Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: A Solo Raid

Making all the dungeons soloable means that Funcom would basically have to rewrite each encounter as every boss in t4 requires groups now to do them.

Might as well just put the time into making new dungeons or upgrading older dungeons into unchained lvl 80 solo ones.

Can you really expect to get Funcom to reprogram every one of the bosses in t4 that right now require full raids (or near full) to do? You have 12 people bound up in zodiac to start doing puzzles plus the tanks and healers...how can you do that solo? And sixman puzzles in there? CCing the symbols?

It would be easier to make new dungeons.

And, yes, I am in a tier4 guild. I joined when I joined Set and have worked to get a spot in raids so I can get gear. I still do not have the t4 dps bear shaman hammer and my demo is certainly not full t4.

Break T4 into two dungeons: that can fix any memory cloud issues and make it easier for pugs to do lower anyway. I saw a pug t4 on set last week so they can happen.

Giving away t4 gear for soloers...especially eight relics a run...the raid was developed for group mechanics, not a soloer. Solo stuff should never be as good as a group/raid items because a raid takes a lot more coordination. And I do prefer soloing to running groups for anything but sixmans or raids.

I think he's trolling and you're all brainstorming and giving arguments.

There's a saying: an idiot throws a stone in the water and 10 wise men jump in to get it. That's what happening, just ignore him. There's enough solo content.

I m 100% serious.

A solo raid would introduce best content of FC to solo players

Have you ever gone to a t4 raid?

First encounter: doors have to be locked as adds are killed. After that, two minibosses get kited then tanked while the main one is tanked/dpsed while doors have to be protected and mobs killed by other groups. Main fight: have to have dps watching their damage, running in and out, tanks avoiding trailing and kiting it away from the other players, groups keeping runners from opening doors and possibly wiping the raid...

And that's just the first boss encounter. How could Funcom make that a solo without having to spend tons of resources to rebuild the entire thing? I'd rather see them work on new solo dungeons.

If you really want solo t4 things then it should be as hard as getting solo relics for khitai: maybe a couple solo dungeons that gives two t4 relic equivalents a day and requires 196 relics to get a piece of gear. That's what soloers have to do to get the bigger khitai pieces now. Unless they find sixmans.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Have you ever gone to a t4 raid?

First encounter: doors have to be locked as adds are killed. After that, two minibosses get kited then tanked while the main one is tanked/dpsed while doors have to be protected and mobs killed by other groups. Main fight: have to have dps watching their damage, running in and out, tanks avoiding trailing and kiting it away from the other players, groups keeping runners from opening doors and possibly wiping the raid...

And that's just the first boss encounter. How could Funcom make that a solo without having to spend tons of resources to rebuild the entire thing? I'd rather see them work on new solo dungeons.

If you really want solo t4 things then it should be as hard as getting solo relics for khitai: maybe a couple solo dungeons that gives two t4 relic equivalents a day and requires 196 relics to get a piece of gear. That's what soloers have to do to get the bigger khitai pieces now. Unless they find sixmans.
    I hav never been to a T4 raid.

I never suggested a solo version of jade citadel.

I run Isle and DMH everyday. I never complained about Khitai Faction gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    It can be done easily - just add buffs from GGG (but with tripled power) and remove all mobs except Sheng.

The rewards? http://rlv.zcache.com/youre_winner_t..._8byvr_512.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    FC Plz introduce a solo dungeon which awards 8 T4 tokens and resets in a week and plz introduce a trader from which we can buy Dragon Tear and Rare Relic and T3.5 and T4 Weapons and accessories. Doing this will create more content for solo players for a long time. Keeping your best content locked to a small %age of players is not a wise decision. FC can create a T4 6 man too to benefit group players.
    My mistake for misreading your initial post, thought you wanted t4 raids to be soloable. I don't think any solo dungeon should give that many relics for the best gear in the game. You can't buy t4 weapons or accessories or dragon tears now: you can't buy t3 ones either. I'd love to take my 150 plus rotting relics and buy that darned bear hammer that won't drop for my bear from memory cloud (we have seen it drop twice in the entire raiding time).

Seems to me though that for any game if you want the best pve gear you need to do a raid. If the issue underlying is the pvp concerns about t4 being overpowered in minis, then Funcom could look into putting the pve stats separate from the pvp stats so that pve is not affected by changes but pvp stats are not as OP for t4 gear in minis.

Once the merge happens then there will be a lot more t4 raiders in one place and more chances to get into t4s. I expect to see more pug raids and likely t4s. I posted a suggestion to break up t4 so that its more pug friendly too.

Being able to buy t2/3/4 weapons and accessories with unusued relics has been something I've posted about in the past and recommended in suggestions to Funcom before. I'd love to have the t3 necro staff on my pom, for example.

They should add a married bachelor option too.

Watch the video's, talk to people who have done it, learn the process and pug it out.

You might even get somewhere.

Nothing quite like a challenge to sweeten the deal and keep you interested after all. Every guild has had to do the same thing, to varying degree's.

Quote Originally Posted by doomkiller View Post
    i m 100% serious.

A solo raid would introduce best content of fc to solo players
    aoc is a mmo
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast