Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Update Process Did Not Complete Successfully"

Default "The Update Process Did Not Complete Successfully"

I've recently decided to return the the game(only been a few months, if that) Being probably 1 or 2 patches off the latest to date, however after trying to open the game it starts downloading a 17.9MB update labelled 'Downloading latest Age of Conan Update Manager', once that finishes it automatically gives me the message 'The Update Process Did Not Complete Successfully' - and i'm able to press 'Start' which only closes the patcher and leaves me with nothing.

Are there any known fixes to this problem? i've tried deleting specified RDB files - it also doesn't let me press the verify game files feature within the patcher - aside from that i've basically tried everything(found on the internet).

It could be a corrupt LocalConfig.xml file. This file tends to break often because there is no validation when Funcom starts their game.

Try the one I have inside this zip file. Extract the file into your Age of Conan folder. I hope this helps.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

isthisrealife.jpg it actually worked - thanks <3

Omg I love you Scaevacas. I was about to end my sub after days of frustrations... but you safed the game for me...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Changing this localConfig didnt solve my problem then i kept searching and found something, i deleted RDBHashIndex.bin in RDB folder it solved the problem.

Few days later: My friend who has installed the game freshly got the same error,he tried the zip file above, but it didnt work.So i sent him both my LocalConfig.txt and LocalConfig.xml from my working aoc folder and that worked.
    Last edited by unmastered; 28th July 2014 at 00:23.

I have exact the same symptoms as OP, but local config / RDBhashes / antivirus do not help infact I even uninstalled and tried a new install and get the same issue, starts off with 4.1.3 or so update screen, manager updates and I can see 4.4 but it tries to update again and fails to the message 'The Update Process Did Not Complete Successfully'.

Any other fixes I might try?

Ok, after a few hrs of playing with local config, patcher, conanpatcher , conantweaker and RDBhashes deleting and retrying the loader, it finally updated properly, looking at the patcher.txt it was saying there where version mismatches, but I can't say for sure what I exactly did in the end but I think the new local config with new patchers seemed to do it.

a guildy had this exact problem yesterday. I ended up giving him a copy of my Patchersetup.exe and localconfig.xml, because it looked like his ISP kept giving him an older cached copy of patchersetup.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    a guildy had this exact problem yesterday. I ended up giving him a copy of my Patchersetup.exe and localconfig.xml, because it looked like his ISP kept giving him an older cached copy of patchersetup.
    I've had this problem for a while now too, and no replacing LocalConfig.xml or Patcher would fix it for me

Eventually I got it going with a timing thing. It seemed that the PatcherSetup.exe was botching the LocalConfig.xml whenever it ran and causing a Hash conflict, so instead I ran ConanPatcher.exe so that it would have it's usual Hash conflict (usually I would let that complete and then the patcher would auto-run and screw the .xml again and re-run the launcher to no avail), but this time I stopped the first launcher and closed it before the bar loaded and then checked the "Patch.log" file.

(NOTE: I copied in an old copy of a LocalConfig.xml file before doing the above)

In there you can see the hash number that's from your original LocalConfig.xml file because the PatcherSetup hasn't overwritten the .xml file yet. You can also see what hash number the launcher is expecting to see when it's trying to run the launcher properly. I copied the number that it was expecting to find into my LocalConfig.xml file and it worked. This is after trying numerous different xml files, re-installing completely, trying copied patchers, none of the regular fixes seemed to work.

(quick steps that I did in case there's anyone else with a similar issue)

1. Copy in a LocalConfig.xml file to your Conan folder - I used this one and saved it as a file on my desktop, then I could copy it in when trying different fixes: I used US Version

2. Run ConanPatcher.exe and stop then close the launcher before the bar finishes loading

3. Open Patch.log and open your LocalConfig.xml file (the one inside your Conan folder)

4. In your LocalConfig.xml file is the "<PatchVersion>" hash number. In this example, mine was x01d6f8f8ffd146eab449b2dd98ff6fcf

5. Look for that number in your Patch.log file. Mine was the line "PatchVersions are different (x01d6f8f8ffd146eab449b2dd98ff6fcf != xdbd476510b045d2e2efb7b3e9a050470)"

6. The != means not equal to, so it's showing you what hash number the Patcher wants to see in your .xml file. I know the xdbd.. number is in .xml files available online, but for some reason they still didn't work for me. It was only when I tried the timing thing.

7. So copy the number that the Patcher is expecting to see and paste it into your LocalConfig.xml file. In my example, I copied xdbd476510b045d2e2efb7b3e9a050470 into the .xml, then saved and closed it.

8. Close the Patch.log

9. Run ConanPatcher.exe again. It worked that time.

Again, I'd used the xdbd476510b045d2e2efb7b3e9a050470 number in LocalConfig.xml files before, in many of the frustrating times trying to get it working, but still had the same error no matter which one I tried.

Hope that helps anyone else stuck on the same issue!
    Vasyx - Guardian (80)
    Kiharas - Bear Shaman (80)
    Khuja - HoX (80)

all of a sudden i got the same error even though it worked 12 hours ago and i dont think there was a new update.
    Tried the possible solutions from above but unluckily nothing worked

My tip : Have 4 copies of this game ( 2 on PC , 1 on hard disk , 1 on laptop) then you will most likely be able to play it whenever you want

PS.: 3 copies of this game are ****ed up . 1 makes my computer crash , on the other there doesnt even start the launcher and on the third i cant connect to patch server

PSps.: the fourth crashes during intro
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast