Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ethram Fal

Funcom

Feel free to post further feedback on this encounter here. I'd love to hear how guilds are faring; especially if it's a guild that was having trouble before the update.
    FuncomMussagana
    Designer
    Twitter: @Mussagana

Age of Conan Website

Quote Originally Posted by Mussagana View Post
    Feel free to post further feedback on this encounter here. I'd love to hear how guilds are faring; especially if it's a guild that was having trouble before the update.
    We'll be on Ethram on Monday, we'll give you some feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Mussagana View Post
    After 7 months somebody moved? Oh guys you are fast!

As I mentioned my opinion before:

Sixth boss: Insanity comes from everywhere! Top of the stupidity. Plant, kill, run, avoid. Do it again, and again, and again. For about 15 mins. FCs greatest fight ever! With a lot of bugs of course, start with the door texture bugs. Which I think is still not patched.

It should just delete the whole boss, and give a free loot box at the end of the room, with the unfinished weapon sets of course what you made.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Question of the day award goes to "Anubium"!

I too would really like to know this. Make it on par with difficulty and fight time with the other bosses in T6. It's no longer a sense of prestige, just make it doable for the average T6 raider.
    It is not about the avarage T6 raiders. The boss has a lot of random bugs, when you get the seed or mortar with affliction, right after you get the poison cloud, because you cannot move while the buff on you otherwise you get stun, you get instantly killed. That is nice thanks FC! Where can we talk about avarage like this?!
    Last edited by Anzu; 16th June 2016 at 08:09.
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

are you sure you really know what you're talking about? because the only stun in this fight is if you get hit by a brain explosion, but in that case, you can't be targeted by affliction...
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 16th June 2016 at 07:14.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    are you sure you really know what you're talking about? because the only stun in this fight is if you get hit by a brain explosion, but in that case, you can't be targeted by affliction...
    Edit by Anzu: Keep it civil.

If you are satisfied with the current end-game state, then why are not you just get the loot, sit down on Khemi stairways, take some selfies with tourists, with your fully geared char and enjoy the brilliant item shop?!
    Last edited by Anzu; 16th June 2016 at 09:33.
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

what does the item shop have to do with ethram-fal? looks like you're a bit confused...

anyway, to get back to the topic. as tronky said, the fight is a little different than it used to be, and a bit more predictable. the only problem is that people can still get both seed and fixation at the same time, and it should be fixed.
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 16th June 2016 at 09:40.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Still you need to deactivate the NPC tags in your interface options to counter the lag issues.

Particles on the lotuses help a bit, but they are too faint to be visible because the room is still too dark.

Major issue:

Not sure if its intended or not, but at the moment, both vicious seed and fixation come exactly at the same time, which means one player can get both. Yes, this was happening before changes, BUT back then, there was a few second difference between those two buffs, so you could have planted the seed and still have 3-4 seconds to quickly run over to live lotuses and kill them. Difficult? Yes. Still doable? Very much. But as of now, both come at exactly same time, so your only option is to kill some live lotuses with fixation and at the same time plant a new lotus right next to them, which obviously results in immediate wipe. I mean seriously, how hard is to make these 2 buff mutually exclusive so 1 player cant get both.

Minor issue:

Whats up with the new particle effect on live lotuses? First of all, its exactly the same as when living lotus bombs are spawning particles, which adds to even more distraction to already complicated fight, not the mention its like the 4th green particle effect of this fight, couldnt you make it red for expamle? That would make it A LOT more visible, not mention it would make much more sense since the fixation is also red, so you know, red to red.

Correct me if im wrong, but it looks like dead lotuses have black particles on them now. Why? The black color in very dark room makes them almost invisible, also why even give them any particles at all? I mean, whats the point? Just keep it simple, live lotuses = particles -> bring fixation shinny lotuses, thats all. Not to mention with few dozens dead lotuses in later stages of the fight, it can add to the server issues and fps drop we already experience.

Anyway, we killed it on our like 4th try yesterday with no one dead and few new ppl, so I guess its easier now, at least for us, but not sure if the issues described above wont screw the other guilds, which havent killed it yet, even more.
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin

So apparently the boss still has issues.

Funcom, just disable all mechanics and make it world boss difficulty

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast