Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of Coming back

Default Thinking of Coming back

So who ever knows me Hello,

Looks like this game is changed a bit and all this 4 gear and stuff. I just recently decided that I might come back Khalily ( Lvl 10 Guardian) I just have to go buy another Naga and get my binds practiced for a bit . How is the game going is there more PVP gear or is there more raid gear that will beat the pvp 10 level guardian gear. Will I get destroyed you think?

For you that don't know me.

I played AOC since launch and have over 40000 kills on my guardian and around 3250 deaths and got to level to without the use of Bori levels and mini-games only. Will I stand any chance ? how long till I can get the necessary gear to compete if any if available?

Any advice would be appreciated. Especially from people who know me from before thanks,

Regards,

nope at pvp 10 you good to play as guardian pending on server crom may be slightly more competitive due to raid gear/pvp gear mix but if you looking for a new buzz then no plain an simple wasted money resubbing for it to be spent on a bigger fail game
    Edit by Melcom: so not.

Quote Originally Posted by khalily View Post

Looks like this game is changed a bit and all this 4 gear and stuff. I just recently decided that I might come back Khalily ( Lvl 10 Guardian) I just have to go buy another Naga and get my binds practiced for a bit . How is the game going is there more PVP gear or is there more raid gear that will beat the pvp 10 level guardian gear. Will I get destroyed you think?

I played AOC since launch and have over 40000 kills on my guardian and around 3250 deaths and got to level to without the use of Bori levels and mini-games only. Will I stand any chance ? how long till I can get the necessary gear to compete if any if available?

Any advice would be appreciated. Especially from people who know me from before thanks,

Regards,
    They readjusted the pvp items a few years back. Soldiers are not even close to as OP as they were, they are still strong but they are not immortal when stacked as they used to be. The made some changes to Frenzy that affects Guardians reckoning DPS, and overall the pvp gear does not nearly offer as much protection as it did. You can still do well on a Guard, but it's not as easy as it used to be. They also made some changes to retributive damage abilities, I think you'll find the game more or less balanced better than what it was but of course every class can be OP in the right hands, played properly.

Barbs are very strong atm, as are casters and surprisingly HoX as well. Conq and Dt are still strong but no where as retarded as 2 years ago.
    Doomsayer 2008

Regards,
    If its true that you hav over 40k kils and only 3k deaths, then i dont even want you back.. people with those stats are self sentrick and do not take part in teamplay. But if this is a wrighting error where you have 30k deaths, then yor welcomešŸ˜‰
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Quote Originally Posted by Willd View Post
    If its true that you hav over 40k kils and only 3k deaths, then i dont even want you back.. people with those stats are self sentrick and do not take part in teamplay. But if this is a wrighting error where you have 30k deaths, then yor welcomešŸ˜‰
    Comon now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP5un5C8tD8
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    They readjusted the pvp items a few years back. Soldiers are not even close to as OP as they were, they are still strong but they are not immortal when stacked as they used to be. The made some changes to Frenzy that affects Guardians reckoning DPS, and overall the pvp gear does not nearly offer as much protection as it did. You can still do well on a Guard, but it's not as easy as it used to be. They also made some changes to retributive damage abilities, I think you'll find the game more or less balanced better than what it was but of course every class can be OP in the right hands, played properly.

Barbs are very strong atm, as are casters and surprisingly HoX as well. Conq and Dt are still strong but no where as retarded as 2 years ago.
    Ok where are these changes posted and what server are you on suctum?

Quote Originally Posted by Willd View Post
    Man willd, as far as i can remember when playing with your DT pvp10 in random and rather balanced games you always ended up with score like 20/1 or something, it's the soldier archetype in AoC allowing you to be both tank and dps. It doesn't matter which one of the soldiers however after the revamp conq became the most cheesy with over 30% base crit, 2 bubbles, instant self heal and over 50% mitigation/prot, let alone with pve weapons such as t3 craft blunt and their over the top crit ratio. Good player on a maxed tank while carrying flag can rack up a kill in two or three "lucky" crits combos while being ignored or taking an abnormal amount of damage before using bubble at 50% to safety. The B-A ba is just dont focus another tank unless you are assisted by your team or if he's killing your healer.

Would you say hybrid builds are being used more often obecause of these changes. i have been looking at the feat builds.. I saw the slight change to the pvp armour. Doesnt seem like any nerf except for this. But will see u ingame waiting for boxing day sale on naga. And my new pc will be ready 23 of December i been playing cs:go and having hiy global elite i am now bored.
    Last edited by khalily; 19th December 2015 at 11:15.

Would you say hybrid builds are being used more often obecause of these changes. i have been looking at the feat builds.. I saw the slight change to the pvp armour. Doesnt seem like any nerf except for this. But will see u ingame waiting for boxing day sale on naga. And my new pc will be ready 23 of December i been playing cs:go and having hiy global elite i am now bored.
    On pvp t3 armor you got an increase in damage to match pve t4 stats even if in practice pve t4 still has better crit ratio/dmg, they reduced protection by something like 100 per piece so on guard instead of 60% you might have 55%, but then they buffed defensive accessories so you can have your 60% back since only weapon damage matter it's not a problem specially if you have T3 craft with 152 DPS 150 crit rating AND 180 crit dmg you will still fatality clothies using dps accessories from 50% hp.

Other than that, they nerfed magic in frenzy effectively reducing reckoning crit in that stance that's it, conq OLP also died this way but BFC more than makes up for the loss as it's even more OP. I will not see you around if you ever come back to this game but wish you well.

Ok where are these changes posted
    The latest round of class revamps was part of Update 4.4, here:
    https://forums.ageofconan.com/showth...tober-8th-2014

PvP guards are relatively unaffected by the changes to the juggernaut tree of course, but reckoning was affected by the removal of the magic damage modifier on frenzy stance (which was mainly aimed at DTs).

Re hybrid builds, kalston (a very good guard) posted a build not long ago. I have no idea about guard, but here's the link:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=1#post2129654
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast