Thread: Map location off screen, is it possible to reset map position?

Default Map location off screen, is it possible to reset map position?

I keep having this issue with the map. About 2yrs ago I logged into one of my toons on a high res pc (not my pc and I don't have access to that pc no more) for some reason the map position is somewhere at the bottom right screen, I can only see just a fraction of the map when I click to open it.
    Is there any option to reset map location/position somewhere in data folder/pref xml? I can't find any info about map position/location. I have this problem only on one toon, rest of toons map shows Ok.

Change to a smaller resolution, and then change it back to normal.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Thanks for your input but it's not working. I think the map was changed at 2560x1440, my res now the highest is 1600x1200.

Quote Originally Posted by speedlix View Post
    Thanks for your input but it's not working. I think the map was changed at 2560x1440, my res now the highest is 1600x1200.
    By putting it very low.... it should mush everything together. So by putting it back to normal, it should be visible.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

this should be possible. Each character that you've logged into has a subdirectory and a Prefs_2.xml file stored inside it on your hard drive.

Inside that there's the following:

Code:
        <Archive name="MapWindowConfig">
            <Point name="window_pos" value="Point(700.000000,355.000000)" />
            <Point name="window_size" value="Point(512.000000,400.000000)" />
            <Float name="world_map_scale" value="0.000000" />
            <Float name="region_map_scale" value="0.000000" />
            <Point name="region_map_scroll_offset" value="Point(0.000000,-112.916504)" />
            <Point name="world_map_scroll_offset" value="Point(0.000000,0.000000)" />
            <Bool name="ShowWorldmap" value="false" />
            <Bool name="ShowLegend" value="false" />
            <Bool name="ShowBottomHeader" value="true" />
        </Archive>
    I'm assuming your "window_pos" co-ordinates are over 1000 each... setting them to under 500 each should solve your problem, if you edit them while the game is running so that they don't get overwritten immediately after character login.
    Last edited by Scaevacas; 6th January 2017 at 10:20.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly