Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Update tomorrow? Saga?

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Haha I love the people who dont bother to learn strats, wiping the raid for an hour, then arguing that "they should be able to play the game how they want to play it STFU"
    I'm paying a sub, I can play however I want!

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    You are a great player and a lover of aoc, I can see your love for aoc from your videos so you are the last person I expected this reasoning.
    The fact that it is possible to bypass a tactic does not mean that this is the best choice for two reasons:
    1) Bypassing the tactics causing wipe waiting for the buff at least x3 slows down the game a lot, there were evenings that to kill 3 RF bosses it took more time than a whole run T6
    2) If the players tried to learn the tactics in RF they could play the REAL raids. You better than me you know that the T4 is enough for start T6 (about T5 maybe they do not know the tactics) and learning the tactics for example of the bosses T6 they could try to make a true T6.
    But the people do nothing else, leach T4 and quit on the next toon.
    There is neither desire nor ambition to play and see beyond.
    Does anyone say that the T4 is the new T1 gear, if it is true, where are the "new" T2(5-6) pugs or not? Are even the some people and guilds to do end-game, less and not more (with a lot of veterans quitting)!
    People have blamed the world for years.
    Elitism, difficulty to start, difficulty in having enough gear to get into a raid, difficulty in gaining experience (********, in my opinion, since in a videogames we are all the same and we have all the same opportunities, nobody is in an advantage position and there are cap limit), Now everything is easier, now everything is within everyone's reach but I still do not see any forward movement!
    Totally agree about the question that RFs should not drop gear raids, they should have a specific gear raid (a sort of T1 or T2.5), with less difficulty, less reward!
    In theory you're right but the reality of the situation is that if it's faster to ignore mechanics that you don't need to deal with, then you're doing it more efficiently - yes, if you're just wiping intentionally so you can tank and spank a boss, that's silly and inefficient, but I've never seen that happen. In some cases mechanics are so nerfed you wouldn't even know what they do unless you had done the real raid version, which is a design flaw. Pug without consequence systems have always been abused, it started with mini games, it continued through world boss, it's not anything new and you don't see forward progression by the majority unless they're forced into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    My opinion is if RF would give say 10 shards in a 1 time quest per week, but with no T3/T4 relics etc, with pets being random bonus drops. Then have regular raids drop shards based on tier (throwing random #'s out, but each T1 boss = 1 shard, T2=2....up to each T6 dropping 6 shards). Doing this would have created an explosion of raiding for all tiers in this game. Instead the exact opposite has happened where the regular raids have taken a big hit ever since RF released, but the top guilds still regularly running T6/T5 in house.
    Yep, it could've worked with the other raiding content that way rather than obliterating most of it.

I always felt RF should have had a lockout like every other raid, and it's own specific loot with a gear budget very slightly below T3.5 (or just use T3.5 gear and the old weapons if that was too hard). So, you do RF, you get a gold box with some shards, 1 piece of gear/weapon and the chance of a pet, and then you're locked out until next week.
    Last edited by Evito; 19th January 2018 at 01:26.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Yep, it could've worked with the other raiding content that way rather than obliterating most of it.

I always felt RF should have had a lockout like every other raid, and it's own specific loot with a gear budget very slightly below T3.5 (or just use T3.5 gear and the old weapons if that was too hard). So, you do RF, you get a gold box with some shards, 1 piece of gear/weapon and the chance of a pet, and then you're locked out until next week.
    That would be nice, but at the end of the week most people would have already done RF with all their characters and some people wouldn't be able to do it, right now the last 3 days takes a long time before any RF starts because there is always lack of healers or tanks.

maybe a shorter lockout, lets say, 72hrs before the next tme you can join a RF.
    maybe shorter groups of 12 people instead of 24.

anyhow, RF is not that bad, there has been always terrible players that just don't listen to strats, RF serves them well to keep'em busy.
    what i really hate about rf, is that it made half content of AoC completly obsolete, there is just no reason to play khitai factions anymore, they are far more expensive than t4 gear, they take lot of time to get to the rank where you can actually buy the purple gear, and it's simply not that good.

i wish they do something about it, but, i know it wont happen.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    what i really hate about rf, is that it made half content of AoC completly obsolete, there is just no reason to play khitai factions anymore, they are far more expensive than t4 gear, they take lot of time to get to the rank where you can actually buy the purple gear, and it's simply not that good.
    This is not true, one faction of choice can be maxed out within seven days. Only faction quests, including refuge and city for insignias. That is x2 epics from the vendor. And doing solo dungeons, without ever joining simple mona/palace will earn another x2 epics from vendor pretty fast. Grinding rf makes no sense and relic drop rate is too low after first weekly run.

In theory you're right but the reality of the situation is that if it's faster to ignore mechanics that you don't need to deal with, then you're doing it more efficiently - yes, if you're just wiping intentionally so you can tank and spank a boss, that's silly and inefficient, but I've never seen that happen. In some cases mechanics are so nerfed you wouldn't even know what they do unless you had done the real raid version, which is a design flaw. Pug without consequence systems have always been abused, it started with mini games, it continued through world boss, it's not anything new and you don't see forward progression by the majority unless they're forced into it.
    You had to do mechanics at Rocknoses in t6 ...it was too hard though and the big bad "elitists" mingling with the zombie farmers could not salvage the situation so it got nerfed so much you can just sit there getting hit by everything.Tanking 2 bosses together was "fun" too since the "i signed as dps" soldiers could not do ****!GOOD DESIGN.
    Sinqq - Elitist QQer

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    since the "i signed as dps" soldiers could not do ****!GOOD DESIGN.
    What's worse are the soldiers who sign as tank and can't/won't tank anything. I usually have to sign as dps on my soldiers (knowing I will end up tanking) because the whopping 4 spots for signing as tank are pretty much always already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    What's worse are the soldiers who sign as tank and can't/won't tank anything. I usually have to sign as dps on my soldiers (knowing I will end up tanking) because the whopping 4 spots for signing as tank are pretty much always already taken.
    ye or geniouses that sign tank to get a pop, then they go afk :P
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    ye or geniouses that sign tank to get a pop, then they go afk :P
    And then you have the tanks in level 50 green gear that can't hold aggro from white hits or survive if they actually have aggro.

Some genuine leechers though I feel sorry for innocent newb who doesn't know any better since there's no actual guidance given like a 'warning; you shouldn't sign up as tank unless you have a full set of purple gear' or whatever.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

And then you have the tanks in level 50 green gear that can't hold aggro from white hits or survive if they actually have aggro.

you shouldn't sign up as tank unless you have a full set of purple gear' or whatever.
    more than anything else experience in keeping aggro.
    The purple gear is no longer missing to anyone, now even the poorest is dressed half T3 and a half T4.
    The problem is that the players who grew up in this slime, without guides and knowledge (they are not motivated to read or compare with anyone, as it is not needed, they are immune to the kick, if you try say something you are "elitist") totally lack the basics of using their character. Their rotations are a lot of white hits mixed with occasional random combos, including the archetype tortage combos (Enraging Strike, Enraging Wound etc.) that they did not remove from the bar when the game proposed them automatically (I have often had some rotation of some people under control when I saw strange situations in the past, now I have not done it for a long time).
    Victory or Death

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    more than anything else experience in keeping aggro.
    The purple gear is no longer missing to anyone, now even the poorest is dressed half T3 and a half T4.
    The problem is that the players who grew up in this slime, without guides and knowledge (they are not motivated to read or compare with anyone, as it is not needed, they are immune to the kick, if you try say something you are "elitist") totally lack the basics of using their character. Their rotations are a lot of white hits mixed with occasional random combos, including the archetype tortage combos (Enraging Strike, Enraging Wound etc.) that they did not remove from the bar when the game proposed them automatically (I have often had some rotation of some people under control when I saw strange situations in the past, now I have not done it for a long time).
    Haha that's exactly what I love at RF xD Seeing T4 geared people doing nothing but white hits and randomly that low level kick combo attack (no clue whats the english name). Their DPS is so low that Demo pets are able to "overdps" them.
    I once tried to teach one of these guys the Slithering Chaos (Well, I guess it was one of these guys judging by his "playstyle"), T4 geared DT with 2 T5 main pieces, only used Sweep and the Enraging wound combo attacks, sometimes a Mystical Bane every now and then. He wasn't able to spot the center of the circular room where the first boss is. Yeah... and don't get me started about trying to explain him "Line of Sight". This guy got to level 80, farmed T4 gear at RF and even bought the lootboxes from the item shop to get some T5 armor pieces.
    Trying to tell him that he is using the wrong combo attacks resulted in being insulted by him, if I try to teach people for free and then get insulted they can just **** off, I don't even bother taking my time to tell these people anymore, if they **** up like that I just boot them out of the group, no time to carry people who wont listen and start insulting me for teaching them how to play the ****ing game.

Let them farm RF as much as they wont, they'll never learn tactics at Arbanus (or any other boss), the same people are still messing up blood draw that already messed it up almost 2 years ago, their fancy T4 gear wont help them if they simply can't execute the most simple tasks.

But thats just how most games work these days, people don't want to learn a game, they only want instant gratification for low effort. If you read the Steam Forums for some games you could just start crying, just as an example:
    The game Titan Quest (greek mythology Diablo 2 clone game) recently got a Anniversary Version on steam, new updates and stuff. Since it was on the front page a lot of people gabbed it (was sold for 5€), the first "boss" (basic fire-mage) you need to kill there has no hard mechanics, just dodge his fire stun attack and other attacks, thats it. Guess what? People on the forums there complained that this boss was too damn hard, the Devs needed to nerf him in the next patch. Yeah... this game is more than 10 years old, back then the boss was no problem for people because they were still able to learn stuff in games, nowdays thats somehow impossible for people.
    It's literally 5 - 8 minutes in the game and they were already overwhelmed by the "hard mechanics"... just unbelievable.
    Last edited by xCodename; 19th January 2018 at 17:00.