Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardian hate discussion

Not sure how you get the info, but i am interested to know is there difference between miss/parry/evade/resist on innate hate.
    My idea on innate hate may sounds very unrealistic but still untested and no idea how to confirm..Words like 'in my exp','big', can not satisfy my desire at all....
    A 400dps tank can hold aggro off like 2k dps only by aggro tools is very unrealistic for me.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

One of the reasons I have loved tanking so much is because there is no strict answer on the ratio of hate to DPS. When two or more tanks who have been working together for a while can effortlessly shift aggro even when at max DPS it is an incredible feeling.

AOC combat has spoiled so many games for me now.

can't bosses resist irritate though?
    and I don't understand the logic (to Magnum92) on the taunts on whitehit. Why would it be unrealistic only cause you can miss combofinisher?
    But I must say it sounds farfetched, given taunt was somewhat removed?

and another question

is innate hate from combos applied instantly when the animation is going, along with the physical hits, or at the end of the animation?

#keepaocforumsalive

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    When two or more tanks who have been working together for a while can effortlessly shift aggro even when at max DPS it is an incredible feeling.
    But is it like... making love?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    is innate hate from combos applied instantly when the animation is going, along with the physical hits, or at the end of the animation?
    #makecomboskippinggreatagain

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    Not sure how you get the info, but i am interested to know is there difference between miss/parry/evade/resist on innate hate.
    My idea on innate hate may sounds very unrealistic but still untested and no idea how to confirm..Words like 'in my exp','big', can not satisfy my desire at all....
    A 400dps tank can hold aggro off like 2k dps only by aggro tools is very unrealistic for me.
    Well, you can test this henry, make a dpser do approximately 800dps, see if u can hold it with only whitehits, that would work with your logic. Im sure u wont hold aggro without aggrotools.

a 400dps tank can hold aggro from 2k dps by 1: the hate 400dps gives 2: Shieldslam (so damn great combo) 3: aggrotools.

Again, with your logic a guardian would switch aggro on combos, not aggrotools, but thats not the case.

can't bosses resist irritate though?
    That seem to work diffrently, if you miss an irritate u get no aggro what so ever, happpened a couple of times when i pulled with irritate that it went for healing aggro for example. Innate-hate from combos work diffrently, it does get applied eventho you miss the combo. but the only combo you would tell the diffrence is prolly shieldslam cos thats the only combo that has big amount of it. How am I sure of this? Because it happens quite often that im pulling aggro from other tanks with a shieldslam that missed, with no aggrotools or hatemodifiers up.

and I don't understand the logic (to Magnum92) on the taunts on whitehit. Why would it be unrealistic only cause you can miss combofinisher?
    But I must say it sounds farfetched, given taunt was somewhat removed?
    For me its unrealistic that all hits carry a innate hate of 800dps, cos then it would be possible to basically hold aggro from 800dps by only doing whitehits even tho u miss 100% of em, which sounds far fetches, yes.

On shieldslam its on the last hit of the combosequence, but its hard to tell on other combos since the innate hate is so much lower.
    Last edited by magnum92; 30th October 2016 at 09:03.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Here's the new thread. If you want a more accurate name for it, you just have to ask.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    For me its unrealistic that all hits carry a innate hate of 800dps, cos then it would be possible to basically hold aggro from 800dps by only doing whitehits even tho u miss 100% of em, which sounds far fetches, yes.
    yeah 1 taunt = 1 dps farfeteched, but if the value was lower, maybe. and I don't remember seeing any explanation to what taunt was doing, except it being removed from skills tab, and that this wouldnt effect hate in any way? maybe they just gave all tanks the 800 innate. or is there something Im missing?

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    On shieldslam its on the last hit of the combosequence, but its hard to tell on other combos since the innate hate is so much lower.
    RIP comboskipping cooldown reduction plan

Find an epic boss in FoTD or something, let the guardian use shield slam on it and then idle in defensive (with no retributive stuff). The dps guy should equip a tortage weapon just for having lower damage numbers and get more accurate results, and smack the boss until he takes agro. Check parser to see damage, that result will be how much dps a shield slam can hold. And you could try again with shield slam topped with irritate or cry of havoc or both. And Stall. I read somewhere that agro changes if someone does 10% more hate..?

All is of course relevant to positive hate on tank and negative hate on dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Find an epic boss in FoTD or something, let the guardian use shield slam on it and then idle in defensive (with no retributive stuff). The dps guy should equip a tortage weapon just for having lower damage numbers and get more accurate results, and smack the boss until he takes agro. Check parser to see damage, that result will be how much dps a shield slam can hold. And you could try again with shield slam topped with irritate or cry of havoc or both. And Stall. I read somewhere that agro changes if someone does 10% more hate..?

All is of course relevant to positive hate on tank and negative hate on dps.

Im confused, we didnt talk about how much aggro a shiedslam does? Just the innate hate applies even tho combo is missed.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast