Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Funcom please merge Crom into Fury

AoC PvP servers have little meaning in a mostly PvE game.

Open world PvP is disturbing for most of the remaining player base for good reason.

If Fury server must dissapear let it be so.

I was never a PvP-pro but must say that all my best moments in AoC were in PvP servers.
    Does anyone really think that a good PvP guild can not do PvE raids and dungeons because they are full of ganking idiots? The best players I have known understood PvE as a rather easy activity necessary to deal with the major AoC challenge: sieges and guild PvP wars.

Of course that was the first 2 years of AoC. Expansions came and the game turned to PvE goals more and more. And the game became more dull and boring, nevertheless the new dungeons. We just needed blue equipment to beat each other having fun doing so.

AoC PvP is crippled due to no guild PvP goals.

I wonder how the new players can realize the struggle of building a guild city in a PvP server, getting a battlekeep and defend your guild status along the menaces of the hyborian world. PvE repeatitive activities cannot match those kind of feelings.

What Funcom did for PVP the last half year has been great and very much needed. It just feels like came too late, way too late. The PVP festival requires a good population to field competitive guild rivalry.

And with the remaining PVP'ers hording into very few guilds there is basically no competition at all.

One of reasons for creating ranger on Fury: I can't find ANY target for gank in Northern Grasslands.

Of course, good PvP can do PvE raids, may be even better when some PvE guilds. Depend on guild style, core players and RL. But. On same time, PvP guild cover cheaters, channel trash talkers and rage kids who spam people in private chat during mini-games. And such people ruin everything around them. That's why PvP server can't be effective. Of course, some people LOVE such atmosphere. But how long you can enjoy it? Months? Years? Sooner or later, they get bored and move away to pure PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by nikepilas View Post
    AoC PvP servers have little meaning in a mostly PvE game.

Open world PvP is disturbing for most of the remaining player base for good reason.
    AoC PvP is crippled due to no guild PvP goals.

I wonder how the new players can realize the struggle of building a guild city in a PvP server, getting a battlekeep and defend your guild status along the menaces of the hyborian world. PvE repeatitive activities cannot match those kind of feelings.
    nicely written, indeed something wich should be implemented is guild vs guild systems, something wich would fit in quite nicely in aoc, and actualy existed in rp-pvp servers .

pug minigames killed guild coesion for pvp purposes; but thats off topic.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    Same old story with zatochi posts. Why dont you try to be constructive instead of trolling and injuring? maybe because you dont play aoc since a long time?
    trolls have to troll.
    Maybe becauseyour idea is just stupid and arrogant. just maybe.

and i play aoc, have a active account. dont worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraithborn View Post
    To many damn people acting like whiny spoiled little babies on this game.

Man, come on....Conan would be ashamed and embarrassed....
    ....that there is a PvE server to start with.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Fury is in bad shape, but it's just because the vast majority of PvP'ers came to Crom at a point or another.

The reason they did it in the first place was because Fury was losing too many players too fast.

So from where i stand, it seems rather conclusive that PvP servers do not work.

And we can't even blame PvP content, classes, gear and such anymore, because all those issues have been addressed by Funcom this year.
    Yet, PvP servers remain empty and even keep losing players.

So maybe the PvP rulesets are bad, maybe most players don't want non consensual PvP, but i have a better hypothesis.

I think in the early days many players rushed in AoC like lemmings do, because when a new MMO appears, the horde of MMO addicts rushes it, it's just the way it is, even if the said MMO does not really suit them, they just do it because what they enjoy is not the game itself, but the feeling of playing with thousands of players.

Those lemmings though, rather sooner than later, give up on their fresh brand new MMO and jump to the next one, and the population remaining is made of the players that actually enjoy the game for what it is.

So when people say AoC at the start was successful because it was a PvP game, it is actually plain wrong and delusional. It has nothing to do with PvP but everything to do with the fact that AoC back in time was new and benefiting from the lemmings initial rush.

Thus, PvP in AoC has never ever been successful at all, not even remotely. And the constant trend making the PvP servers becoming emptier over the years shows that.

That wall of text is meant to the PvP'ers who still believe in the idea that PvP in AoC is the holy graal : stop it, if you want massive PvP, go to the newer MMOs, even if they're crappy, this is where you will find the masses of lemmings you're looking for.

As for merging Crom into Fury, what a moronic idea. The PvE ruleset in AoC has proven it's the only one working on the long term.
    I would also add that allowing PvP'ers to transfer to PvE servers was a big fat mistake over the years, it effectively killed several servers, simply because PvP'ers should remain on their servers where their retarded behavior only hurt themselves.
    Rage is a good example of that.

N.B. : i am aware some PvP'ers are decent normal persons.
    Yeah most of us aren't complete retards :[

Would be cool to see what Norther said. Fury players merged with Crom, no "open pvp" rule set, and Rage as the last one standing with new rules

Worst idea ever. Probably just trolling attempt than shouldn`t be taken seriously.
    Population is gone from PvP server PvE server is quite healthy. Merging Fury into Crom is equally bad idea because PvPers generally pollute and destroy everything thay touch; right now on Crom I am forced to remove global chat because of all trashtalk from Fury refugees and I avoid PUGS because chances of getting leeching incompetent PvPer with bad attitude are high.

Edit by Anzu: No need to provoke people.
    Last edited by Anzu; 31st July 2014 at 00:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahaqa View Post
    Worst idea ever. Probably just trolling attempt than shouldn`t be taken seriously.
    Population is gone from PvP server PvE server is quite healthy. Merging Fury into Crom is equally bad idea because PvPers generally pollute and destroy everything thay touch; right now on Crom I am forced to remove global chat because of all trashtalk from Fury refugees and I avoid PUGS because chances of getting leeching incompetent PvPer with bad attitude are high.
    +1 /10char
    Last edited by Belch; 31st July 2014 at 04:16.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    ....that there is a PvE server to start with.
    ...a prime example of the mentality I was speaking of.
    "If eyes are the mirror of the soul, you will see yourself...as I see you."

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast