Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Petition for enabling PvP daily quests in pvp zones on crom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselconq View Post
    first pvp daily quest, then pvp fest 2 time per month, then Crom will look like rage and fury
    p.s. great picture Braciaca)
    Are you... what? Nevermind.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Well well , stupidity is everywhere , wherever you go , and when it becomes so overwhelming that it hurts i simply feel the need to express my opinion.

I have read so many rather laughable arguments by a few pve players in the past :

1) "PVP players destroyed their server by **** talking" : I'd like someone to particularize how exactly this should even be possible .
    -First of all, to get actually flamed YOU need to LET it happen . Funcom was so generous to give you a powerful tool called "Ignore button", feel free to make use of it.
    -If you are verbally offended -> Report said player : If FC GMs are good for something , then its being the Voice-Police.

2) "PVP players pollute Global channel" : Do you have any idea how many people there are pvping , and how little of them actually "pollute" global ?
    - If you are a smart guy , you should be able to put those few persons that prevent you from following the current global political discussion, on ignore .

3) "PVP players destroy my immersion by jumping around like crazy" : Seriously ? You are free to turn around and look the other way if you feel offended.
    -OR better : If you are so much in "enjoying the environment" you might as well go out for a walk (graphics are way better and you wont even need SweetFX or ENB).

4) "Crom will be empty soon" : - Can anyone who has this opinion make an actually valid argument, with the use of common sense ?
    -The zones people talk about are : AE (Aquilonian End) , CE (Cimmerian End), Khush .
    In which aspect would that affect YOU ? You can still do your daily faction , Raid and dungeon grind without noticing ANY difference.

Only a very little percentage of pvp players IS actually annoying , if you have 10 fingers you should be able to count them on 1 hand- - If not , im sure you remember what i said about "smart guys" , right ? -If not scroll up please.

5) "pvp players QQ about cheats" : Many of those accusations are bullcrap , but some are not . The thing is many PVErs simply cannot spot them at all . Look at RN for example , they have a few guys who use Speedhack and Comber all the time , but dont get kicked .
    -Why ? because many of you guys cant even spot a comber when it used right in front of you.

Solution if you dont pvp ? : -Remember the "smart guy" part ?

Its the same ******** discussion as in every MMO i guess.
    In ESO people make forums threads and get infuriated because they cannot have a placid pve grind in THE ONLY PVP ENABLED ZONE.
    go figure.

In AoC the population is so extremely low (probably never hits the 10k mark) that you should be happy to unite instead of further dividing it , for the sake of the game.
    Many people seem to forget that a high percentage of the remaining players on crom actually originate from a former RP/PVP , PVP or Hardcore PVP server .
    Most likely even in your own guild OR (dont forget to breathe now) your own core raid group.
    Last edited by slackjoint; 3rd May 2016 at 02:33.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    I cannot fathom any reason why the daylies should be restricted to Fury, even if it wasn't a dead server.
    None of us on Crom could when the system was implemented (as long as the quests stay in the already pvp-enabled border kingdoms).

You should read back the threads that were made around that time however for some of the ridiculous arguments made by outraged Furians that were hellbent on splitting the population and restricting the PvP daylies to Fury only in a vain attempt to save their dying server.

At the time it was a stupid idea. Now I'm inclined to tell them to shove their petition and keep it on Fury only because apparently Crom wasn't good enough at the time to get those daylies in the first place.

So People from Fury transfer to Crom because there isn't enough population to PvP On fury, because all the players on Fury transferred to Crom and are 90% of the Crom PvP population? That seems wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    However as this is turning into a slightly volatile subject I will at least explain why the decision to not enable 4 daily pvp quests on Crom has been made.
    While Crom has just the 1 zone enabled for the PvP events (Border Kingdom's : Cimmerian End), we don't want to enable these 4 daily quests in this location because with just 1 location we believe they will become quite stale quite quickly while enabling them along with the events for the 1 focused week will lead to much more desirable behaviour and more engaging gameplay longterm.
    Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    I genuinely believe that the experience long term will be better if these events are focused, just as the PvP festival events are focused weeks on all servers and indeed the World Bosses. Maybe I am wrong but I do feel that doing the same quests in the same location every day will feel like a required grind and not like fun and dynamic open-world pvp which I hope it will be during the week it is enabled.

Remember this from 2 years ago?
    Johara / Shimi / Joxli - Tainted Souls - Crom
    Feat planner - Achievement list - AA heal calculator

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Uh what? Open world pvp with the quests gives tokens that you can use to buy pvp gear, which is all you need in pvp. There's only a few pve items that are good for pvp and you shouldn't worry about it, they only make a very tiny difference. Even the basic pvp t1 set is very very good for pvp, gear is really not an issue anymore in AoC. AA still is to some extent though (but that too got A LOT better).

And yes at this point it would be best to just get rid of Fury (and Rage but they are already taking care of that) and just have the pvp festival running more often on Crom (or at least have the dailies like on Fury).
    That's what she said when shee joined a guild focused on pve raiding on a pve server and wanted to speak on behalf of pvp centric players.

She also tought she knew better about defining a hardcore pvp ruleset oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Well well , stupidity is everywhere , wherever you go , and when it becomes so overwhelming that it hurts i simply feel the need to express my opinion.
    In AoC the population is so extremely low (probably never hits the 10k mark) that you should be happy to unite instead of further dividing it , for the sake of the game.
    Many people seem to forget that a high percentage of the remaining players on crom actually originate from a former RP/PVP , PVP or Hardcore PVP server .
    Most likely even in your own guild OR (dont forget to breathe now) your own core raid group.
    The only serious argument against offering more choice (such as enabling PvP dailies on Crom) in MMOs is that it may have negative network effects. In theory, it is conceivable that offering additional PvP options may make it more difficult to fill raids, get enough signups for minigames, etc. I believe this is very unlikely to happen in case of PvP dailies.

All of the other arguments against offering more choice to PvP players are based on nothing but innuendo. For some reason, people on these forums seem to forget that global chat on Crom has always been a mixture of nonsense, trolling, and personal attacks. The recent influx of Fury players has changed nothing in this regard.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Dear Funcom. Please don't do it on Crom PvE. This shoulb be ONLY on Fury PvP server. If you do not want to see a dead server.

Quote Originally Posted by medke View Post
    Yes I remember that. It wasn't exactly players begging for dailies to be Fury exclusive, it was a decision by Funcom. I think Cirith had a very good point back then and Fury was great for a while, open-world pvp wise. But for months it has been a dead town now.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by medke View Post
    I agree with Ciriths stand back then!

Festivals are once a month for a reason, and since they can't enable it unless they merge servers and give PvE + PvP instance selections, it has to stand the way it is now.

Unfortunately.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast