Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Saga server !

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    So on saga I can level up a character from lvl 1 to 80, then raid all the way up to T6 in order to... get T6 loot as a reward ?
    Surely if one has the ability to raid T6 and wants to get T6 loot, one can do that on Crom with an existing character that's already lvled up/geared/AA'ed, right ?

What's the incentive for Saga, rather than Crom ? I don't see it :/ Granted there are exclusive titles and vanity items but is that enough ? Personally I'm not sure.
    This is what I'm trying to figure out. Who exactly is the target audience for this server? The only people that can pull this off on Saga are the ones that do this already on multiple toons on Crom, without having to grind up a new character to do on the new server. So what's the incentive to do what I already do on Crom on a weekly basis?

As for those that can't do T6 on Crom currently, what's really their incentive? They still won't be able to do it on Saga, especially with a toon less geared/AA'd than their Crom toon. They might be able to hook up with a Crom T6 raiding force on Saga and get it done that way of course, but they can still do that on Crom currently.

This just doesn't seem well thought out....

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    This is what I'm trying to figure out. Who exactly is the target audience for this server? The only people that can pull this off on Saga are the ones that do this already on multiple toons on Crom, without having to grind up a new character to do on the new server. So what's the incentive to do what I already do on Crom on a weekly basis?

As for those that can't do T6 on Crom currently, what's really their incentive? They still won't be able to do it on Saga, especially with a toon less geared/AA'd than their Crom toon. They might be able to hook up with a Crom T6 raiding force on Saga and get it done that way of course, but they can still do that on Crom currently.

It makes sense if the T6-weapon quest reward is for some achievement that is well before actual T6 raids. Then it becomes a means to get t6 weapons for people not doing T6 on crom. That might be the case since those who actually do finish T6 on Saga gets a title and loot crate. They would not toss that crate in for some achievement that already got a t6 weapon as a reward.
    /speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Almuryc View Post
    Anyone notice the wording "first Saga server"? So instead of content we're going to be given an endless train of fresh start servers with nothing new to do?

They might be able to mix things up with one in future being an open world PVP but as for this one, without XP pots and the like, it's sure going to be one helluva grind. If you can't access a fast mount early or teleports, some people will struggle to find the time to get a toon to 80 plus doing all their regular guild stuff on Crom. Only so many hours in the day.

I was going to roll a tank, a conq, but if we're looking at the default inventory size, bugger that. I'll roll a bear instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post

We cannot know until we are there but from what i have understood, out of Tortage from level 20 start one new chain quest "Zath Saga" this chain should make toons able to get the challenge soon, some as for raid. Roles of server are different to Crom. Challenge is end them not should need grind them for months. Roles are different. It is one speed challenge. At least so i understood.
    Victory or Death

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    We cannot know until we are there but from what i have understood, out of Tortage from level 20 start one new chain quest "Zath Saga" this chain should make toons able to get the challenge soon, some as for raid. Roles of server are different to Crom. Challenge is end them not should need grind them for months. Roles are different. It is one speed challenge. At least so i understood.
    But to get to level 80 will require doing the quests in all the relevant areas like on Crom. I imagine FC will be hoping the Item Shop does a roaring trade with mounts, riding skill, bags, teleports and armour sets being needed to be bought again.

Quote Originally Posted by hepp View Post
    It makes sense if the T6-weapon quest reward is for some achievement that is well before actual T6 raids. Then it becomes a means to get t6 weapons for people not doing T6 on crom.

I think you are right Quote "Completing EACH stage of the quest awards a special vanity item or account-wide title exclusive to Saga of Zath, ALONG with powerful loot including a Tier 4 Cloak and a Tier 6 Weapon and Necklace for your class! "

Looks like you should get some T6 or the chance to get some T6 everytime you complete one step of the Saga Quest. But, If that is the case, wich is the incentive for players who already did T6 in differents toons on Crom ? I don t see it, pets ? vanity ?
    Last edited by SYNDEM; 23rd January 2018 at 14:52. Reason: Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    But to get to level 80 will require doing the quests in all the relevant areas like on Crom. I imagine FC will be hoping the Item Shop does a roaring trade with mounts, riding skill, bags, teleports and armour sets being needed to be bought again.
    As i wrote they talked about "Zath Saga chain quest".
    Too early to talk about "doing the quests in all the relevant areas like on Crom." . We cannot know how much these quest xp and what loot them give. Possibile them drive you at 80 already full epic as is possibile not.
    Victory or Death

I wish Funcom would have spent their time and resources making something truly new and useful on Crom server, such as a raid boss called Zath (big spider of course!). Hell it can be a single boss instance, at least it would be new content.

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    As i wrote they talked about "Zath Saga chain quest".
    Too early to talk about "doing the quests in all the relevant areas like on Crom." . We cannot know how much these quest xp and what loot them give. Possibile them drive you at 80 already full epic as is possibile not.
    Unless they give out lots of armor/AA's during the leveling process, such as full T3 set armor when hitting 80, this will be hard to gear/AA up 24 people to clear T6 in a little over 3 months.

Two things I wonder:

1) Will the cooldown for raids be shorter than on Crom? If it's still one week cooldown, how it will be possible to gear toon in time to do T6 before the server is shut down?

2) Will the T6 necklace/weapon reward be actual items, or equivalent in relics? If it's relics, you could play any toon, then use the relics on your main toon on Crom when the server is closed. It gives a lot more freedom of choice to players. But.. if it's the actual item for your class you will probably want to play your main (if you're not T6 already). And will players who use main hand/off hand get both, or just one (ie. ranger get bow and ammo, guard get sword and board, two daggers for sin, etc.). Otherwise, they will be disadvantaged relative to two-hand weapon users (HoX, Shammy, etc.)