Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chance to Reset AA trees

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    if casual dont play dungeons, dont play raid, dont play in guild ... they simple DONT PLAY THE GAME, in this case they dont need any AA and my tip is to move on one single player game ...
    What this guy says, I was actually wondering what so called "solo" player does in this game? u dig and overflow market with rocks, dunno sit in tavern and rp a npc? what...? and you dont need perks for that btw.
    It's called progress bud and learning ur class, if u make mistake is not end of the world max time lost is 720h and this can happen 3 times only :P And why bother with resetting something u can have maxed i understand feats, for different builds but perks, c'mon what for?
    Last edited by StaHoo; 14th December 2014 at 02:23.

at the time you reach lvl 80 you have 79 AA to spend,
    why would you sped them if you don't know what you're doing?
    meh...

I would think if silly players want to PAY for the right to reset those AA's, LET THEM..the game needs money!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    I would think if silly players want to PAY for the right to reset those AA's, LET THEM..the game needs money!
    I agree . Why do people object? It's not like the option to pay to reset AAs in any way hurts other players who choose not to do so (or who have full AA trees). Now if people could pay to buy AA points that would be an issue to me but I don't see any problem with a reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    Now if people could pay to buy AA points that would be an issue to me
    There are expertise points in the item shop (not that it's any significant amount)

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Solo or slow or casual players who can gain AA points are paying for the game, too... They are keeping the game alive, too... And although you do not need AAs for soloplaying they are usefull, and part of the progression, which you can feel or want, too, even if you do not, or not very often, groups and raids.

Comparing multiple builds to a shop only AA reset is like the apples and oranges thing. Mainly because every subscriber has at last two builds, and paying for more is your own choice. It was argued that vets do not need an AA reset, because A. they have their AAs maxed anyway or B. they know what they are doing and do not choose wrong AAs (or have access to more ressources of information like guild, friends etc.). Following that vets do not need such a feature.

In higher raids some AAs are mandatory anyway. No need to reset them because you should have them anyway if you geared and played a toon that far. And a raidleader who commands people to pay real money for a AA reset would be....not a raidleader for very long, I think.

So, beside the "advice" that soloplayers should not play the game (and obviously not pay for it any longer^^), there are no arguments. But it is really funny to read that people are against a very, very minior change, which would not even touch their own game experience at all. We are talking about a tiny whish for a way to make the game a little more enjoyable for some people, which FC will not fullfill anyway.
    pretty much this!
    _

just because some players in this thread have a full account of maxed chars (which equals to how many DAYS of play? 300? or even 400?), not everyone is willing to put a major piece of their time into this game. which is just as OK as doing so

AA points are gained anything but fastly. if you would skill everything over time, you would need something like 10+ years; all minigame quests (which you can only do every 6h) earn you something like 500k - 600k xp, so for a very dedicated player thats 4 points to spend on the right side of the tree per day.

doing public dungeon runs can be pretty hard to tolerate for normal player given all these pseudo-elitist-but-only-of-average-skill whinerboys that kick unexperienced players, insult them or whatever:

i remember a public yun rau run, where i was tanking with my brute conq. i did something like 1050 dps, the group leader (Sin!) did like 1150 dps -which is, lets say 'optimisable'- and we had a rather new hox player in our group who was not shabby for HIS/HER standards with 750dps. as soon as the 1150dps 'pro' sin posted its tool, he immediately kicked the hox out of the group, with the comment: "your dps is too low, youre too bad for this group" -after a perfectly smooth run that far..

hilarious, but thats the common sense among all the sociopaths playing this game.
    so catching up with the AA-gain rate most of you are pretending you either need to be rather 'imbedded' into some running/farming/raiding structures OR you need to invest a lot of time and strain into it.

some ignorant people here need to learn not to judge other's by one own's 'standards'
    Last edited by potlatch; 14th December 2014 at 12:43.

Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    pretty much this!
    _

just because some players in this thread have a full account of maxed chars (which equals to how many DAYS of play? 300? or even 400?),
    About 50 to max a char on AAs. Less if you intentionally farm good AAstuff a lot (like KK or Ardashir).

But yes, I don't see any reason whatsoever why there should not be a option to reset your AAs for a price.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    About 50 to max a char on AAs. Less if you intentionally farm good AAstuff a lot (like KK or Ardashir).

But yes, I don't see any reason whatsoever why there should not be a option to reset your AAs for a price.
    300 or 400 h for an account full of full chars like 10-12 chars.
    so its even more than 400 days.

but even 45-50 days for a single char (and thats some dedicated farm!) is more than 1000hours of gameplay. epic size single player games like skyrim or fallout 3 get into 100h+ reaches -and youve experienced quite a lot.

so saying AA trees fill up quickly or even too quickly is just irrational
    Last edited by potlatch; 14th December 2014 at 12:42.

Korean servers had those AA reset potions. Now, the servers are down. I blame the potions!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Would it do any harm to the ones who do not need or like it? No.

There are casual solo players out there, who do not want or have the time to do dungeouns, or are not (and do not want to be) in a guild. For those players every AA-point is precious. And it is not up to us to tell them how to play the game, how to spend their (maybe limited) time online. There are players who would like to throw money at FC for a feature which is useless (but will do no harm to) veterans or well informed players. So I say, let them.
    Morning,

i'm just here to sign this post, since it reflects my opinion on this issue perfectly .
    Besides, if someone tries to burn his - or Dad/Mom/Granny's etc - money so badly,
    i say let him, why not, ain't my problem an' never will be for certain!

Comin' to think about, i'm already curious how many blok ... sorry... people are out there,
    storming the shop to get their precious and much desired 80's for "only" 30 - 40 €urons.
    Not to forget about how many parents are out there, gettin' a real nice heart attack for
    christmas after viewing their CC-billing .
    Yeah, i have a real mean streak, i admitt, hähä.

Anyways, best of luck to ye all
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast