Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyxx View Post
    Is the loyalty scheme retroactive?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    It starts from zero the moment the new system goes live. If you are subbed for 1 year past the date it goes live, you get all rewards tiers up to the 360 day tier. That is how it works for TSW, and I'm totally ok with that mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Krysthammer View Post
    if that were true I'm sure myself and others who are in my line of thinking would whole heartedly disagree with that....that would be P2W to the core

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer
    Was in a Khitai 6-man today and saw a fresh 80 (power-leveled) with a T5 chest that was pulled out of a royal-box. So they're out there.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan615
    There will always be those with more money than sense that will buy stuff like that, even with what apparently is a fairly poor drop rate.

While I personally think the buying gear, etc is stupid as all hell and disagree with, I do believe people are overreacting a bit.

I doubt the server will be infested with an overwhelming number of instant 80 wonders decked out in full T5 gear.
    Neither do i , but is about principles.
    Whats the point of actual progression when the biggest gimp can just buy Engame gear , without even playing the game.

But what bugs me most is that funcom has again shown their intentions with this game:
    Milk until the end

Suggestions ; Ignored . Suggestion thread is just an alibi thread.
    Bugfixing : What is that ?
    New content : **** that , you got an endless arena grind with eternal waiting times.

Then they give an "update" with a new store promoting it as a big deal . But in fact it looks like created on Win98
    And add a chance on getting top gear to it .
    Most players who buy that probably cant do anything except faster WB farming with it anyway .

But the annoying part is how funcom handles it .
    No proper updates , no communication , no real willingness to listen to players
    But making the game P2W - sure

Or maybe I am wrong and those arent the even the intentions of funcom and they DO care about this community.
    Maybe they are just the only ones , boneheaded enough to see it that way and cant understand why there is always an annual shitstorm.
    But there is usually a reason why Companies go bancrupt and ignorance and dilettantism is usually one of them
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    No.
    Ah thats a shame, I would agree with you the new mechanic would be fine but combined with the items introduced into the store & at those prices it just smells of cash grab.

Im not one of you that has been here since the beginning but even after a few years of subs & spending a bit of cash, being asked to pony up more after being loyal during some particularly drab days is a tad cheeky.
    I dread to think how I would feel after subbing for 8 years & it not counting as "loyal".

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyxx View Post
    Is the loyalty scheme retroactive?
    No but any time remaining on your sub will be converted into the new loyalty months. For example if we turned on the system tomorrow and you had 45 days left on your subscription then you would get the 30 day reward and the 60 day reward. Basically take the amount of time you have left, divide it by 30, and round up.
    Scott 'nophex' Junior
    Live Team Producer
    Funcom, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by nophex View Post
    We certainly want you to be a member so if there is something specific you want let us know and we can see if we can provide it for you.
    1. Remove t4/5 gear from shop and revert to old prices.
    2. FIX THE BUGS!!!!!

alo!!!!!! will you remove t4/t5 gear so we know if we cancel our subs or not?
    Last edited by sardanapal; 10th June 2016 at 20:02.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    1. Remove t4/5 gear from shop and revert to old prices.
    2. FIX THE BUGS!!!!!
    what T4/T5 gear are a few of you speaking of? the tokens under "legendary" drops from store boxes? cuz I don't see any T4/T5"gear" for sale in store

am I missing something?

No but any time remaining on your sub will be converted into the new loyalty months.
    Do you seriously believe you can flush some people's 8 years worth of subs down the drain and get away with it? I'm already offended on their behalf.

Also, with this update, you've turned me into one of those people who don't even play AoC but keep posting on the forums just to flame FC in general. Great job, 10/10.

Thumbs down

2) Why are you selling so much power in the store?
    There are two main reasons for this. The first is that raid participation has been decreasing over the past few years and we were receiving a lot of feedback from new players that they found it hard to get up to the point where they could contribute in the higher Tier raids. We wanted to make it easier for our newer players to catch up with people that had been playing since launch. The second is that we will be releasing the Raid Finder very soon and we want to make sure that the amount of people that participate in that is as big as possible. We have some pretty cool rewards lined up to give out with the Raid Finder so it is important for us that we have a large healthy community participating in it.

3) Why did some of the items in the store increase in price?
    The value of a lot of these items are new and their usefulness has been increased compared to the items in the old store. In addition, we will be giving out most of these items for free in the membership change update.
    Those two points are utter ********, FYI. The fact that its hard for them to get into higher raids is not gear issue, it is simply practice issue. Nobody wants someone in T5 or T6 raid that does not know how to play their toon or how to raid. Them having the gear from the store will only make it worse since then you take the person in the raid and then have to kick it when you see they cannot play at all. And then you end with the whole raid unhappy since it takes time to re-fill everyones time was wasted and the person who was kicked ends up more unhappy than he would have been in the first place.

The second point on the usefulness of the item, slightly higher combat and crit rating on the point does not dramatically change their usefulness. The price changes are in such way that it is doubtful that anyone will buy them on regular basis any more. Even if you were to totally drop all subs then I would still not buy crit pots now. And I was buying them for every raid and every 6 man. And even if you drop the price slightly then it would still be to much since they were already that expensive that there is no room for compromise of any sort on it. This all smells of that your marketing went through the store found things that sold the most, Elixirs and Rez pots and then decided they could tax that a lot more since it sells so well but not having a clue how their used.

For me to come back to the game after all this slap in the face (yes I did leave, first time ever I try another game) would probably take more than just reverting this awful update. (And note I been paying 2 accounts for many years, Elixirs combat and crit in every raid and 6 mans.

About fewer clicks on the item shop... there was already a Search box in the old version, which I used all the time. If some people didn't realise they could use that and instead they had to do a dozen clicks through all sections and subsections and scroll down/up then that's their problem, but this new shop, on top of having prices a lot more expensive and having less than 1/4th of what the old shop had, it doesn't have a Search box either. It reminds me of how Windows has evolved into "userfriendliness".