Thread: Returning DUO for Saga server. Looking for class advice.

Default Returning DUO for Saga server. Looking for class advice.

My wife and I will be coming back to play the Saga server and looking for advice. She is looking to play a Tempest of Set. (Is this still a viable healer?) I would like to play a class that goes well with a Tempest of Set. I prefer classes that are decent at healing themselves and classes that arent overly complicated. Not looking to have a ton of hotkeys/buttons setup up. I use my mouse to play (MMO mouse). I don't have a preference on melee or ranged. I do not like healing. We plan to raid in the future and prefer classes that are needed/wanted in a raid. Tank/Melee or Ranged DPS. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks.

Excited to give this game a proper try.

yes ToS is a viable healer. Also a very nice damage dealer.
    Possibly a demo for you; not a lot of heals before you get your cacodemon at level 80, but high damage so you and ur wife can swop aggro with each other and kill stuff fast. Suitable for mouse clicking I feel ... possibly more so than a melee character due to the arrow's you have to activate to complete the melee combos.
    All classes are desired in raids really. Obviously tank and healer a little more than the others.
    If you like tank classes and want to be the tank to your wife's healer, then guardian and conqueror have an easier set up than dark templar.

All classes are desired in raids; obviously tanks and healers a little more than others but all have their roles.
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 28th January 2018 at 05:49.

if you want a class that doesn't need many keybindings to play decently, go for demo.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Thanks for the info. I think i might prefer a caster class but what other classes arent button heavy? Looking to test a few classes before i make a hard choice. Also not a huge fan of pet classes. What classes do have decent self healing butnarent considered main healers? Also what tank is the easiest to play and wanted for endgame raiding.

Ty

All the three priests are main healers who can solo heal a dungeon group and need to contribute to group heals even if other healers are present.
    What you have in mind would probably be a Dark Templar, a tank with impressive self healing skills and even a minor group heal. DTs need a good deal of keybinds (and good gear and a certain AA called Void of Madness) to be effective after level 80 though. Guard and Conqueror might be the better choice for you as far as tanks go, and all tanks are wanted and needed in edgame raiding, just as all healers are. And the different DPS classes all will get a spot in raids/groups too, as Ladihawke said. There is really no "not wanted"-class with which you'd be excluded from endgame content.

Barbarian is a very fun and strong melee DPS class with a self-heal stance, but in higher-level dungeons and raids the number of keybinds needed to perform at your best might be more than you want again. Might be worth a try for you, Barb is similar to Conqueror just without heavy armor, banners and tanking duty, a good class for starters without ever being boring/overly simple. Really enjoyable, bot for levelling and raiding/grouping.
    Another class with self- and pet-heals would be Necromancer, but needing many keybinds and relying on pets if you don't want to go for the more complex (and fun) petless spec, that doesn't sound like what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Senephtet View Post
    All the three priests are main healers who can solo heal a dungeon group and need to contribute to group heals even if other healers are present.
    What you have in mind would probably be a Dark Templar, a tank with impressive self healing skills and even a minor group heal. DTs need a good deal of keybinds (and good gear and a certain AA called Void of Madness) to be effective after level 80 though. Guard and Conqueror might be the better choice for you as far as tanks go, and all tanks are wanted and needed in edgame raiding, just as all healers are. And the different DPS classes all will get a spot in raids/groups too, as Ladihawke said. There is really no "not wanted"-class with which you'd be excluded from endgame content.

Barbarian is a very fun and strong melee DPS class with a self-heal stance, but in higher-level dungeons and raids the number of keybinds needed to perform at your best might be more than you want again. Might be worth a try for you, Barb is similar to Conqueror just without heavy armor, banners and tanking duty, a good class for starters without ever being boring/overly simple. Really enjoyable, bot for levelling and raiding/grouping.
    Another class with self- and pet-heals would be Necromancer, but needing many keybinds and relying on pets if you don't want to go for the more complex (and fun) petless spec, that doesn't sound like what you are looking for.
    All great info. I did some messing around and I am not sure I am going to enjoy melee in this game. The combo system *follow the arrows* doesn't seem to by my cup of tea. I prefer to enjoy watching the combat and the game not try to stare for arrows to ensure I am hitting the right keys. So what classes do not use the left, straight, and right that much and just do more casting? Those are the ones I will focus on playing first. I am open to healers if they have a pure casting playstyle (should give it a try atleast). Not really interested in Necro thou, really hate pet classes.

Who ever said necro has to be played with pets you can play as a pure caster too.

The other pure casters are demo, ToS and PoM. The last two are healers, the first one has one or two pets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Who ever said necro has to be played with pets you can play as a pure caster too.

The other pure casters are demo, ToS and PoM. The last two are healers, the first one has one or two pets.
    How viable is a necro that doesn't use it's pets. Is this an AA that increases their DPS or something for casting while pets are away? Or would I be considered not maximizing my class and subpar? I also just want to clarify those classes you listed don't use the attack arrows for any major part of their gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post

You should also note that the Demo pets are largely just summon and ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicus View Post
    How viable is a necro that doesn't use it's pets. Is this an AA that increases their DPS or something for casting while pets are away? Or would I be considered not maximizing my class and subpar? I also just want to clarify those classes you listed don't use the attack arrows for any major part of their gameplay?
    Demo, Necro, Tempest of Set and Priest of Mitra are pure casters and do not use combos.

As for the necro: one of the feat trees contains a feat called Despoil the Soul. DtS is a stackable (up to x8) buff that removes 1 pet point (up to -8 pet points, so no pets) per level, reduces the damage done by pets and gives you a lot of Magic Damage. Nightfall necros aren't subpar by a long shot, as many can testify.

And indeed, the Demo pets are buffs on two legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."