Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172737475 LastLast

Thread: Strange UI 2016

Default SweetFX disables DX10

Hey,

I've tried downloading this mod with SweetFX. However, after installing SweetFX, the option to choose DX10 is disabled. If I try running the DX10-exe i get an error. If I delete SweetFX DX10 is possible again.

Anyone know what is happening here?

Quote Originally Posted by dehlen View Post
    Hey,

I've tried downloading this mod with SweetFX. However, after installing SweetFX, the option to choose DX10 is disabled. If I try running the DX10-exe i get an error. If I delete SweetFX DX10 is possible again.

Anyone know what is happening here?
    Is it the same error mentioned in the last post here: https://forums.ageofconan.com/showth...UI-2016/page29

If so that also contains the fix & is the problem I ran into a few times when installing Strange UI + SweetFX

If not could you post an image or post what the error message says?

Quote Originally Posted by Roragar View Post
    Is it the same error mentioned in the last post here: https://forums.ageofconan.com/showth...UI-2016/page29

If so that also contains the fix & is the problem I ran into a few times when installing Strange UI + SweetFX

If not could you post an image or post what the error message says?
    I had the same error as post #290 on the page you linked to. After renaming the file i first got some weird behavior and crash, but after a restart everything seems to be working fine. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dehlen View Post
    I had the same error as post #290 on the page you linked to. After renaming the file i first got some weird behavior and crash, but after a restart everything seems to be working fine. Thanks!
    Glad it helped

If it starts to misbehave let me know so we can dig through for another fix

Currently, trying to download the Aoc UI installer using the link in the first post returns a Dropbox error

File not found
    Sorry, that file doesn’t live here anymore. It might have been moved or made private.

Cool Suggestions

Very well, I do not know if you accept suggestions, but I want to have the freedom to send some because this mod needs some improvements. I want to help in some way to improve this mod and that's why I have to do this. There are my suggestions:

1. The AOC_UI_Installer is required to have a version with only the executable (.exe). Because it is a small file, I find it unnecessary to have an installer for such a small file.

2. Certainly there are some players who prefer the traditional version of some items instead of changing everything such as: just want to change the key mapping and the map instead of changing everything.

3. The login screen has only 3 options: None, classes and Keaira. In the case of Keaira, there is one version with it topless and another not. I think the player should choose a login screen instead of a slide with the Keaira photo, mainly some wallpaper or artwork from the Funcom website. The same goes for the loading screen.

4. Speaking of the loading screen, I have some suggestions: 1. Normal; 2. this one; 3: this one And 4: Some images taken from the wallpeper and artwork from Funcom's website.

5. There are a lot of people who like the classic style of the loading screen, and my approach is to make a version of the logo have an old comic (or current) with some 2HE sword that is in the game. If you need a logo, just visit this website, type "Conan" and click Search.

6. Finishing: The map should show the location of the World Bosses because it will be useful to anyone who is looking for these displays for the first time.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post

By the way I would like to announce that the last update was the very last one. I won't release anything new.

I would like to thank you all for using Strange UI and for all your feedback and suggestions. Now it is time for my retirement.
    I wish you all the best and above all, I wish you to have fun.

MrClean
    @xyphas : link updated

@DoctorGreen

1. The AOC_UI_Installer is required to have a version with only the executable (.exe). Because it is a small file, I find it unnecessary to have an installer for such a small file.
    I'm afraid I don't understand.

2. Certainly there are some players who prefer the traditional version of some items instead of changing everything such as: just want to change the key mapping and the map instead of changing everything.
    Unfortunately Strange UI can't please everyone's tastes. I've tried to offer as many options as possible and that is the best I could do.

3. The login screen has only 3 options: None, classes and Keaira. In the case of Keaira, there is one version with it topless and another not. I think the player should choose a login screen instead of a slide with the Keaira photo, mainly some wallpaper or artwork from the Funcom website. The same goes for the loading screen.
    4. Speaking of the loading screen, I have some suggestions: 1. Normal; 2. this one; 3: this one And 4: Some images taken from the wallpeper and artwork from Funcom's website.
    Choose the no login screen option.
    Go to age of conan/data/gui/customized/gfx/launcher/
    Put your image in that folder and rename it nobg.png; replacing the existing file. It should do the trick

5. There are a lot of people who like the classic style of the loading screen, and my approach is to make a version of the logo have an old comic (or current) with some 2HE sword that is in the game. If you need a logo, just visit this website, type "Conan" and click Search.
    Once the UI is installed, Go to Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Aoc\Loading screens\gfx\loadscreens\ and replace all the images by the ones you want. Make sure to keep the same names.
    It also should do the trick

6. Finishing: The map should show the location of the World Bosses because it will be useful to anyone who is looking for these displays for the first time.
    Maybe ask Yorgomir for an update of the amazing customized waypoints mod.

Good luck.

Default Patcher Still Popping Up in Windows 10

Hiya,
    Just got a new rig with Windows 10, reinstalled AoC and everything Strange UI. Having done this before, I just did it, but the patcher keeps popping up. So I deleted the UI, let the game patch, exited out, and reinstalled the UI. Same problem. Oddly enough, I still have almost everything offered in Strange, my castbars, layout, waypoints, etc, but I don't have hyborian text scripts, and after I log out then back in, the emotes window goes to default.
    Any thoughts on how to fix this?
    Thanks!

PS: Yes, aoc.exe is activated
    Croniclese-HoX
    Croniclette-ToS
    Cronhotep-Necro
    Chronlund-Ranger
    Chronster-Guard
    Kronfuwei-Bear
    Chronlin-Barb
    Kojira-Demo
    Theodwayne-DT
    Kronuckles-Conq
    Kronfuyu-Sin

Default Missing flashbars

Is the problem with the missing flashbars dealt with already?

Would be possible to use this ui for 4k?
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."