Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The restrictions forced on people being transfered from RAGE to FURY thouugh no fault of thier own

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Wait... You're level 58? Back in my day you would be able to afford the donkey horse at around lvl 60 (1g).. And you're literally crying you cant carry over gold you possibly shouldnt be able to have as a lvl 58.
    Hahaha awesome! I am level 58 and earned my 8480 Gold fair!!1!

Default So is there now another restriction on subscribing players I wasn't aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Wait... You're level 58? Back in my day you would be able to afford the donkey horse at around lvl 60 (1g).. And you're literally crying you cant carry over gold you possibly shouldnt be able to have as a lvl 58.
    I shouldn't be able to have as lvl 58??? as far as I'm aware, SUBSCRIBING PLAYERS have no restriction on how much gold they can carry, NO MATTER THE LEVEL. F2P people have a restriction to 10G or at least that was the restriction I was aware of.

So, why shouldn't I have it at lvl 58? I pay for my sub so why shouldn't I be able to have it? Please explain your line of thinking on this.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDawgPryde View Post
    These are actual sales made TODAY.....
    Holy c**p. Those pets would sell for a total of what, 50G (probably much less) on Crom right now? The only reason you have made so much gold on Rage is because that gold was created through exploits. They duped items, then sold them to vendors to make a ton of gold. They then gave you tons of their exploited gold to get actual usable items. The reason those pets sold in the past day is because that exploited gold is useless, but your pets aren't as they can bind them for use after the transfer.

This is why there is a 20G cap. If Funcom allowed all that exploited gold off of the server, they would absolutely eliminate the economies of both Crom and Fury.

If you were to have done the same thing on Crom, create a character that you don't play, but only farm the item shop for gold, you would have made a very small fraction of what you currently have. Without knowing exactly what items you got to sell on the trader, I would guess you *might* have around 1000G built up assuming you got a few legendaries in the first day or so of a Box being on the item shop and you sold it right away while prices were higher.

I am honestly very surprised Funcom is so lenient on letting items off of Rage. Everything that is bound to you goes with you, which is still really ridiculous, as that is easily exploitable and is allowing a ton of exploited items to leave Rage.

Edit:
    Pretty much everyone here on the forums, and I assume many in-game have known for years that if transfers off Rage were to happen, they would be severely limited. As such, any honest people who knew the state of the exploits on Rage would have stopped wasting their time and money on things like the Item Shop years ago. You have benefited from those exploits, and now you must suffer the consequences.
    Last edited by tapwater; 11th May 2016 at 15:10.

I just want to say that I was always unhappy with the exploiting and duping situation on Rage and that’s why I always petitioned the bugs, even the same bug several times. Still Funcom didn’t fix them and that on the one hand drove people away from Rage and on the other hand brought guys who only wanted to exploit. Both was hurting the server. I am a pvp player and I didn’t care for crafting, building cities or collect rare stuff and pets. I took over Kill or be Killed after the whole building the city was done years ago and we could stop our guild taxes for farming mats and gold for a long time, and I was happy to not have to deal with that kind of work. So, I feel sad to lose it now because of all the work and time we had put in it and because I know I will never build a new one. Although, I totally agree with Funcom to delete all the mats it still hurts to lose the city and I don’t see the problem with Fury getting like 12 new guild cities. That certainly won’t hurt the economy.

Furthermore, the limitation of 20 gold is outrageous. I don’t say to let people bring all their gold over to Fury, but every legit player on every server has way more than 20 gold. I think everything between 100 and 200 gold would be fair.

Finally, I really don’t understand the bad feelings towards us Rage players. I have been playing Rage for almost 5 years exclusively because I like the rule set the most and I hate the guards on Fury as well as all your hackers and mini afkers. You see, I didn’t play the server for any exploits; I did it just because it was the only way I think a game about Conan the Barbarian should be set up. We have many good people on Rage and to be honest, the most exploiters will go straight to Crom and will abandon their cities anyways, because we always tried to make their life on Rage to hell and farmed them on every map we could get hold of them. They will be happy to get away from the pvp.

In conclusion:
    - let premium players keep 100 - 200 gold
    - let us keep our guild cities
    - delete the mats as planned, because after 2-or-so years of these unfixed bugs it’s the right thing to do now

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    When I look at http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php?s=33 it's ALL bind on pick up. I think I remember some pets not being bind on equip at some point though?
    Some of the lesser common pets are Bind on Equip, so they can be sold for a few Silver on the Trader on Crom. But there is nothing that drops from the WB that can be sold for any sort of decent profit. I don't believe there ever was either except for during that first week when the vendor you could summon would sell you free crafted bags.

I shouldn't be able to have as lvl 58??? as far as I'm aware, SUBSCRIBING PLAYERS have no restriction on how much gold they can carry, NO MATTER THE LEVEL. F2P people have a restriction to 10G or at least that was the restriction I was aware of.

So, why shouldn't I have it at lvl 58? I pay for my sub so why shouldn't I be able to have it? Please explain your line of thinking on this.

You still just don't get it do you. It's not about not being allowed so much gold as subbed player, it is the manner in which this wealth was accrued. It has been accrued off the of back people who have violently exploited to the point Rage's economy is now beyond recognition in comparison to Fury or Crom.
    Last edited by Darm; 11th May 2016 at 15:20.

Just for giggles...I made a lvl 1 character on rage and ran through the island to check the trader. There wasn't much for sale.

pets: one pheasant for 15 silver, about 10 other pets for 1K gold each by one person.

Tradeskill: no purple things. Some resources that were priced higher than crom, some about the same

Very few things for sale otherwise though

Default All of the pets that came in the Hoard boxes are BOE, except for the wolf of Jarl

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Some of the lesser common pets are Bind on Equip, so they can be sold for a few Silver on the Trader on Crom. But there is nothing that drops from the WB that can be sold for any sort of decent profit. I don't believe there ever was either except for during that first week when the vendor you could summon would sell you free crafted bags.
    Every pet I have seen (and I've seen them all) that come from the Hoard Boxes are BOE, except for the wolf of Jarl one I think. even those "Legendary" Magma Dragon. If you don't believe me, go to trader, then companions, and type in Dragon. They are being sold on both Crom and Fury along with the epic pets ( even the combat ones) all of the rare pets, Greens etc etc

I wasn't exactly happy that the Magma Dragon was for sale on trader too. I have one on my Conq and I earned that from the WB and a portent token I used in the lottery boxes sold by the portent vendor.
    Last edited by DevilDawgPryde; 11th May 2016 at 16:31. Reason: Typos

Default If they abused the system, then they should lose their gear and their gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Darm View Post
    You still just don't get it do you. It's not about not being allowed so much gold as subbed player, it is the manner in which this wealth was accrued. It has been accrued off the of back people who have violently exploited to the point Rage's economy is now beyond recognition in comparison to Fury or Crom.
    Oh I get it quite clearly. People abused a system, and they were allowed to do it for YEARS apparently with no punishment. I use the system as it was suppose to be used and I get punished as well. Guilt by unintentional association. Your comment brings to mind that I'm guilty of using a $20 if I got that from one store as change and when I go to use it at another store I find out it's a counterfeit. Am I guilty of Counterfiting even though I didn't make the $20 nor have any hand in creating the counterfeit?????

People knew it was happening, the ADMINS knew it was happening, yet it was allowed to continue. I'm involved because I bought and sold some BOE gear and other items ON THE TRADER SYSTEM and now I have to lose a very large portion of it because of the counterfeiters. I can accept the lose I suppose but WHEN ARE THE DAMN PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE GOING TO BE HELD ACCOUTABLE AND PUNISHED.

Simple solution, find the Perps who created this whole fiasco and PERMINANTLY BAN HAMMER THEM. Their whole account. END OF DISCUSSION PERIOD. They were the ones making these dupes. and selling them to other players. These people broke the rules, they caused this all to happen. LET THE BAN HAMMER OF CROM COME DOWN ON THEM Remove all of this ill begotten gear from everyone and BAN HAMMER those responsible for creating this situation in the 1st place..

Problem solved. No Duped gear or materials gets to Fury, or Crom, no hacky *******s either and everyone is happy. The crime is SOLVED and the Perps are punished. If they abused the system before, they'll do it again so PERMI BAN THEM

If I'm going to lose my Money, my resources and my gear that I got in what I thought was a legal fashion, then the dupers should lose their accounts FOREVER because they created this situation in the 1st place.

Oh and a refund of the FC points I spent on Rage would be nice too, Jus sayin
    Last edited by DevilDawgPryde; 11th May 2016 at 16:54. Reason: Typos

Oh and a refund of the FC points I spent on Rage would be nice too, Jus sayin
    Thats actually the closest thing to reality you can suggest to Funcom. However it says in the Terms of Service that Funcom are not responsible for loss of anything related to your account.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast