Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition To Reduce Subscription Cost.

Default Petition To Reduce Subscription Cost.

Okay this might sound a bit odd with the fact that AOC needs every little bitt that it can get to keep going.

Funcom after all this time your ability to keep up with the demands the community of Age of Conan wants.
    Your marketing team or billing team really need to revise on Time vs cost.

A good example to those of you on the AOC team would you walk into a consignment shops and expect to pay full retail on something used.
    Or A used car would your dealer expect you to pay the same price for used as you would pay new. Probably not.
    So cutting to the point. Age of Conan really is not new. An the content you guys put out is very time consuming on your end and you expect the players
    to stay in a game where they may have grinded out hours of gear on a few characters already. Than you expect that your In-game shop is doing well and
    it selling things. An now recently you release very little content and expect to make 15 bucks.

I am surely not going to renew my subscription and pay for new content and 15 usd is just to much for what you produced. But that is my opinion. If your going to be charging for new content when it
    comes out. That seems by other post not the way to go.

As for me I find subscriptions just way to much after playing for years. An on a personal opinion yes I love playing age of conan. But now it just matter off choice and really my choices are I play when I feel
    I want to pay the subscription cost. An that maybe the same for others. If the subscription cost was cheaper. Lets Say 7.99 a month. I am not looking at the sub cost. But cutting in possible by 15% or 1/2
    could possibly sell off better.

I know every company works differently. But your partner with EA for TSW and When their origin client messes up. Just for the inconvenience they reward their player with 15% off to their next purchase.
    Age of conan Maybe a MMO and your marketing may be how it works in the MMO thoughts. But if you look at your competitions selling tactics. What would you do to keep money flowing. With this recent content
    release 15 dollars even though you can play it after payment. Why has that not happen with ROTGS. We all payed for that. You have ill tactics to sell your game and they do you more harm then Help.

I can only hope someone there at Funcom Marketing get a bit wise and tires to stop pulling in every last dollar and get smart. See that reduction on prices could sell more subscriptions and you can only hope Vets see the
    reduce prices and if they are good enough. You could draw back old community to do Content on toons they never played. From my Opinion. I feel prices is a bit much for a game with slow content production.

Exclamation

I would like to add that the payment should be the same for everyone.

Why some people pay 15$, some pay 15 Euros and some pay 30 PLN?
    These amounts are not the same. And they should be.

Every custommer should have the same priviledge to pay the same amount of cash no matter where he is from.

!

Quote Originally Posted by Avernalis View Post
    I would like to add that the payment should be the same for everyone.

Why some people pay 15$, some pay 15 Euros and some pay 30 PLN?
    These amounts are not the same. And they should be.

Every custommer should have the same priviledge to pay the same amount of cash no matter where he is from.

!
    Are u trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    Are u trolling?
    I am not. Why should I?

That's the difference with payment depending on your account type.
    Accounts from US have payment in dollars, EU accounts have payment in Euros, PL accounts in PLN, and probably RUS accounts in their currency (not sure bout that).

And comparing all the payments, depending on the account the amount of money is different.

Realistically, it's not going to happen. The sub price has been the same forever. AoC is not going to change as much as we all would want. There likely won't be any more playfields but smaller (and hopefully better quality) bite sized packs like recently. The crafting update may one day appear as will the Palace. I seem to remember quieter times than this where nothing happened at all not even Wb's.
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Frankly, i don't feel the price for a subrsciption is too high, i even consider it rather low for an ideal game in which there's proper content addition on a periodic schedule.

Now in AoC, where Funcom does nothing unless their lives depend on it, the issue is not about the subscription existence or price, but about funcom pulling their **** together and startintg to take care of their products.

So in the end, if AoC get no content addition, then the very existence of subrsciption is a scam. But if AoC get some content properly made, like cetriss, crafting revamp, PvP T4 and the slithering chaos, then i have no problem with the current model.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Frankly, i don't feel the price for a subrsciption is too high, i even consider it rather low for an ideal game in which there's proper content addition on a periodic schedule.

Now in AoC, where Funcom does nothing unless their lives depend on it, the issue is not about the subscription existence or price, but about funcom pulling their **** together and startintg to take care of their products.

So in the end, if AoC get no content addition, then the very existence of subrsciption is a scam. But if AoC get some content properly made, like cetriss, crafting revamp, PvP T4 and the slithering chaos, then i have no problem with the current model.
    Since the servers have moved, the quality of the game has objectively been reduced too. Same with the layoffs. So a reduction is definitely justified.
    But i agree with you, in the way that i do not think the subscription price is the problem. To subscribe to ANYTHING, i need to find it worthwhile in the first place (e.g. like the product). Here enough still seem to do it (and it has some great points no other mmo or even actual crpg can offer). Second, i need to have the money to spare (to be able to handle a bunch sub price) and deal with addiction problems. I can not judge who falls into this category, neither can funcom marketing. Third and most importantly, you have to trust the company. First trust factor is economic: In this a MMO is a bit like a kickstarter or patreon project. If that trust is gone and you do not think they respect your money to put enough of it back in the game, a sub is not your payment model. You might still resub for a good offer or to achieve a certain goal though. The second trust factor is personal: If you get mishandled or insulted by bad customer service, corrupt gms or abusive friends from gms, if you get banned without justification, eplanation or option to correct a false ban or like recently in AoC: if you get tricked by false appearing advertising and repeteadly misinformation and promises. Once people take this personal, they will only stay ingame for their friends and contacts and rarely sub.

Bottom line: THere need to be alternatives between subbing and not playing. Valid alternatives...that are healthy for the game as well as giving the customer true options of how they want to handle payment. A reduction in sub cost can help a bit as well and help in getting some lost reputation back for putting honesty over greed. And i do not think they will earn even less by doing so.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 28th May 2015 at 13:06.

A reduction really won't make much difference you will bitch if a game isn't as you'd like if you paid £3/month instead of £6/month. Now if they could put it up to £9/month but release monthly content I suspect that would actually make ppl happier.
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Sub is already cheap, especially if you go with the annual subscription with 45% discount. It is a really good deal if you ask me and I don't see the reason for it to be even cheaper...
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Hum... i don't subscribe often (yes there goes khitai)! The way i see it, its p2p and full content or f2p/b2p and b2p extra content (TSW model). Both, no way. And yes i think 15 bucks are too much to sub AoC. The standard (WoW) has (much) more to offer and doesn't charge that! And unlike AoC, is constantly being fueled with new content!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast