Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SweetFX Shader Suite - Graphics Tweaker

Well done, almost looks good as Tera, almost

My settings
    Screenshot

Pretty satisfied with the result
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekorn View Post
    My settings
    Screenshot

I have to check that out; very gloomy feeling with your settings, perfect for eyecandy.
    "Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ ɪs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʏ ɪᴛ's ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ." - Sᴜɴ Tᴢᴜ

Rᴀɴɢᴇʀ ʙʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜ: Mᴇᴍsʜᴜʀ ʜᴀs ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ 325 ᴅᴀʏs 14 ʜᴏᴜʀs 38 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs 30 sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅs.

Well, I'm using it under DX10, and has been doing so for ages. (all windows updates installed except for the following: KB2670838, KB2484033, KB2488113, KB2506928, KB2511250, KB2522422, KB2545698, KB2547666, KB2786081 and KB2799926) (none of these should break it, but they either are about IE (and I don't have IE) or has been known to break AoC and gives me nothing in return).

This part is pretty important (taken from SweetFX_settings.txt):
    Code:
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING  1            // [0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the SMAA technique.
    #define USE_FXAA_ANTIALIASING  0            // [0 or 1] FXAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the FXAA technique. WIP - Currently only works in DX9 and you need to use the FXAA injector dlls.
    This means you have to copy the files from the 'dll\SMAA dlls' folder into your Age Of Conan folder (all this is described in the readmes).
    Well, I tried all the other dll files, and even removed two of those windows updates (didn't have the others), and it still doesn't work. It works fine under DX9 though still. Ugh, I give up for now.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

My settings
    Screenshot

Nice, thats pretty cold feeling i get with it, works fine when i play necro

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post
    Nice, thats pretty cold feeling i get with it, works fine when i play necro
    Only issue is that parts of t4 and nighttime in really dark places gets a bit too dark.
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Well, I tried all the other dll files, and even removed two of those windows updates (didn't have the others), and it still doesn't work. It works fine under DX9 though still. Ugh, I give up for now.
    Have you checked the file 'log.txt' in your AoC directory? If it's not there, you have done something terribly wrong, since it's recreated every time the sweetfx libraries gets loaded. If you have it, delete it and start the game in DX10 mode then post it here.

Have you checked the file 'log.txt' in your AoC directory? If it's not there, you have done something terribly wrong, since it's recreated every time the sweetfx libraries gets loaded. If you have it, delete it and start the game in DX10 mode then post it here.
    Will do. And even more annoying, I tested it on a really crappy work pc, that has no video card, just integrated graphics, and although slow and choppy under dx10, sweet fx worked just fine. GRRRR!
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

So, here you go.

This is what I get on the crappy pc (which works fine under dx10):
    full path: C:\Other\New folder\AoC Install\Age of Conan\
    redirecting CreateDXGIFactory
    redirecting D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain
    removing D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_SINGLETHREADED flag
    redirecting IDXGIFactory->CreateSwapChain
    initialising shader environment
    and this is what I get on my gaming rig (which does squat):
    full path: D:\AoC Install\Age of Conan\
    redirecting CreateDXGIFactory
    redirecting D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain
    removing D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_SINGLETHREADED flag
    redirecting IDXGIFactory->CreateSwapChain
    The last step just.....doesn't happen. Exactly the same sweetfx files, exactly the same AoC folder - all the files that work on the crappy pc were copied from the gaming pc. *shrug* Might try reinstalling the video card drivers or swapping out the card.
    -------------------

Update and good news! Finally got it working under dx10.

I checked those windows updates again - I had overlooked one: KB2786081

Although, considering what it's for, I'm puzzled as to how it has any effect on sweetfx, 'Internet Explorer 10 does not save credentials for a website after you log off or restart a computer that is running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1'.

OK - Whatever. Short story - removing that update fixed it. But no idea why.
    -------------------

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast