me economically unviable. Butting having them fixed by community members in their spare time might be possible. Web 2.0, swarm intelligence and so on.
    It's a fair request and one I will pass along. As you know, I am not really in charge of this anymore.

Hasn't this already been requesting some years but the funcom marketing team gave their "NO" to it ?
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

It's a fair request and one I will pass along. As you know, I am not really in charge of this anymore.
    What exactly are you in charge of now?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Nice for you to care anyhow. :-)

Funcom being in the situation it is in now, it would be really nice to be able to a.) help the company and b.) compensate for the lack of resources. Building a quest zone or fixing old maps might be doable that way.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

So you still do read the aoc forums? :P I thought you high-tailed it out and forgot about us once you were no longer game director.

In what capacity do you serve Funcom? can you confirm yes or no if you're working on a new funcom game?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Did anyone else think that picture of the Legos MMO looked just like tortage docks on the way to the pirate fish? Or Strom?
    Similar, yeah. Though I think there are more hills in that Lego Screenshot wrapping around the town than in Tortage. Also makes me think of Booty Bay in Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    I did not know the game was out either: you'd think at least Funcom would have sent out an email to their subscribers.
    I've gotten multiple emails about it, including one when it released.

As for those screenshots on the German forums, they don't show us much. They definitely don't show completed terrain. Just bits and pieces. You would have to be able to run around in those zones to see just how done they really are. The base zones are probably no better than what we got for Vanaheim in terms of how completed they are.

... As is evident from Nusquam's post. I should really read everything before starting to respond to old posts.

Would be sort of cool to run around in these old zones on testlive, just for fun.

Hah, or even on live, make them places you can get to by talking to some sort of "Spiritualist" NPC. "Access a Dream World where not everything is as it should be... a world unfinished... fragmented/unstable reality". As long as there were no items to gain, it wouldn't hurt. Aside from maybe more players getting stuck places.

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    So you still do read the aoc forums? :P I thought you high-tailed it out and forgot about us once you were no longer game director.

In what capacity do you serve Funcom? can you confirm yes or no if you're working on a new funcom game?
    Didn't he say when he left the GD role that he was moving on to some super secret project he thought we make like?
    Last edited by tapwater; 26th August 2015 at 01:53.