Thread: New Player Questions

Default New Player Questions

Hello!

I've played many MMO's for years now and have gotten bored of them.. Trying to find a new one to keep me occupied and hopefully fun for couple years..

1.) Most wanted to know, are there any EU players/guilds? I prefer to team up with guildies in dungeons/raids in my time zone. (also, active.. Getting little bored alone and quests I can't solo!)

2.) Any guides for Priest of Mitra Healing? I seem to find more PVP vids than PvE..

3.) Read around a bit, but answers seemed 50/50 for me.. Is this game getting content and other updates? Don't want to play if nothing coming to keep the game/me going.

4.) Is it best sub at max level (if possible for f2p?) or sub now as a level 39? I like the game, but 1/2 questions are concering..

I'd like to continue if everything checks out okay, and hopefully sub for the unlocks on stuff.. (Not total fan of F2P status. xD)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlisk View Post
    Hello!

I've played many MMO's for years now and have gotten bored of them.. Trying to find a new one to keep me occupied and hopefully fun for couple years..

1.) Most wanted to know, are there any EU players/guilds? I prefer to team up with guildies in dungeons/raids in my time zone. (also, active.. Getting little bored alone and quests I can't solo!)

2.) Any guides for Priest of Mitra Healing? I seem to find more PVP vids than PvE..

3.) Read around a bit, but answers seemed 50/50 for me.. Is this game getting content and other updates? Don't want to play if nothing coming to keep the game/me going.

4.) Is it best sub at max level (if possible for f2p?) or sub now as a level 39? I like the game, but 1/2 questions are concering..

I'd like to continue if everything checks out okay, and hopefully sub for the unlocks on stuff.. (Not total fan of F2P status. xD)

Thanks!
    1) Yes there are. You will probably have to ask in chat to see if any are recruiting. A few of my gamer friends from the EU region have stated they are quite generous in welcoming new players.

2) A unique thing about the game is that there really isn't a heal bot perse'. You will be expected to do damage and debuff mobs. The link that follows gives good information on build and rotation. Most of the forum guides will be in old threads because not much has really changed. http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ice-for-Khitai

3) The game is getting new content, but it is at a snail pace. An achievement system was added a while back, so that's at least one thing. You can find development plans on the frontpage. Again, these may be a bit dated as we don't always receive monthly updates as to what is going on.

4) If you enjoy the game there really is no reason not to sub up regardless of level. It will probably save you money to sub on hitting 80, but having some of the pointless restriction removed early improves the lower level experience and gives you some feat points to spend along your way to cap.

Thank you very much!

I thought healing was a little wierd for me at first.. But now I get it.. Will look into it and see what I can see fits.
    And good to know game is getting updates, I'm now considering to sub and get bit more out from the game as a F2P..

And hopefully find some EU guilds, maybe suggesting some popular ones? Or ones recently started a EU guild? Would be appreciated!

Thanks again!

I believe Destiny is still active in game. They run on a CET schedule, so I believe they are an EU guild (correct me if I am wrong). You can find more info on them in the guild recruitment section of the forum and what spots they are looking to fill.

Probably the only advice I can give, since you are new to the game, is to stick to Crom server. It's more active especially in the group content which is the best part of this game. Healing is quite fun if in coop, and in pvp support class is even more satisfying. Enjoy.

Healing :
    1. Have blue hot (Wave of Life) and green hot (Emanation of Life) running on people at all times. They both last about 20 seconds, green hot is cast automatically on all your teammates, blue hot is cast in a cone in front of you. You can tell who has it by looking at the blue/green circle at their feet.
    2. As soon as the tank drops below 75% hp, cast big heal (Radiance). This is a burst heal cast around you (albeit pretty short range), each player who receives it also gets a 1 minute debuff meaning they can't receive Radiance again during this time.
    3. Buff up the tank's mitigation by casting Blessing of Mitra (if specced in the Divinity tree) and Litany of Protection. Cast these everytime they're off cooldown, unless you know the encounter well enough to use them at a specific time.

If you do all of the above you'll already be a great healer.

Not going to lie, updates are not very frequent and usually pretty minor. That said, I feel the rate of updates isn't that bad for an 8 year old MMO. For example last year we got Vanaheim (a new lvl80 solo map DLC), the achievement system, and tier 6 raids.

I would say it's not worth subscribing until you're 80. As f2p you've got access to all leveling playfields (even Turan if you decide to buy it). If you subscribe you do get 1 AA point for each level gained, but these are mostly useful at lvl80.
    Subscribing do lift off the stupid limitations of chat, gold, and inventory though, so if you feel annoyed by these and want to support Funcom, feel free to sub
    Last edited by redpooo; 9th February 2016 at 09:25.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin