Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zath Worth Returning For?

Man reading these forums as more or less newcomer is depressing it's just full fans of this game that are burned out at this point. Which again I can totally understand, it's old game.

Buuuut what kind of content were you expecting when there is no more developement and there is just 1 dev keeping it running? (I understand that there is probably more then 1 person but still.)

You know what kind of news I expected to hear about this game? That funcom decided to shut down its servers. People call it "dead" game for years at this point.

Instead they decided to launch new, fresh server. How is this not a good thing is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemer View Post
    The core of the issue of all those points is that despite all the negative things, this is still an awesome game. I see tons of people, myself included, having a fun time playing on the Saga server. And as long as Im enjoying myself, Ill keep doing it I guess
    The core issue is that this way of thinking was around when rf was introduced too(it;ts fun,it lets us experience content we could not before ,we get nice rewards without being in a "hardcore" guild) ,look where that got the game!Certainly improved it,eh ?.I still didn't get an answer why people could not do all that you do on saga server on the normal ones ?What's the major difference ?The race ?OR the shiny carrot at the end ?
    Sinqq - Elitist QQer

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    The core issue is that this way of thinking was around when rf was introduced too(it;ts fun,it lets us experience content we could not before ,we get nice rewards without being in a "hardcore" guild) ,look where that got the game!Certainly improved it,eh ?.I still didn't get an answer why people could not do all that you do on saga server on the normal ones ?What's the major difference ?The race ?OR the shiny carrot at the end ?
    For me (and as i see, many others) is the experience of playing while everyone is actually trying to get to lvl 80 and gearing up... Otherwise, is just the old servers with the same old people waiting for things to happen (filling raids, RF, Minis, SC).

is not about experience content we could not before, is about to feel AoC as it was before everything went focused only on the endgame content (kindoff).

Anyhow, for me this kind of "restarts" are refreshing... if people get tired of leveling, they'll go back to their old characters, and perhaps you guys could start farming again those gems, huh :^)?
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    For me (and as i see, many others) is the experience of playing while everyone is actually trying to get to lvl 80 and gearing up... Otherwise, is just the old servers with the same old people waiting for things to happen (filling raids, RF, Minis, SC).

is not about experience content we could not before, is about to feel AoC as it was before everything went focused only on the endgame content (kindoff).

Anyhow, for me this kind of "restarts" are refreshing... if people get tired of leveling, they'll go back to their old characters, and perhaps you guys could start farming again those gems, huh :^)?
    Yeah ask me for SC anytime you see me online .That aoc feeling is gone and buried ,but we can all lie to ourselves and pretend its there,whatever floats your boat man.Be sure to post me your t6 gear from lvl 50 and rf milestones in May .Have fun!
    Last edited by -Shink-; 1st February 2018 at 13:02.
    Sinqq - Elitist QQer

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    I didnt hear a single person say anything positive about RF. Not ever. So its not really the same thing.

Why wont people just do this on Crom instead? No idea.

It kinda feel like rewatching a move I really like, but still remember well. But it will blow over.
    Echotun - DT

I quit the game over 7 years ago and, from what I had heard previously, crom was pretty much deserted. Gave this Saga a try last week, and the server is pretty much like it was around 8 years ago. Hardly found a zone or a questing spot where I was alone. So, for now, it seems to be in good shape. But yeah, I too agree it will blow over soon. It still is very much a reminiscing experience... I sigh each time I pass by Kelgar's hill in Connarch...

After leaving AoC for good some months ago I have just discovered this new server content. Always loved leveling in AoC open world (more than 20 toons I guess) and the new server got me hyped. Just until I realized something. I played AoC since 2008 for several years, leaving and returning time after time, but nothing compares to the first experiences I had leveling my first character in a PvP server. The sense of danger, brutallity and adventure of those days have been forgotten in the nowadays AoC, where the supposedly unforgiving Hyboria has become a huge token supermarket filled with loot whores.

I will play another toon in the new server in some days, but I'm pretty sure that the nostalgic feeling that invaded me for a moment is just a wishing mirage.

Hyboria, the place where you defend your live with sword in hand, where you bloody fight for the scarce resources, where you kill or be killed, where have you gone? Will you ever return ?

Last edited by nikepilas; 10th February 2018 at 11:57.

Quote Originally Posted by nikepilas View Post
    [...]
    Hyboria, the place where you defend your live with sword in hand, where you bloody fight for the scarce resources, where you kill or be killed, where have you gone? Will you ever return ?

Yeah... no.
    Looks totally different in reality, just look in the global chat once the PvPers start doing their flame wars for hours, simply ridiculous. PvP is a joke, sure, Funcom is a big part of the problem but the other huge part of the problem is the PvP community itself. Constant ganking (I tried starting on a PvP server 3 times but always got ganked by some level 80 ****ers in the starter areas for some reason, good luck calling for help on servers where like 3 people play), constant childish flaming in the chat (seriously, most PvPers in global sound like they are some 13 years old Call of Duty kiddy with their "rekt" and "I f'ed your mom" ****). you killed someone? Hacker. Noob with luck. Lag. You get killed? Noob. Trash. Owned. Like seriously, seems like 90% of the PvP community feels like this game is their damn real life they need to defend.

I am not going to speak about gear balance and class balance, all stuff that got talked about so often but never got a lot of responses.

If things were fixed (like that ridiculous high ping that EU players) and balanced I would try PvP again but since it's just a frustrating grind it's totally useless and worth almost nothing in this game for me. So yeah, I wouldn't have started the saga server if it was a PvP server and I know a lot of other players feel just the same.
    Last edited by xCodename; 10th February 2018 at 17:35.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    So yeah, I wouldn't have started the saga server if it was a PvP server and I know a lot of other players feel just the same.

If saga only option was PvP server and the reward was a T6 PvE weapon I would certainly try it.

Last edited by nikepilas; 10th February 2018 at 20:34.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123