Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zath Worth Returning For?

I suppose it's a matter of perspective. I love the game. So I came back to play it and try this out. You'll come across a lot of P2W comments, but again, it's a matter of perspective right?

If I can pay money to get to lvl 80 faster... I will. It saves me TIME. I appreciate this option. Seriously. Once I get to 80, the real challenges begin. And for me, that's where I stop spending money, and go with the typical 80 grindfest for AA and faction etc. If I have some disposable income to put towards something I enjoy, why shouldn't I? I have already leveled each class to 80 the old school way, so I know a few things about leveling... and this time around, I decided (due to limited time of the server) to speed things up a bit... and that means spending money.

And you know what? I LOVE IT.

What I am trying to say is, if you want to pay to save time, then go for it... but don't think for a second that if you don't pay, you can't win... because that's just total BS. Play the game and enjoy it for your own reasons. And furthermore, it would be nice to believe that the money that this server generates might (and again... wishful thinking here) just get some momentum going for FC to consider investing resources and effort into the future of the game. If nobody plays, there is no incentive for FC to do anything at all. Yea, sure it's highly probable that FC will do nothing whatsoever for the future of this game aside from quick cash-grabbing.

But for now, they've done something (for whatever reason) to the game. And it's brought back a few players from out of the woodwork.

And that's never a bad thing.

- B
    Burninating... the countryside.
    Burninating... the peasants.
    Burninating all the people... and the thatched roof... COTTAGES !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThievesInc View Post
    ALL OF THIS!
    Amen, you put into words what I think, too, and way better then I could have.

It is all about perspective and options. Of course I have an opinion about the buisness model FC is using here, about decisions they made which I do seriously not understand (and which are often very stupid and sometimes hurtfull to the game). But in the end my main question is: Do I have fun while I play? And for me, I can answer this question: More fun than in years! I have A BLAST seeing so many old names returning, seeing everyone rushing to 80, or taking their time leveling together, doing purist dungeons together. I don't know why FC does it now and why this way, but I am very happy about it. AoC feels fresh and new again, it almost seems to me as if the suits gave the game into the hands of two, three dudes, just so they can play around with some ideas. Hopefully the feedback is positive, so that such reasons to play old content again become a thing in the future. If nothing new will be added to the game, why not use the huge world we already have?

The money that this server generates might be a reason for FC investing resources and effort into the future of the aoc. so stop talking about p2w and enjoy. aoc needs money and players to survive

Quote Originally Posted by ThievesInc View Post
    If I can pay money to get to lvl 80 faster... I will. It saves me TIME. I appreciate this option.
    Yeah well ... the sad thing is that they remove everything from the players that paid and will pay for years just that they have to buy the **** again while still paying for a subscription

Sorry but this is simply called a Scam. But i dont blame Funcom. People are stupid and if the stupid people help (with buying overpriced ****) that the servers arent taken down i appreciate it

------
    To the Topic

Saga Server is just the exact same **** - but its very nice for returning and new Players since the low level areas are full and you get a decent start at level 80 from quest

So at the end its not that bad. Only problem is that Funcom is greedy as **** with the shop but as i said i dont blame them it works perfect^^

Normally it would be a reason to quit the game but since its the only Game out there like that i will buy the yearly subscription like every year as so manny out there

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Iceydeadppl View Post
    I haven't played in years. Last time I did the servers seemed dead. So is Zath going to breath some new life into AoC?
    Just give it a try and you'll see, it won't cost you anything at the start and still, using your credit card is always up to you.

While all the troll cry in a corner, I just come back after a long break and I enjoy the game, just the same as I did many years ago.

PS. Catching the heart background music after 10 years? NO ONE ELSE DID THAT... Man...
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by krytical View Post
    The money that this server generates might be a reason for FC investing resources and effort into the future of the aoc. so stop talking about p2w and enjoy. aoc needs money and players to survive
    Few years ago the Anarchy Online Vets might have helped you get over these delusions.
    I'm pretty sure that this server created a nice income through the shop, though I'm all but certain if any of this will benefit AoC in terms of further development.

Still I refuse to blow the horn of saying it's ONLY a cash grab (though it certainly DOES generate just that) - Ive seen people return to the game that I haven't seen in a while, lowie-minis und purist dungeons pop on a regular basis, every levelling zone i've seen so far is pretty damn crowded. Which is a nice to see.
    It comes at a price-tag though, because it naturally split the community, I haven't logged on Crom or Fury since I created my Zath toon, and I guess so have others. Suppose both and and especially fury are pretty much dead in the water now. So for anyone not participating in Zath this must feel like a solo-game at the moment. And I would definitely like my path-skills back for faster travel.

Still I think that this is better than nothing new to do and am grateful to mussagana. I would love to see AoC shine again with a new addon, but I guess this is where my delusions start.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 31st January 2018 at 11:30.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by krytical View Post
    I'm concerned that when Saga server is finished, Funcom will look back on it and think "hey, we made lots of money, lets do the same thing again". I hope they don't delude themselves into thinking it will work a 2nd time, myself and others have no desire to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I'm concerned that when Saga server is finished, Funcom will look back on it and think "hey, we made lots of money, lets do the same thing again". I hope they don't delude themselves into thinking it will work a 2nd time, myself and others have no desire to do it again.

I on other hand already have 3 characters in mind in case they gonna do it.
    Hoping they will.

Cashshop has to be sorriest excuse for a cash shop I have ever seen. It was miles better before they put everything in 2 lootboxes. If there were bunch of costumes like before I would bought one for sure. Like this thou I have no reason to buy anything there.

I mean ofc they are doing it for money! Ofc bunch of whales gonna pay them money so they hit 80 and gear up as soon as possible. But overall this game have one the best F2P systems in my eyes. You guys played any other F2P games lately? It's abysmall! So much stuff locked behind paywalls...here? NOTHING! You just buy expansions.
    If you FEEL like you NEED to pay them any money that is on you.

That to me feels like you don't enjoy this game anymore...CAUSE YOU BEEN PLAYING IT FOR PAST 10 YEARS! And this Saga Server did not brought anything new except new players and locking you out off all the goodies you got in your time playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Ofc that you and all the others will do it again. What's left of this community will do/buy any garbage money grab "content" Funcom throws at them. Just like in this case, it's been proven time and time again in the past.
    All the same people that were complaining and criticizing how boring and unimaginative implementation of the Saga server was, are farming on it diligently now.

Remember Vanaheim fiasco? People complained > ...People bought it.
    Remember RF / Membership revamp fiasco patch? People threatened leaving / cancelling subs > ...People kept playing and subbing.
    Remember Item Shop P2W revamp? People raged on forums while using the ingame shop and buying all those same p2w "products".

So what exactly makes you think that Funcom might reconsider their current AoC agenda for any future decision making?

Remember, this community gets the content it deserves.

Once Sheep always Sheep BAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Ofc that you and all the others will do it again. What's left of this community will do/buy any garbage money grab "content" Funcom throws at them. Just like in this case, it's been proven time and time again in the past.
    All the same people that were complaining and criticizing how boring and unimaginative implementation of the Saga server was, are farming on it diligently now.

Remember Vanaheim fiasco? People complained > ...People bought it.
    Remember RF / Membership revamp fiasco patch? People threatened leaving / cancelling subs > ...People kept playing and subbing.
    Remember Item Shop P2W revamp? People raged on forums while using the ingame shop and buying all those same p2w "products".

So what exactly makes you think that Funcom might reconsider their current AoC agenda for any future decision making?

Remember, this community gets the content it deserves.

Once Sheep always Sheep BAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    The core of the issue of all those points is that despite all the negative things, this is still an awesome game. I see tons of people, myself included, having a fun time playing on the Saga server. And as long as Im enjoying myself, Ill keep doing it I guess
    Echotun - DT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast