Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conan Exiles

Been playing AoC from 2008 (with a short break at the start due to the buggy launch) and had a lot of fun. So hope Exiles is a success for Funcom.
    Don't you think it could mean that more people wants to try other Funcom and/or Conan games and discovers our little gem of a MMO as well.

Combat in Exiles looks so boring (I havent tried it myself only seen it streamed) but I have hopes that some ofh the positive e rings on the water from Exiles will splash over to us who still play AoC. For now I would be satisfied with some kind of letter explaining what is/is not going on.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Urfaust View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ConanExiles...320000_copies/

$6,720,000 earned alrdy,and buck's keep rolling.

Could you now funcom, FINALLY put some MONEY & EFFORT into Age of Conan,to get some NEW proper servers,NEW hardware, & add some NEW content? There's no past excuses now such as ''We really can't afford the cost of new better servers and hardware upgrade''.
    If you think the success of Exiles will mean anything good for AoC you're going to be disappointed.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    If you think the success of Exiles will mean anything good for AoC you're going to be disappointed.
    I guess you are right Evito. Unfortunately. But at least some more food for the hamsters to keep running at least mayhaps?
    Retired

My understanding is that the money earned from Exiles so far only recovers it's development costs up to now. Still going to take a lot to finish it and upcoming sales may or may not cover it.

Anyway, looking through some screenshots and such on Steam it's worth pointing out that people are doing some pretty incredible things with the building system. Seems very freeform with few limitations. Not something I care about but it may be appealing to the Landmark fans who got left high and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    My understanding is that the money earned from Exiles so far only recovers it's development costs up to now. Still going to take a lot to finish it and upcoming sales may or may not cover it.

Anyway, looking through some screenshots and such on Steam it's worth pointing out that people are doing some pretty incredible things with the building system. Seems very freeform with few limitations. Not something I care about but it may be appealing to the Landmark fans who got left high and dry.
    Yeah, The Sims 4 fans will be happy to discover that game!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Well, a friend pulled me into Exiles and I have to say I'm impressed and enjoying it a lot more than I would have thought. Though being on a server with greatly increased resource harvesting and a few other quality of life mods could be a lot of that. I can see where this would be absolutely brutal on a crowded pvp server as everyone competes for resources and tries to outright take them from others in a race for domination. I'd also say it captures the *survival* aspect of it very well though I've played nothing else to compare it to.

The physics are really nice and add a lot of immersion/realism though it's not quite 100% yet. Sooo much more to it than bouncing boobs and swinging dicks. Was initially put off by the combat but I'm beginning to see that it's deeper than was apparent at first glance. Seems you really do need to play in first person to make the most of it. Kind of meh on that but I'll stick with it, see what I can learn and if it grows on me. Very nice graphics but again not quite there yet in some regards. Overall remarkably smooth and bug free for me so far though I only started playing a few days ago.

Huge potential and it's nice to see they're putting Conan lore to some use rather than just slapping the name on it. Will be looking forward to seeing what they do with it in the coming year.

It is a fun game. You can get very creative. However there are a few jump exploits that allow people to wreck your base no matter how good the defense is. A lot of active patching though so I'll probably play it a little more once these get fixed.
    Cropt - Conq : Drighten - DT : Raquelx - Necro : Shockubad - Tos
    Stabubad - Sin : Fatpom - Pom : Isoldethora - Rangernoez
    Burnthecross - Hox : Ragnarvor - Barb

Quote Originally Posted by Cropt View Post
    It is a fun game. You can get very creative. However there are a few jump exploits that allow people to wreck your base no matter how good the defense is. A lot of active patching though so I'll probably play it a little more once these get fixed.
    Happen to know if those jump exploits still exist since the patch a week or two ago that supposedly fixed at least one? Definitely something to keep in mind when building a base.

Edit: Well, a quick google turns this up so apparently they do still exist.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/440900...8593382089116/

Though I suppose it's possible the patch yesterday addressed it without mentioning it.
    Last edited by Raeil; 3rd March 2017 at 15:22.

It was fixed yesterday, as mentioned in the patchnotes.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Are there customization options for existing items in the game already? (like enchanting a weapon, dyeing armor etc.)
    Can the appearance of the char changed ingame as in aoc?
    How much editing potential do private servers have? (mainly in editing spawn points of monsters, editing npc appearance/stats and placing them, dialogue creation and scripting)

Are there plans to make the next versions of CE available to non-steam users? (like via real shops or GOG or a non-steam download from funcom sites)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast