Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Update tomorrow? Saga?

I'm still hoping it's just a typo 8)
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    In case you don't know, crit rating is basically pure DPS for a DT, probably even better than pure DPS.
    I cant tell if youre trying to be funny or not
    Echotun - DT

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemer View Post
    I cant tell if youre trying to be funny or not
    A lot of procs from spells that can crit + more crit rating => higher amount of critical hits

high amount of critical hits + Void of Madness AA perk => high amount of Void of Madness buffs

high amount of Void of Madness buffs => a lot of additional damage, critical damage rating, magic damage, magic damage modifier and weapon damage

So yes, in conclusion, 4.1 points of raw DPS increase (which is roughly one legendary chaos gem with combat rating) would be a lot worse for a DT than 60 crit rating which is around 1.5% critical hit chance (when added to an already high crit chance which can be achieved by simply using khitai gear and an ibis sword). Add a potion to this and you got the current monster class that is a DT, you can outdps DPS classes while maintanking and if your crits land right with Blood Pact you can easily outheal a healer.

I am not trying to be funny in any way because this **** isn't funny, its pure bad design and shouldn't stay that way in any game... And to make this already bad situation even worse they added this gem.
    My DT has pretty bad gear, no fancy stuff (not even T4 gear) but seeing 2k damage crits coming up by simply spamming instant shadow hex and doing white hits (shadow hex proc chance) while getting almost no damage from a boss is simply stupid. I am not saying DTs shouldn't do any damage but when the DPS spec becomes the better option for tanking than the actual tanking spec then something went horribly wrong. I am not going to write more about this topic, it has been discussed for years now and nothing has or will change so there is no need to even talk about it.
    Last edited by xCodename; 16th January 2018 at 23:03.

A lot of procs from spells that can crit + more crit rating => higher amount of critical hits

high amount of critical hits + Void of Madness AA perk => high amount of Void of Madness buffs

high amount of Void of Madness buffs => a lot of additional damage, critical damage rating, magic damage, magic damage modifier and weapon damage

So yes, in conclusion, 4.1 points of raw DPS increase (which is roughly one legendary chaos gem with combat rating) would be a lot worse for a DT than 60 crit rating which is around 1.5% critical hit chance (when added to an already high crit chance which can be achieved by simply using khitai gear and an ibis sword). Add a potion to this and you got the current monster class that is a DT, you can outdps DPS classes while maintanking and if your crits land right with Blood Pact you can easily outheal a healer.

I am not trying to be funny in any way because this **** isn't funny, its pure bad design and shouldn't stay that way in any game... And to make this already bad situation even worse they added this gem.
    My DT has pretty bad gear, no fancy stuff (not even T4 gear) but seeing 2k damage crits coming up by simply spamming instant shadow hex and doing white hits (shadow hex proc chance) while getting almost no damage from a boss is simply stupid. I am not saying DTs shouldn't do any damage but when the DPS spec becomes the better option for tanking than the actual tanking spec then something went horribly wrong. I am not going to write more about this topic, it has been discussed for years now and nothing has or will change so there is no need to even talk about it.
    This is what he initially wrote "Im surprised to see crit rating instead of hit rating to be honest. Dont think more pure dps is good for the game."

What part of this made you think he wasnt talking about crit = more raw dps the whole time? :P
    Last edited by magnum92; 16th January 2018 at 23:43.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

I know
    Echotun - DT

Why negative reception for the gems ? People complain that the con gem is bad .. some complain crit gem is bad.. make up your mind people. Evito you hardly pvp.. yet you bitch about gems effecting pvp, just funny to me... Put huge negative effects on pvp side .. problem solved. People don't appreciate anything these days.
    Last edited by armatur; 17th January 2018 at 01:18.

Can a developer please say that these are the only gems to choose for these slots and none will be released near future. Would like to stop doing rf once the gems are done.

Agreed 100%.

A long, long time ago they did a Soldier DPS test over on testlive and there had to be some kind of target points for what makes a good mix between DPS and hate while keeping things fair for DPS. Surely, every DPS class played with equal competence should out damage a soldier especially when that soldier is tanking.

I don't even know what to say anymore. I don't know what Conqs are doing now with T6 and gems out the ass in every direction but I'm guessing pushing 2k with some consistency? I can't imagine what a DT does now. The whole VOM AA has to be the worst designed ability in a game as it has essentially steered the whole class in one direction, ruining choice, and made every single item choice leading from it down a worse and worse path. Not that I guess it matters, balance stopped a long time ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Keebler2 View Post
    Can a developer please say that these are the only gems to choose for these slots and none will be released near future. Would like to stop doing rf once the gems are done.
    T7 will be farmed in RF, legendary gear
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by armatur View Post
    Why negative reception for the gems ? People complain that the con gem is bad .. some complain crit gem is bad.. make up your mind people. Evito you hardly pvp.. yet you bitch about gems effecting pvp, just funny to me... Put huge negative effects on pvp side .. problem solved. People don't appreciate anything these days.
    Yeah not everyone sees pointless power increases with no new appropriate difficulty/engaging content to use them in and feeling too strong anywhere in the game as a good thing .Weird **** eh ?
    Sinqq - Elitist QQer

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast