Thread: I can't find no other mmo like AoC

Default I can't find no other mmo like AoC

All mmos are anime style,korean grinders...look at Black desert online....look at Final Fantasy Online...ESO...Citadel...

No other mmo is as deep,brutal,gritty,with that good combat...

I try but I cant find other mmo being the same.

Graphics are fantastic too. Resahde and 4k and looks awesome. Well terrain textures look outdated.

The only interesting mmo seems is gonna be Ashes of Creation?

I like Conan Exikes too,but as you know it is not an mmo.
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

I just started playing Secret World Legends and well... I just can't get back into AoC anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagro View Post
    All mmos are anime style,korean grinders...look at Black desert online....look at Final Fantasy Online...ESO...Citadel...

No other mmo is as deep,brutal,gritty,with that good combat...

I try but I cant find other mmo being the same.

Graphics are fantastic too. Resahde and 4k and looks awesome. Well terrain textures look outdated.

The only interesting mmo seems is gonna be Ashes of Creation?

I like Conan Exikes too,but as you know it is not an mmo.
    Well, AoC is everything else but not deep, except the lore maybe.

Yes there are cool fatality animations but that is it.

The combat is still unique, combo guide, spellweave, but very clunky and oldschool with this mixed kind of style compared to the today's standards the fully action combat, what brings you closer to the fight.

The graphics is pretty ok compared to others, but it is on 2008-2010 years level, with crappy pixels way below the todays 2K, 4K standards.

You cannot do anything else in the game like raiding and dungeons and a few pvp and nothing more. There is no crafting, no gathering, no housing system, no trading, and I could continue the list, but there is nothing you can do only these few things. The end-game is currently T6 and maybe T5, after these you can only do Raid Finder, Slithering Chaos and Pit Master Arena from dusk till dawn, and the game stops here unless you want to chase the achievement points. There is no further progression no harder dungeons and raids what you could not do with your T4 gear. The Raid Finder is killed all other raid from the nerfed T4 below, which were the only social, pug oriented activity with a massive crowd. Becuase of the easy T4 loot, the whole Khitai area is dead, and pointless to farm, what earlier gave an advanced level of dungeon experience about the game for the new players for the later game. The World Boss is killed all other raids from T2 below. The item shop changes are killed the T3 raid completely. I am not sure but I think you can buy PVP armor sets from the shop too, and maybe if you are lucky enough you can randomly get a T5 item from loot boxes too. This is called Pay to Win.

The population of the game is about 1/100's compared to the top 5 most popular mmo's that you have already mentioned and it is slowly decreasing year by year. The mmo genre has changed enormously during the years, while AoC has changed a very little, and has not followed the market place changes. The bugs are still there from the launch. The server is terrible. The game is very laggy, the client is still crashing. The support is gone.

You like it or not, but the Korean games are the most advanced mmo's in the market place today. Yes they have another kind of style, but they have a huge advantage compared to the western ones. In the graphics, in the systems, in the gameplay, in the cash shop, you can throw stones on me, but AoC is nowhere compared in these. Only one thing is still keeping AoC alive, the enthusiasm of the players.

I do not know much about Ashes of Creation, than it has high hopes and promises until you start to pay, but it seems it is far away from Conan's world.

Yes Conan Exiles is a different thing. The grapchics is pretty cool, but the animtaions and the movement is far worse than AoC still has. The combat system is dull which is typical of this genre. I heared there are a lot of bugs which is typical how Funcom does.
    Last edited by Vyky; 28th August 2017 at 15:38.
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

Quote Originally Posted by Vyky View Post
    Yes there are cool fatality animations but that is it.

You cannot do anything else in the game [except] raiding and dugeons and a few pvp and nothing more. There is no crafting, no gathering, no housing system, no trading, and I could continue the list, but there is nothing you can do only these few things.
    Pretty much this.
    Last edited by krippa; 29th August 2017 at 18:17.
    Retired / 2010-2016

Ah yes. Thanks for the correction.
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /