Thread: Why does it seem...

Default Why does it seem...

That Funcom does not really want to get new players into the game? There are barely any promotions for AoC. There are no deals... Cash shop is pointless. Steam doesn't even offer content expansions (RotG and Turan). I have been waiting a while to return to this game, I've really wanted to throw up some sub money, but with the inability to even get people to want to give this game a shot that doesn't seem to have the money to even advertise the game properly... Yeah...

AoC has been on Steam for a while now, and still there has been no sub deals, or real hook to get people back in to the game. Just a bunch of dead servers. Was hoping for a bit of a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabouli View Post
    That Funcom does not really want to get new players into the game? There are barely any promotions for AoC. There are no deals... Cash shop is pointless. Steam doesn't even offer content expansions (RotG and Turan). I have been waiting a while to return to this game, I've really wanted to throw up some sub money, but with the inability to even get people to want to give this game a shot that doesn't seem to have the money to even advertise the game properly... Yeah...

AoC has been on Steam for a while now, and still there has been no sub deals, or real hook to get people back in to the game. Just a bunch of dead servers. Was hoping for a bit of a change.
    Spot on. Unfortunately...
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Spot on. Unfortunately...
    It just makes no sense that when I log in to youtube I get a thousand TSW adds before my video, but don't even see a AoC banner.

To put it simply,it's a failure on Funcom's marketing team. They have been to hard pressed to push TSW as their new shiny golden game and AoC has been left in the dust. Even AoC's current F2P model does little to endear itself to new or returning players

Quote Originally Posted by Lostclause View Post
    To put it simply,it's a failure on Funcom's marketing team. They have been to hard pressed to push TSW as their new shiny golden game and AoC has been left in the dust. Even AoC's current F2P model does little to endear itself to new or returning players
    One marketing guy on part time job can do miracles for this game. My e-mail address should be spammed by news from Conan each week to remind me that the game is still here - alive and kicking.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela