Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiers of Faction Gear and the Dungeon Gear

Default Tiers of Faction Gear and the Dungeon Gear

Are faction gear that can be exchanged for with Mark of Acclaims and rare trophies considered to be tier 3.5 or 4?
    I would assume tier 4 since the 6-man hard more dungeon gear are also tier 4 right?

Its considered khitai dungeon gear, not a tier level when it is bought with Rare Trophies and Marks of Acclaim. Only raid dungeon gear has a tier level. The gear from Jade Citadel is T4.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by atroke View Post
    Are faction gear that can be exchanged for with Mark of Acclaims and rare trophies considered to be tier 3.5 or 4?
    I would assume tier 4 since the 6-man hard more dungeon gear are also tier 4 right?
    it would fall under the t3.5 but above t3 gear
    khitai gear is better (in almost all cases) than t1-3 gear but not better than t3.5 and above
    meh...

If you only consider the gear khitai, each set has 4 tiar.
    2 items buyable and the rest drop in dungeons.
    T1, 2 and 3 khitai are blue, T4 is epic.
    Each dungeon is classified T1, 2 or 3 (you know it from the relics 1, 2 or 3 that it drops). Each dungeon is classified T4 if you face it in HM. Dungeons T1 drop T1 gear (example Pagoda is T1 can drop helm and chest Tamarin T1, Flame and Vortex are T1 too, Pillars and Coppice T2, KK is T3 etc.), T2 drop T2 items etc. so you can collect four variants of the same set if you are a skin collector. This is for example the T1-> 4 gear Tiger Tamarin barb/ranger/bs progression: https://www.videogamesartwork.com/si..._dahlslett.jpg

The khitai gear is a gear that is not raid and so it can not be allocated in the raid progress (what ppl call T1-2- etc.). Everything depends on what you want to do with your PG. The khitai gear has the nice to be easy and fun to pick up (6 men and not 24 in fast and funny dungeon HM) and is very flexible as there are different sets for each single class (one critigation set , one costitution set, one dps set, one protection etc. ) So picking up various sets or mixing them can give you flexibility (as barbarian i was full tiger except for hirkanian chest (for costit and armor), t3 1h + children 1h offhand, T3 rings and neck when i started farming T4 years ago). For most classes (not all ofc) the armor is better than the T1-2 and 3 and even of the T3.5, while weapons and accessories, with the exception of some classes (ranger's quiver, DT's tali etc.) are worst than the T3. T3 give you most survability of khitai (is better balanced) but have no critigation and no heal rating and less DPS (if you are not a tank in pve critigation is overrated and until you have not healing AA you not need heal rating as healer), T3.5 is most balanced too, more hp, more armor less DPS of the DPS khitai set. Old T3.5 weapons are worst then T3, equal or worst of khitai, but new T3.5 (Introduced later, I do not remember which patch, to revitalize that content that was practically snobbed by everyone) are equal or even better than the T4 (2h hate/prot for conq, 1h prot/hate, 1h offhand conq/barb, 2HB DPS for example)
    Last edited by zujilin; 23rd June 2017 at 18:22.
    Victory or Death

Ok, I think I understand. So the tier depends on the mode of the dungeon. If it is done in hard mode, then the gear is epic and otherwise it is blue?
    So assuming the gear drops in 6-man hard mode, then stat-wise would it be better than T3 raid gear?

Ok, I think I understand. So the tier depends on the mode of the dungeon. If it is done in hard mode, then the gear is epic and otherwise it is blue?
    So assuming the gear drops in 6-man hard mode, then stat-wise would it be better than T3 raid gear?
    You can compare the T3 and 6 man drops at http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    You can compare the T3 and 6 man drops at http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/ .
    I clicked on Armory>Khitai and all I found were blue gear. Where could I find the epic Khitai faction gear?

I clicked on Armory>Khitai and all I found were blue gear. Where could I find the epic Khitai faction gear?
    you have to click all the factions.. Like brittle blade, or wolves etc..
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    you have to click all the factions.. Like brittle blade, or wolves etc..
    Doing the comparison it looks like t3.5 is better than all the epic khitai faction gear. So it looks like the epic faction gear would equate to about t3. :/
    Thanks for the help all.

Doing the comparison it looks like t3.5 is better than all the epic khitai faction gear. So it looks like the epic faction gear would equate to about t3. :/
    Thanks for the help all.
    Faction gear is typically better than T3, but worse than T3.5, so call it T3.25

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast