Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. dungeons

They needed to nerf some raids because you can't expect people to still be interested in raiding T2 after 5 years.

The problem is that T3.5 and T4 are easier than some K6s and give vastly better gear so why would you both with dungeons?

I'd love to see a new level of difficulty added to K6s that would challenge players equally (or greater than) existing raids and have gear appropriate for their difficulty, even if that means dumping 'normal' mode K6s by making the standard difficulty the current HM and a new HM +100% damage/DPS race/ etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    They needed to nerf some raids because you can't expect people to still be interested in raiding T2 after 5 years.

The problem is that T3.5 and T4 are easier than some K6s and give vastly better gear so why would you both with dungeons?

I'd love to see a new level of difficulty added to K6s that would challenge players equally (or greater than) existing raids and have gear appropriate for their difficulty, even if that means dumping 'normal' mode K6s by making the standard difficulty the current HM and a new HM +100% damage/DPS race/ etc.
    By using common sense we know that raiding is usually rewarded on the external fact that organizing a pve event for many ppl takes more effort to the leader/guild than content requiring less players and usually involving more individual skill, leaving less margin of mistake, however in no way raiding is a more difficult content, only the gear rewarded for doing that kind of content create the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Should be fairly easy to use veteran/master timers to trigger this.

I can see the point of being upset if folks are not doing dungeons and only raiding, but to be honest veteran players are leaving the game in DROVES, faster than you can get new players trained up, so opening up raiding for those of "lesser" skill really needed to happen. I understand folks are getting gear on toons that they don't even know how to play, but if you want to keep this game going you better teach them how to play and have a little patience when your leading those raids because they ARE your future guildies. So at least you will only have to teach them to play instead of get them gear AND teach them to play.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    I can see the point of being upset if folks are not doing dungeons and only raiding, but to be honest veteran players are leaving the game in DROVES, faster than you can get new players trained up, so opening up raiding for those of "lesser" skill really needed to happen...
    /agree ~

I consistently see the bigger guilds (ReqNex, TWD, SD, etc) are failing to get past T4 due to the drop-off of vets; maybe not entirely, but they show up less and less these days ~ so core-groups are having to start again from Parade-Rest.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    /agree ~

I consistently see the bigger guilds (ReqNex, TWD, SD, etc) are failing to get past T4 due to the drop-off of vets; maybe not entirely, but they show up less and less these days ~ so core-groups are having to start again from Parade-Rest.

Being part of RN and coming back after several years the size of the community is just a lot smaller now, both internal to our guild and external too. A lot of raids are pugged out so the quality is variable

We just started putting a lot of the old crew together and are working on T6 again. We've downed the first boss in the first week and are progressing well on the second. We're pretty much open to any good players, they need not be in our guild so (advertising on) if you are or know of any good players that are T6-keen-and-worthy we are raiding 10PM EST Friday/Saturday night. Presently mostly-full, but I think when Black Desert Online comes out and other games things do change up.

The older large more hardcore guilds are in the positions they are in because of the way players housed within said guilds treated newer/lesser skilled players.

There are still several guilds with healthy populations, even if a part of those populations are learners.

While progression guilds scorned these players, other guilds welcomed new blood and trained them. Some stayed, some didn't. It is natural in any game, but to say across the board the community is shrinking at anything other than an average rate is silly.

Also account for time of year, when ALL aging games such as AoC slows down.

The raid nerfs were needed, but they for sure went overboard on a few of the encounters.
    Last edited by Thunderclese; 21st February 2016 at 06:30.

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    Once again I returned to my favourite game and once again I will leave soon...
    Just curious if the guild you are applying to at the moment is aware of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderclese View Post
    The older large more hardcore guilds are in the positions they are in because of the way players housed within said guilds treated newer/lesser skilled players.

There are still several guilds with healthy populations, even if a part of those populations are learners.

While progression guilds scorned these players, other guilds welcomed new blood and trained them. Some stayed, some didn't. It is natural in any game, but to say across the board the community is shrinking at anything other than an average rate is silly.

Also account for time of year, when ALL aging games such as AoC slows down.

The raid nerfs were needed, but they for sure went overboard on a few of the encounters.
    I think what i will never understand in online games is the "need" from devs to change the software, rather than expand the product. Here, instead of adding an "easy" mode chooseable by the player, while keeping a normal and hardcore mode with different (does not need to be "more powerfull", can be simply MORE) rewards, they changed older content (where older devs or their older selfs had reasons to design it so probably). Can it really be so hard to implement choice? And please do not bring the "population would be divided" argument. It is not the same population at the time in question that will do old and "new improved" content. Thinking that logic through, you would end up with a very linear tiered game. Not every player likes it, variety is good, even if it is just optics.

Most of the problem with the guilds who didn't get past bosses pre-nerf had the common problem of not being able to tell the friends they raid with that they aren't good enough on their class and should play something less demanding. We've all seen the Priests of Mitra and Bear Shamans that are under Guardians on damage done. Babarians that cannot excel in AoE fights, or ToS that don't use Storm Field. The biggest problem is often tanking, and if these same horrible players are maintanks for their guilds on T5 and T6 they won't ever never get those encounters on farm either.

If you got the tanking sorted and a RL who can make groups effective through synergies, all of the game is beatable if enough determination and persistence comes through. All encounters are built on "do this, avoid stuff, don't do that" and in the end boss dies.. Removal of mechanics don't make better players! Sensible nerfs to mechanics makes people learn to handle them at a less punishing rate.

If someone suck at their class and keeps being unable to do their job in a raid properly, educate them to get better! I have played with tanks that don't know difference of protection and physical fights, that don't know how to use Goad or Dread Shadows, that don't know the importance of a good combo rotation and weight of stats on gear. These guys are the reason why guilds are stuck on progress and sometimes the hard thing is needed to be done for the greater good of a guild.

Raids that could not do Zodiac or Emperor before nerf, can never get past Vistrix in his current state.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast