Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Update tomorrow? Saga?

Quote Originally Posted by Khramps View Post
    So fully buffed rings (2) will now give a total of +300 con.

Okay, I know it's hard to understand for some of you, but this isn't rocket science.

How does this help the game again?
    You might want to check your math, when did 90+90+60 become 300? 240 is still a pretty significant number but your math seems way off.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

so instead of giving the stat that people are struggling to come by, hitrating, you give more crit rating, which is mostly hurtful.

don't mind DTs that are struggling to use elusive nature because of hitrating issues... need to use amras pride for hitrating, can't use unchained cloak.
    my bear is stuck on chaos rings, because RF rings has no hitrating... no gear options, and in the case of the rings I can't even use the RF rings...

instead of you only cater to the RF demographic with no technical sense for the game. They don't even understand hitrating is attractive. CRITS CRITS CRITS CON CON CON I LIVE ME IMBA WHAT IS HITRATING FOR
    and how hard is to patch atlantean shards into the real hyboria, and out of the rf-dimension which a lot players totally dread.

this was really easy to see from feedback on forums the last months, but totally ignored. gj with another idiot patch. are we subbing for this...? incredible stuff. sorry for my tone, if you want bahaved feedback, give me a PM. I can behave, but you certainly don't so why would I.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 18th January 2018 at 15:57.

Quote Originally Posted by DrenRawr View Post
    As a player who played hardcore for 3 years after launch (40-50 hours a week), and has returned after a 7 year break, I think RF is something different...at least for me.
    While it can be a long term farm goal, it has done a lot in helping re-learn raids, and even learn new raids.

It is my understanding these are watered down versions, but the mechanics are there to help you learn.
    From my perspective, RF is absolutely fantastic in bridging the gap between new players, returning players, and the experienced vets.

It is sad that more long term players aren't willing to spend time to help educate the new or returning players, instead taking the route of asking them to stand in the corner while talking about their mother.
    RF, when with a friendly group is amazing for learning or re-learning encounters and can help peak the interest of new and returning players.
    I have already discussed this topic in the past, I can be very theoretically agree with you, are the players to have denied me.
    Having a safe environment with easier bosses could be educational if players wanted to learn.
    Error was put relic IV in them.
    Try to bypass tactics using the brute force of the gear, reducing the fight and a tank & spank & wipe until you have buff x3-5 and then still tank & spank until the boss dies, it's NOT LEARNING.
    What did you learn about Cetris? Charge, tank & spank, go in middle, tank & spank, go in middle, get loot?
    What did you learn about Ethram-Fall? tank & spank, ignore seed, ignore fixation, ignore affliction?
    People do not listen, people do not want to learn. They farm as chinese for 2-3 relic IV and ignore any other content (hard fill HM except flame-vortex, hard fill vile, hard fill purist dungeons), this is the new AOC!!!
    Victory or Death

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    I have already discussed this topic in the past, I can be very theoretically agree with you, are the players to have denied me.
    Having a safe environment with easier bosses could be educational if players wanted to learn.
    Error was put relic IV in them.
    Try to bypass tactics using the brute force of the gear, reducing the fight and a tank & spank & wipe until you have buff x3-5 and then still tank & spank until the boss dies, it's NOT LEARNING.
    What did you learn about Cetris? Charge, tank & spank, go in middle, tank & spank, go in middle, get loot?
    What did you learn about Ethram-Fall? tank & spank, ignore seed, ignore fixation, ignore affliction?
    People do not listen, people do not want to learn. They farm as chinese for 2-3 relic IV and ignore any other content (hard fill HM except flame-vortex, hard fill vile, hard fill purist dungeons), this is the new AOC!!!
    It is not the players fault that there's no mechanics in raid finder, or more accurately, no reason not to ignore them. That's completely on development for not having the sense to do it properly.

Simply put, everything implemented in the last 2 years has been a farce (aside from Slithering which was only a partial farce). Any reasonable and sensible developer would've had raid finder dropping far inferior loot to that which is available in the normal raids since they are far inferior raids, with Atlantean Shards being available in all tiers (including raid finder) on a scaling degree.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    It is not the players fault that there's no mechanics in raid finder, or more accurately, no reason not to ignore them. That's completely on development for not having the sense to do it properly.

Simply put, everything implemented in the last 2 years has been a farce (aside from Slithering which was only a partial farce). Any reasonable and sensible developer would've had raid finder dropping far inferior loot to that which is available in the normal raids since they are far inferior raids, with Atlantean Shards being available in all tiers (including raid finder) on a scaling degree.
    My opinion is if RF would give say 10 shards in a 1 time quest per week, but with no T3/T4 relics etc, with pets being random bonus drops. Then have regular raids drop shards based on tier (throwing random #'s out, but each T1 boss = 1 shard, T2=2....up to each T6 dropping 6 shards). Doing this would have created an explosion of raiding for all tiers in this game. Instead the exact opposite has happened where the regular raids have taken a big hit ever since RF released, but the top guilds still regularly running T6/T5 in house.

I even brought up the shards for tier 1 to 6 raids with the new developer when he was in game on Global on Crom a couple of weeks ago...he didn't say yes or no but thought it was an interesting idea

For what that's worth

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    I even brought up the shards for tier 1 to 6 raids with the new developer when he was in game on Global on Crom a couple of weeks ago...he didn't say yes or no but thought it was an interesting idea

For what that's worth
    "Interesting idea"? Pfft, this was suggested when RF first was released....

You are a great player and a lover of aoc, I can see your love for aoc from your videos so you are the last person I expected this reasoning.
    The fact that it is possible to bypass a tactic does not mean that this is the best choice for two reasons:
    1) Bypassing the tactics causing wipe waiting for the buff at least x3 slows down the game a lot, there were evenings that to kill 3 RF bosses it took more time than a whole run T6
    2) If the players tried to learn the tactics in RF they could play the REAL raids. You better than me you know that the T4 is enough for start T6 (about T5 maybe they do not know the tactics) and learning the tactics for example of the bosses T6 they could try to make a true T6.
    But the people do nothing else, leach T4 and quit on the next toon.
    There is neither desire nor ambition to play and see beyond.
    Does anyone say that the T4 is the new T1 gear, if it is true, where are the "new" T2(5-6) pugs or not? Are even the some people and guilds to do end-game, less and not more (with a lot of veterans quitting)!
    People have blamed the world for years.
    Elitism, difficulty to start, difficulty in having enough gear to get into a raid, difficulty in gaining experience (********, in my opinion, since in a videogames we are all the same and we have all the same opportunities, nobody is in an advantage position and there are cap limit), Now everything is easier, now everything is within everyone's reach but I still do not see any forward movement!
    Totally agree about the question that RFs should not drop gear raids, they should have a specific gear raid (a sort of T1 or T2.5), with less difficulty, less reward!
    Last edited by zujilin; 18th January 2018 at 21:42.
    Victory or Death

Regarding ignoring tactics: in many fights you can absolutely ignore all mechanics and kill, but there are also a few fights where just mindlessly tank/spank ignoring mechanics imported from the real version just cause pure mess. Examples are Entity and not enough people on pads, Hathor Ka and miasma, Arbanus and blood draw, etc.

And when you bring these things up in RF, you have people ignore you, purposely don't do mechanics to troll, go afk, or make comments like "who are you to tell me how to play the game!".

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Regarding ignoring tactics: in many fights you can absolutely ignore all mechanics and kill, but there are also a few fights where just mindlessly tank/spank ignoring mechanics imported from the real version just cause pure mess. Examples are Entity and not enough people on pads, Hathor Ka and miasma, Arbanus and blood draw, etc.

And when you bring these things up in RF, you have people ignore you, purposely don't do mechanics to troll, go afk, or make comments like "who are you to tell me how to play the game!".
    Haha I love the people who dont bother to learn strats, wiping the raid for an hour, then arguing that "they should be able to play the game how they want to play it STFU"
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]