Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouse Bindings

Default Mouse Bindings

Sorry if this is the wrong place, wasn't sure which category to put this in

I just got a Razer Naga, was just curious what people with similar mice use the extra buttons for.

I thought about using it for weapon swings and freeing up keyboard for just movement and combo starters, of course I tried it and it feels clunky but maybe it gets better with practice

Any suggestions / recommendations would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by glorystain View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place, wasn't sure which category to put this in

I just got a Razer Naga, was just curious what people with similar mice use the extra buttons for.

I thought about using it for weapon swings and freeing up keyboard for just movement and combo starters, of course I tried it and it feels clunky but maybe it gets better with practice

Any suggestions / recommendations would be appreciated
    As a Conqueror i use it for micromanagement. Stance, banner, cunning deflection, rend etc.

I feel like a mouse like that helps more on classes with more keybindings. Like if you play BS with mantifestions, bubble, heals, runes, and all that weird stuff they got, then you appriciate mouses with numpad on.

I personally use 1,2,3 buttons for an attacks directions for a melee charasters and for CC abilities for casters.
    Very, very, very useful tool.

In standart way u often must press at the same time following buttons:

1. Movement direction.
    2. Attack direction.
    3. Sprint.
    4. Jump.

It is hard to do it at the same time and keep good movement.
    But when a direction of your attacks is on mouse it is easy.
    I personally also change a jump button to my mouse middle button. And sprint to space button. Best choise as for me.

4,5,6 buttons for antiCC and weapon switch.

7,8,9 for supportive skills like energy burst, protective runes or something.

Button №11 for Exellent Balance for rogues or any save ability for others.

Buttons 10,12 - do not use. Not conveniently for me.

The key is standartization. When u have the identical buttons on any class - it is easy to play, coz you not think about buttons and can be concentrated on game.

I use the thumb buttons for abilities or spells.

For combos I use keys, but I rebound a lot of keys. I use R, F, V, C, X, Z, T, G, B (keys close to WASD) for combos, and I keep using 5 and 6 for abilities I don't use very often.

On the Naga, on my soldiers, I use 2 and 3 for Frenzy and Defensive, 5 for the ability I will spam on that class, like Hellfire Breath on hox or Overpower on barb, and the rest for big buffs or whatever. For PvP on rogues I use 1-3 for the anticc I will use a lot like Excellent Balance.

I don't use all the buttons though. 7 and 11 I never use, and 9 rarely.
    Last edited by Patoson; 6th September 2016 at 09:22.

Swap weapon and TAB target on buttons 4 and 5.
    Rest is for combo starters/buffs etc

Non essential features remain on keyboard.

PS: one good tip is to use the ALT key to get more keybind possibilities.
    E.G.: for me, key 1 strats my main combo. ALT +1 is my magic bubble.
    Last edited by MisterClean; 6th September 2016 at 12:53.

Contol and shift to use with hotkey presses, tripling the number of hotkey options (1-0, cntl + 1-0, shft + 1-0)

Double tap movements.

Tab for target select.

Don't much use 1,2,3, as out of reach for my thumb.
    Last edited by GeneralFear; 6th September 2016 at 14:00.

They're useful for all my spells, As a melee toon i would use them for combo starters. Like not binding the combo sequence to the keys in macro form or anything but binding the combo itself, So i hit a key and the sequence gets going then i use the directional arrows to finish. Makes it convenient especially since I also use a razer orb weaver keypad. I love the razer naga but i absolutely hate that the wireless function is pure garbage ( I have a hybrid model). So I am stuck with this ghastly wire on my desk. I know people have a strong aversion to gaming with wireless but I have an even stronger aversion to unsightly wiring.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

So it's not about rodent bondage then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    So it's not about rodent bondage then.
    "Oh." Hamster puts down Acheronian culture armor.

So far I've left my Naga at the default bindings for the first 10 buttons, and used the others for "panic buttons" (Pots, etc.)... Probably not the most efficient usage but at least I can remember it Good thought to bind the keys to categories of actions though as Aett mentions, I will give that some thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    They're useful for all my spells, As a melee toon i would use them for combo starters. Like not binding the combo sequence to the keys in macro form or anything but binding the combo itself, So i hit a key and the sequence gets going then i use the directional arrows to finish. Makes it convenient especially since I also use a razer orb weaver keypad. I love the razer naga but i absolutely hate that the wireless function is pure garbage ( I have a hybrid model). So I am stuck with this ghastly wire on my desk. I know people have a strong aversion to gaming with wireless but I have an even stronger aversion to unsightly wiring.
    Seek expensive psychological help. Your first world problems can be overcome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast