Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Update tomorrow? Saga?

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Haha that's exactly what I love at RF xD Seeing T4 geared people doing nothing but white hits and randomly that low level kick combo attack (no clue whats the english name). Their DPS is so low that Demo pets are able to "overdps" them.
    I once tried to teach one of these guys the Slithering Chaos (Well, I guess it was one of these guys judging by his "playstyle"), T4 geared DT with 2 T5 main pieces, only used Sweep and the Enraging wound combo attacks, sometimes a Mystical Bane every now and then. He wasn't able to spot the center of the circular room where the first boss is. Yeah... and don't get me started about trying to explain him "Line of Sight". This guy got to level 80, farmed T4 gear at RF and even bought the lootboxes from the item shop to get some T5 armor pieces.
    Trying to tell him that he is using the wrong combo attacks resulted in being insulted by him, if I try to teach people for free and then get insulted they can just **** off, I don't even bother taking my time to tell these people anymore, if they **** up like that I just boot them out of the group, no time to carry people who wont listen and start insulting me for teaching them how to play the ****ing game.

Let them farm RF as much as they wont, they'll never learn tactics at Arbanus (or any other boss), the same people are still messing up blood draw that already messed it up almost 2 years ago, their fancy T4 gear wont help them if they simply can't execute the most simple tasks.

But thats just how most games work these days, people don't want to learn a game, they only want instant gratification for low effort. If you read the Steam Forums for some games you could just start crying, just as an example:
    The game Titan Quest (greek mythology Diablo 2 clone game) recently got a Anniversary Version on steam, new updates and stuff. Since it was on the front page a lot of people gabbed it (was sold for 5€), the first "boss" (basic fire-mage) you need to kill there has no hard mechanics, just dodge his fire stun attack and other attacks, thats it. Guess what? People on the forums there complained that this boss was too damn hard, the Devs needed to nerf him in the next patch. Yeah... this game is more than 10 years old, back then the boss was no problem for people because they were still able to learn stuff in games, nowdays thats somehow impossible for people.
    It's literally 5 - 8 minutes in the game and they were already overwhelmed by the "hard mechanics"... just unbelievable.
    what i can say if not 92 minutes of applause for you, mate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDr7fi1gFco
    Victory or Death

Haha that's exactly what I love at RF xD Seeing T4 geared people doing nothing but white hits and randomly that low level kick combo attack (no clue whats the english name). Their DPS is so low that Demo pets are able to "overdps" them.
    I once tried to teach one of these guys the Slithering Chaos (Well, I guess it was one of these guys judging by his "playstyle"), T4 geared DT with 2 T5 main pieces, only used Sweep and the Enraging wound combo attacks, sometimes a Mystical Bane every now and then. He wasn't able to spot the center of the circular room where the first boss is. Yeah... and don't get me started about trying to explain him "Line of Sight". This guy got to level 80, farmed T4 gear at RF and even bought the lootboxes from the item shop to get some T5 armor pieces.
    Trying to tell him that he is using the wrong combo attacks resulted in being insulted by him, if I try to teach people for free and then get insulted they can just **** off, I don't even bother taking my time to tell these people anymore, if they **** up like that I just boot them out of the group, no time to carry people who wont listen and start insulting me for teaching them how to play the ****ing game.

Let them farm RF as much as they wont, they'll never learn tactics at Arbanus (or any other boss), the same people are still messing up blood draw that already messed it up almost 2 years ago, their fancy T4 gear wont help them if they simply can't execute the most simple tasks.

But thats just how most games work these days, people don't want to learn a game, they only want instant gratification for low effort. If you read the Steam Forums for some games you could just start crying, just as an example:
    The game Titan Quest (greek mythology Diablo 2 clone game) recently got a Anniversary Version on steam, new updates and stuff. Since it was on the front page a lot of people gabbed it (was sold for 5€), the first "boss" (basic fire-mage) you need to kill there has no hard mechanics, just dodge his fire stun attack and other attacks, thats it. Guess what? People on the forums there complained that this boss was too damn hard, the Devs needed to nerf him in the next patch. Yeah... this game is more than 10 years old, back then the boss was no problem for people because they were still able to learn stuff in games, nowdays thats somehow impossible for people.
    It's literally 5 - 8 minutes in the game and they were already overwhelmed by the "hard mechanics"... just unbelievable.
    To be fair RF didn't 'introduce' people with no idea to level 80. I know of a couple of people who got to level 80 on their first melee toon (before the days of world boss and rf) by white hitting everything, they didn't know about combos and played the game the way you play just about every other similar game. They must have ruined their 1, 2, 3 buttons though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    To be fair RF didn't 'introduce' people with no idea to level 80. I know of a couple of people who got to level 80 on their first melee toon (before the days of world boss and rf) by white hitting everything, they didn't know about combos and played the game the way you play just about every other similar game. They must have ruined their 1, 2, 3 buttons though.
    You are right of course. But pre.WB and -RF you were not forced to play with them if you did not want to. If you met a 123-tortage-combo/cast-whitehitter back then in a raid or group you were able to teach him, drag him to voice com, many beginner guilds got members that way. We all have our stories of very wise barbs, 1 2 3 hitting conqs, even 1 2 3 hitting demos! The difference today is that you HAVE to play with those people, that your time and gamingexperience can be highly influenced by the, You can no longer choose to teach a newbie, you can not kick them if they do not listen or answer.
    Of course it is also true that the kind of "no chat.no voice com, no listening, not aswering"-player nowadays actually has content that keeps him in the game. In the past this people just quit after reaching 80, or leveled happily one class after the other, without ever caring about group content, like a single player game.
    But now we all meet this people in rf and at the wb. Maybe they learn how to use the chat, and that way they come in real raids and content. Unfortunatly this raids often are T3 and higher (because they have T4 gear, no need for T1 and 2^^), where you need to know at least a little bit about your class and game mechanics. Or they try right away to get into T5 and T6 raids...but this is a completly differerent toppic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    I need to be honest right now:
    If people play the game until level 80 with only white hits without even noticing the other hundrets of combos and spells they get then they are seriously not involved into the game. You can't tell me that people do not notice all the small symbols that keep popping up in their hotbars after every level up, that's just impossible.
    Don't get me started about the messages that tell you that you can spend feat /ability points.

Age of Conan is pretty "simple" when compared to other (good) MMOs, there is no incredible diverse and complicated gear system (it's probably one of the most simple systems, one tier of gear for ever tier of raid), the amount of combo attacks / spells is rather straightforward compared to other games where you got like 70 different spells at one time (not only ranks of the same combo like in AoC), even the feat tree system is very simple, it's the "old RPG style" (You chose a class and you will stay as that class forever, not being able to learn everything like in Skyrim where you can be a swordwielding-bowshooting-fire-conjurer-assassin-enchanter if you play long enough).

Not learing how to use a single combo until level 80 is just seriously weird to me, they play a game and don't even try to click on something? How does reallife work out for them? They only walk along the same path since they were born? Only walk to the same location? Sorry but I simply can't understand it.
    Most of these people use the argument "It's just a game!" or "I just want to play a bit and not pretend to study something, it's just a game after all!" Yeah. I know it's just a game, but even Chess needs to be learned to be fully enjoyed. People with this kind of mindset should stay at the mindless clicker games on Steam, no wonder these clicker games with anime boobs are so damn popular on Steam, braindead **** that needs no thinking, just clicking on the same spot the whole time.

Sure, the combo system might need some practice, especially in PvP when it comes to combo jumping and stuff like that. But not clicking on a combo symbol once and then trying out to press the corresponding arrow key for the whole leveling process is just... incredible... (I don't need to note that leveling without combos will take like 50% longer than normal, especially if it's their first playthrough).

I know I am ranting a lot about that, it's destroying games nowdays, everything is becoming mind numbingly easy because "everyone needs to be included, even the people who don't care at all about the game!". Everyone needs to have success with little effort, that's just wrong and has made the gaming industry come to what we have nowdays.
    Last edited by xCodename; 22nd January 2018 at 17:23.

I need to be honest right now:
    If people play the game until level 80 with only white hits without even noticing the other hundrets of combos and spells they get then they are seriously not involved into the game. You can't tell me that people do not notice all the small symbols that keep popping up in their hotbars after every level up, that's just impossible.
    Don't get me started about the messages that tell you that you can spend feat /ability points.

Age of Conan is pretty "simple" when compared to other (good) MMOs, there is no incredible diverse and complicated gear system (it's probably one of the most simple systems, one tier of gear for ever tier of raid), the amount of combo attacks / spells is rather straightforward compared to other games where you got like 70 different spells at one time (not only ranks of the same combo like in AoC), even the feat tree system is very simple, it's the "old RPG style" (You chose a class and you will stay as that class forever, not being able to learn everything like in Skyrim where you can be a swordwielding-bowshooting-fire-conjurer-assassin-enchanter if you play long enough).

Not learing how to use a single combo until level 80 is just seriously weird to me, they play a game and don't even try to click on something? How does reallife work out for them? They only walk along the same path since they were born? Only walk to the same location? Sorry but I simply can't understand it.
    Most of these people use the argument "It's just a game!" or "I just want to play a bit and not pretend to study something, it's just a game after all!" Yeah. I know it's just a game, but even Chess needs to be learned to be fully enjoyed. People with this kind of mindset should stay at the mindless clicker games on Steam, no wonder these clicker games with anime boobs are so damn popular on Steam, braindead **** that needs no thinking, just clicking on the same spot the whole time.

Sure, the combo system might need some practice, especially in PvP when it comes to combo jumping and stuff like that. But not clicking on a combo symbol once and then trying out to press the corresponding arrow key for the whole leveling process is just... incredible... (I don't need to note that leveling without combos will take like 50% longer than normal, especially if it's their first playthrough).

I know I am ranting a lot about that, it's destroying games nowdays, everything is becoming mind numbingly easy because "everyone needs to be included, even the people who don't care at all about the game!". Everyone needs to have success with little effort, that's just wrong and has made the gaming industry come to what we have nowdays.
    Amen, brother!

Yes, you hear about people leveling to 80 and not know what combos are but I just find it unbelievable. You would have to be brain dead and/or totally oblivious to everything around you to not notice combos/spells/feats etc as you level. If there are legit people that made it to 80 like this, I'm baffled on how they even make it day to day in real life...

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    If there are legit people that made it to 80 like this, I'm baffled on how they even make it day to day in real life...
    You live in a country where some people believe that the universe is less than 10 000 years old. People only using white hits (or starting combos but not following the patterns to avoid hitting shields) isn't that hard to imagine in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    You live in a country where some people believe that the universe is less than 10 000 years old. People only using white hits (or starting combos but not following the patterns to avoid hitting shields) isn't that hard to imagine in comparison.
    Wait, the universe is not less than 10,000 years old? Next you'll say the earth isn't flat!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    You live in a country where some people believe that the universe is less than 10 000 years old.
    And I live in a country in which the democatic elected leaders think they can let 1 million muslims per year into the country and that all remains peaceful.

I wonder which folks are more stupid.
    Last edited by ConanLogan; 23rd January 2018 at 01:28.

Do not discuss politics or religion on the forums please.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    Do not discuss politics or religion on the forums please.
    I'll take my Freedom Fries thanks
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids